The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Not morbid. I had considered it. Just forgot her last name.

I don’t remember her ever posting her last name, and I only knew her husbands first name because she posted “R.I.P. Don” the morning he passed.
I know her daughter also wrote at least 2 Disney-related books, but, I believe they were under her married name at the time.
Bets posted something about both of the books at some point.

I just know that, no matter where she is, “Bets” would get a good chuckle out of all the attention we’re giving her lately...!!!!! :hilarious: :inlove: :happy: ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Dinner tonight. I made beef stroganoff, roast broccoli, and roast butternut squash. It was delish! View attachment 340670
A perfect hearty meal for a cold snowy night. I woke up to about 2 inches. How about you?

Well, I need to revise my snow totals. It looked like 2 inches, but then curiosity got the best of me so I took a golf club off the deck to poke the ground with. Maybe 1/2 an inch. I was way off. :rolleyes: I will take it though. :)

Last edited:

Songbird76

My little entrepreneur made $75 today!!

T and 2 neighbor kids took shovels and knocked on doors asking people if they could shovel their driveways. The man at the first house said “How much are you charging?” T said “25 cents”. The man said “No you can’t shovel my driveway for 25 cents! What about $5 each?”

They made a total of $225 between the 3 of them!
Way to go!! I'd capitalize on that while he still thinks it's fun! In a few years, even that $5 won't be much incentive.

MySmallWorldof4

T and 2 neighbor kids took shovels and knocked on doors asking people if they could shovel their driveways. The man at the first house said “How much are you charging?” T said “25 cents”. The man said “No you can’t shovel my driveway for 25 cents! What about $5 each?”

Wow, that is awesome! Nice to see kids that have work ethic.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, I'm back. Dishes put away, and dishwasher reloaded. Potatoes peeled and cut for dinner making. Dinner prep finished. I did manage to also take down our little bit of xmas decorations, however, they haven't made it to the basement yet....

That's perfectly fine. They're "en route" . . . ;) (I imagine they'll arrive at their destination by next weekend, or so. That's the way it goes over here, too.) :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My X-brother in law, my sisters husband was a hick from a backwards town in Vermont, but, thought he was highly sophisticated. One of his favorite put downs was to say... well what do you expect, I bet they eat fried egg sandwiches. What he never bothered to find out was when his wife and I were growing up, we didn't have a lot of money and we ate "fried egg" sandwiches quite often. I can remember sitting out in the school playground eating my lunch of Fried Egg Sandwich that my mother packed for me. We didn't ever find it funny and he was to damn dense to catch on. My sister and I, on the other hand, consumed our lunch with the highest level of class keeping our pinky fingers extended out, while eating.

I like fried egg sandwiches, too. Sometimes on a weekend, I'll have one for breakfast. :) (Almost forgot--I also put a slice of cheese on top and let it melt. :hungry: )

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Excellent for T and his buddies!! :happy:

My two brothers always made money during the winter. They each had their own "clients" that they would shovel out snow for. One time, I went with my eldest brother to one of his clients. (Bro was about 9 at the time and I was 6.) He asked me to shovel the front steps (there were only about 5 of them).

He finished up the driveway, the front sidewalk, and walkway up to the house, and I was still shoveling the front steps. I wanted to make them perfect, and perfection takes time. :p

So, the owner of the house noticed how carefully I was doing the front steps for her, and she gave me a big tip, on top of the fee my brother charged. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom