The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
In other news.
Got the email from the cruise company.. I didnt make it.

I'm definitively disappointed and scared in terms of financials.

noone of my leads have helped me much on my attempt to move to Canada either.
A lot seem interested when I mention my experience. but as soon they hear or read I'm Mexican looking to emigrate.. poof.. silence.
So sorry about this. Hope you have better luck with a new job and move.

Cesar R M

So terribly sorry. Is there a headhunter group that can help you?
I'm unsure about that. This is the only company that they use to hire nationals of my country to cruise companies.
As for Canadian jobs, I have been applying to a few jobs in Canada using online resources.
It would help me more if I had more contacts with people who know people who are in management. Because not many companies are keen to try "untested" people like me.

Rista1313

Similar to Soarin?

Sort of.. you do have to wear 3d glasses, and you are sitting forward on a motorcycle style seat... the seat moves some, to simulate the dips of flying, so there is movement, but I don't remember anything jerky. I'll watch YouTube and let you know in case you don't want any spoilers on that one. Honestly it's so worth it if you can!

donaldtoo

In other news.
Got the email from the cruise company.. I didnt make it.

I'm definitively disappointed and scared in terms of financials.

noone of my leads have helped me much on my attempt to move to Canada either.
A lot seem interested when I mention my experience. but as soon they hear or read I'm Mexican looking to emigrate.. poof.. silence.

So very sorry to hear this, Cesar.
This one sounded so promising, and we were all really rooting for you.
Prayers that you'll find something even better, soon...!!! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Most places over here won't accept credit cards....only debit. So you have to use either cash or debit card. It's a pain sometimes when you need to buy something big. You can't buy it and make payments on it every month....you have to buy everything outright.
Not completely a terrible thing. It keeps people living within their means. I can see how it could be a problem though when you need to make an expensive purchase.

Goofyernmost

My mom was this way with salt for a couple months in my childhood. She'd even buy salt free saltine crackers. Why do they even make those?!?!
They were made for what was my dads favorite evening snack. Crackers in Milk. Just like cereal, but, cheaper. Actually I used to eat it with him and I loved it. Still do, but, I very seldom eat any of it now. I would but I don't want to throw away that many calories. Sometimes when I am feeling very depressed, it is a handy comfort food.

Goofyernmost

I put it on the no list, thanks guys! I kept Speedway (if it's open when we go) though.
I think Speedway is worse then Test Track. Test Track does have some stop and go, but, nothing more intense then taking a ride in your car. Speedway doesn't go very fast, but, as soon as one of those top notch 4 year old drivers smack into you it does create a bit of a "whiplash" action.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm unsure about that. This is the only company that they use to hire nationals of my country to cruise companies.
As for Canadian jobs, I have been applying to a few jobs in Canada using online resources.
It would help me more if I had more contacts with people who know people who are in management. Because not many companies are keen to try "untested" people like me.
But you have a resume as well as previous employers who can vouch for you.

Cesar R M

So very sorry to hear this, Cesar.
This one sounded so promising, and we were all really rooting for you.
Prayers that you'll find something even better, soon...!!! :)
I wish, this probably was my biggest opportunity.
And I felt confident because the interview went very well and the language used seemed like I had passed such interview.
But like I said, it seems they filled the position first in another country.
There was no way they could have interviewed the mexican lot that fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom