The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Sympathy like. Why aren’t they offered gym space?
With wrestling, boys and girls basketball, cheer, gymnastics, it is hard to find time. Of course, I wish admin had thought of this a few years back, when they decided to surprise everyone by turning the really nice dance room into a weight room specifically for the football team. They weren't really using it, so now it is a "wellness room". Which seems to mean it stores very heavy weightlifting stuff that doesn't get used.

To be fair, they did build out a new dance room. In an old janitors closet. During spirit season, there was no way to fit 25 people in there. And now Orchesis (truly a dance club) is using it to get ready for their show.

Songbird76

With wrestling, boys and girls basketball, cheer, gymnastics, it is hard to find time. Of course, I wish admin had thought of this a few years back, when they decided to surprise everyone by turning the really nice dance room into a weight room specifically for the football team. They weren't really using it, so now it is a "wellness room". Which seems to mean it stores very heavy weightlifting stuff that doesn't get used.

To be fair, they did build out a new dance room. In an old janitors closet. During spirit season, there was no way to fit 25 people in there. And now Orchesis (truly a dance club) is using it to get ready for their show.
Let me guess, the excuse for turning it into a weight room was that it would benefit more kids? That's what we were always told about things like...we were supposed to get a new all-weather track to replace the asphalt one. So they ripped out the asphalt track, leveled the ground, but when it came time to put in the track, one of the jr. high schools in the neighboring town whined that their all-weather track was getting a bit worn down and they wanted a new one. The district redirected the budget for our track to them, because they had more students and it would benefit a larger number of people. So our school got shale to cover the track....TERRIBLE if someone fell.
Same thing with the auditorium. We didn't have one, but then the school in the bigger town complained that they actually needed a second one because their student body was so large...so the money went to build a 2nd auditorium for their school, and my old school never did get one. And we had to use the elementary school gymnasium for practices for girls' sports because the boys were using the one at the high school. We practiced cheerleading in the hallways. It was always the same excuse: "You don't need that....there aren't enough students to make it worth the investment here. Putting it in Gillette means a lot more kids have access to it, so it's a better use of the money."

MouseDreaming

Let me guess, the excuse for turning it into a weight room was that it would benefit more kids? That's what we were always told about things like...we were supposed to get a new all-weather track to replace the asphalt one. So they ripped out the asphalt track, leveled the ground, but when it came time to put in the track, one of the jr. high schools in the neighboring town whined that their all-weather track was getting a bit worn down and they wanted a new one. The district redirected the budget for our track to them, because they had more students and it would benefit a larger number of people. So our school got shale to cover the track....TERRIBLE if someone fell.
Same thing with the auditorium. We didn't have one, but then the school in the bigger town complained that they actually needed a second one because their student body was so large...so the money went to build a 2nd auditorium for their school, and my old school never did get one. And we had to use the elementary school gymnasium for practices for girls' sports because the boys were using the one at the high school. We practiced cheerleading in the hallways. It was always the same excuse: "You don't need that....there aren't enough students to make it worth the investment here. Putting it in Gillette means a lot more kids have access to it, so it's a better use of the money."
There was never an excuse offered, to my knowledge. Just isn't it great the football team has their own dedicated weight room? Now they don't have to share with the other sports. Some of the senior girls asked the senior boy football players (this change happened between their freshman and sophomore year) if they even used it. Their answer. No, not really. Wait, I think we watched film in there once.

Figgy1

There are dance teams, but they are very expensive. Also, they don't look as good on a college ap.
I've got an answer for all that but may need help with bail:angelic:

Figgy1

Nope. He is out working locally but he comes home at night to sleep. If there is a storm, he is always out in it. Outside crews are in from around the country helping them. I am just hoping that they don’t send him out of town when they get through here.
Prayers that he doesn't have to do any more traveling. He's been away enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

There was never an excuse offered, to my knowledge. Just isn't it great the football team has their own dedicated weight room? Now they don't have to share with the other sports. Some of the senior girls asked the senior boy football players (this change happened between their freshman and sophomore year) if they even used it. Their answer. No, not really. Wait, I think we watched film in there once.
Again I hate handegg!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom