The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Okay...... opinions needed, and most of you know why..... I'm going to list some rides, and hopefully you guys can reply with "smooth" or "not smooth" to them.

BTMRR
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Mission Space Green
Test Track
TOT
FoP
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur

Any help is appreciated!!
I haven't ridden BTMRR since my honeymoon, so I don't really remember, but given the reputation for the vibration being able to dislodge kidney stones, I'd say not so smooth. But Haunted Mansion is just a dark ride like The Little Mermaid, or Journey into the Imagination....smooth. Splash has a big drop....otherwise it's a boat ride, so smooth, except for the drop...that's iffy.

Test track NOT SMOOTH.
Kali River has several drops and it kind of bounces off the sides a bit....not exactly smooth, but not really rough either.

The other ones I have never done, so I don't know.

FutureCEO

I haven't ridden BTMRR since my honeymoon, so I don't really remember, but given the reputation for the vibration being able to dislodge kidney stones, I'd say not so smooth. But Haunted Mansion is just a dark ride like The Little Mermaid, or Journey into the Imagination....smooth. Splash has a big drop....otherwise it's a boat ride, so smooth, except for the drop...that's iffy.

Test track NOT SMOOTH.
Kali River has several drops and it kind of bounces off the sides a bit....not exactly smooth, but not really rough either.

The other ones I have never done, so I don't know.

Sometimes you do play bumper boats on Splash

Songbird76

I wish, this probably was my biggest opportunity.
And I felt confident because the interview went very well and the language used seemed like I had passed such interview.
But like I said, it seems they filled the position first in another country.
There was no way they could have interviewed the mexican lot that fast.
I'm so sorry it didn't work out! I've heard that when you get rejected, you should ask them what you could do better in future interviews. It shows how much you want it, lets them see that you can take criticism and that you are willing to improve, and it gives you an idea of what you need to work on. Sometimes, it will make a company remember you the next time they need someone. So say one of the people they were going to hire decides not to take the job, they might think....oh, hey, that guy from Mexico was actually pretty good and showed real initiative in contacting us to ask for critique. Let's give him a call and see if he is still interested.

StarWarsGirl

Okay...... opinions needed, and most of you know why..... I'm going to list some rides, and hopefully you guys can reply with "smooth" or "not smooth" to them.

BTMRR
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Mission Space Green
Test Track
TOT
FoP
Kali River Rapids
Dinosaur

Any help is appreciated!!
BTMRR - This one is interesting. It's rough in WDW, but smooth in DL. The track out there was completely replaced a few years ago. If I were you, I'd save it for DL.
Splash Mountain - It's a boat ride. Slow moving with drops.
HM - I can nap on that thing
TT - They took the bumpy section out when they updated it. Like riding in a car basically.
TofT - It does drop faster than the speed of gravity, but it doesn't jerk your neck. You might want to wait on it; it's pretty scary. I was older than A when I first rode it and got off crying.
FoP - So I am a bit biassed on this one in that I hate it. It does jerk suddenly. I get horribly motion sick on it.
Kali - It's smooth, but don't bother. It's boring and you get soaked.
Dinosaur - Jerky on purpose. Don't do it.

Songbird76

Not any worse than on any other boat ride, though. I think if she can do other boat rides, she can do that one.
I think the danger with Splash is the drop....the impact at the bottom, because it does jolt. Just like with Test Track....when we rode it in 2016, there was one spot where it just stopped suddenly...like to test the brakes. My knees kept getting slammed against the seat in front of me every time there was a sudden change in speed or direction. I HATED that ride because it hurt! So it's not so much that the track isn't smooth, but that there are stops and starts that are jerky.

And I just remembered, DD came off of ToT in 2016 with neck pain. We thought we were going to have to take her to a doctor because she was crying by the end of the day. I'd stay away from that one.

Cesar R M

I'm so sorry it didn't work out! I've heard that when you get rejected, you should ask them what you could do better in future interviews. It shows how much you want it, lets them see that you can take criticism and that you are willing to improve, and it gives you an idea of what you need to work on. Sometimes, it will make a company remember you the next time they need someone. So say one of the people they were going to hire decides not to take the job, they might think....oh, hey, that guy from Mexico was actually pretty good and showed real initiative in contacting us to ask for critique. Let's give him a call and see if he is still interested.
already emailed them about this, they haven't answered.
But I'm pretty sure that they filled the position from a different country even before anyone from our country (those who qualified, which were like..4 of us) had full blown interviews.
Well see what they answer.

As for them not taking the job. Thats what I still hope.
There has been plenty of cases where they were about to board and they decided against it.
Leaving the position to be available again.

StarWarsGirl

I think the danger with Splash is the drop....the impact at the bottom, because it does jolt. Just like with Test Track....when we rode it in 2016, there was one spot where it just stopped suddenly...like to test the brakes. My knees kept getting slammed against the seat in front of me every time there was a sudden change in speed or direction. I HATED that ride because it hurt! So it's not so much that the track isn't smooth, but that there are stops and starts that are jerky.

And I just remembered, DD came off of ToT in 2016 with neck pain. We thought we were going to have to take her to a doctor because she was crying by the end of the day. I'd stay away from that one.
I went one year post car accident. I had a pretty bad neck sprain and whiplash. The ones I couldn't do were Barnstormer, BTM, Space, Safari, and Dinosaur. Everything else was fine. Splash the solution is to duck and brace with your hands. Didn't have an issue on that one. That's terrible with your daughter on ToT; I remember it being fine.

TT should be fine as long as she's sitting on the ends with the shoulder belt.

RnRC I was fine on, but if you don't know how to hold your neck properly, you can get banged up on that one.

Cesar R M

as far I remember, test track has 3 parts where it "jerks you" around.
The brake test, the "dodge" test where something is about to hit you..(and your car moves quickly to "dodge")
and the first curve when speeding up.
after that, its only slow trembling of the car as it speeds around.

As for Splash, I think the worst is the dark drop.. the only jerk is when the boat reaches the "lift" system chain and pushes you overboard before the drop in every drop.
And of course ,the final drop where you get squished down by the splash/slowdown that the water causes.

wdwfan4ver

Barter, although not practical in many situations, can also be a good method of payment. One of my brothers is a carpenter. Years ago, he was tight on money, but needed some dental work done. Luckily, he bartered his dental work, for a custom, hand-carved, wooden sign for the front of the dentist's business. It was a win-win for both. :)
I know about barter based on what I was told growing up. My mom told me that she took piano lessons when she was growing up in the small city she lived in. I said small city due to it being just over 6,000 people at the time my mom took piano lessons.

The piano teacher was not good at baking bread from scratch, but knew my mom's mom was. The Piano Teacher and the grandma that died before I was born were friends.

The piano teacher wanted fresh loaf of homemade bread as payment for each piano lesson and that what she got based on what my mom told me years ago.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan I don't remember FOP being jerky, hubby has back issues and did not complain about it...if I remember right, it was pretty smooth

Yes, FOP is smooth. @dryerlintfan . I don't know if that ride is for little kids, though. It's not just the height thing, but I think the imagery is a big too much for a young child. (Did you want to ride it by yourself, perhaps?)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just wanted to add.. The Green side of Mission: Space reminds me more of a slightly milder Star Tours. That is with the old one, but, strictly judging from what I have read about the New Green ride... it is much, much milder. Never been on it, so take that with a grain of salt. Even with my current back problems I would not hesitate to ride it at all.

I've been on the Green side and it's far less intense than the regular side. No G forces on Green. I thought it was fun;; not every ride has to be a thrill ride.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news.
Got the email from the cruise company.. I didnt make it.

I'm definitively disappointed and scared in terms of financials.

noone of my leads have helped me much on my attempt to move to Canada either.
A lot seem interested when I mention my experience. but as soon they hear or read I'm Mexican looking to emigrate.. poof.. silence.

Cesar, I am sorry to hear this news. You put such good effort into this job interview process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom