The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The lighting makes her look bald. It's been in the media lately. http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...e-obamas-jeopardy-appearance-raises-questions
Okay, I actually thought she was supposed to look that way.
Many African American women wear their hair very, very short, or shaved completely, and look absolutely stunning.

Here's some trivia - in Canada, black people prefer to be called Black. Very few recognize themselves as African Canadian, as most of our black population hail from the Caribbean (Jamaica, primarily), rather than from Africa.

Eric1955

Okay, I actually thought she was supposed to look that way.
Many African American women wear their hair very, very short, or shaved completely, and look absolutely stunning.

Yes, but It would be the first time a First Lady shaved her head.

Here's some trivia - in Canada, black people prefer to be called Black. Very few recognize themselves as African Canadian, as most of our black population hail from the Caribbean (Jamaica, primarily), rather than from Africa.

Yes, I've never even heard the term "African Canadian"

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was in Target and if anyone was watching me boy they must have been laughing. I did find a pattern though. It seems with all the bags I looked at all of the candy manufactured in China and Mexico was the novelty candies for the holiday or spring line, with about half of it being manufactured in the USA. I moved over to the regular candy area and all the Hersey stuff was manufactured in the USA. The one item that I did find from their year round area was those zip lock bags of mini pencil eraser sized peanut butter cuplets. That was from Mexico

Detective @Gabe1 is hot on the case! :p I'll bet people were wondering why you were taking pix of candy packages o_O ;). I think it would have been even funnier, if you brought along an accomplice (your DD), who could provide crowd control: "O.k. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here." :hilarious: (I do think your hunch about seasonal novelties made outside the U.S. may have some validity, though. I started seeing the trend back at Halloween, through Christmas, Valentine's Day, and now with some of the Easter candy as well.) Case closed!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Probably will never get an empty rink to myself again.

That was GREAT that you had the whole rink to yourself!!! And, you're right--chances of that ever happening again are slim to none. When I used to take figure skating lessons, the major disappointment (of all the skaters) was never being able to get enough ice time. There was such a demand (especially from the hockey leagues) that it was hard to make any progress, when you were so limited in time on the ice each week. I'm really happy you got to experience an empty rink.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One of the partners at the office (actually, the one who gave me my review today) and his family went to England and France (mainly London and some Paris) over spring break. He said the English/British food was awesome!
This, comin' from a native Texan that has eaten tons of BBQ, Tex-Mex, Asian, Italian, etc., over his lifetime.
Maybe it was the fact that they've never really had it before, but, they just loved it...! :)

I've been to Ireland, and my ancestors are from there. Lovely countryside, etc., but man, the food was bland. The only food I liked was the breakfast variety--eggs, homemade brown bread, Irish sausage, and yogurt. I'm also a coffee drinker and tea (although nice), every day, just didn't make it with me. The only "real" cup of coffee I had in a 7-day trip over there, was at Bewley's in Dublin. That place was awesome.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well didn't feel the earthquake of Northern IL today. o_O

Earthquake?! :jawdrop: Yikes. Hopefully, it was just a small tremor. (I did see on the 5 AM news this morning about a tornado in Oklahoma; Moore was one of the places hit, although they said it was nothing like the huge one of a few years ago, and at this early point, no injuries. Apparently, the tornado season has been slow to start this year. It would be nice if it just never arrived, period.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom