The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Sympathy like for the cold and living with a male of the teenage variety:hungover::hungover::hungover: GWS xoxo
Thanks. He was down for the count several days this weekend. Now he's refusing to take cough medicine, even though he's coughing all over the place. And that's how I got it.:hungover:

Came back to work to a giant mess today...just a ton of work, and it didn't help that my coworker had to take her son to the doctor yesterday afternoon, so none of the day-to-day stuff got done. I ended up working nine hours.

StarWarsGirl

Power is back on. The wind took down a branch which in turn took down a wire. It wasn't out too long because a crew was right down the road fixing another downed wire. The house was nice and toasty because the bean loaf was just finishing up. I was going to finish a shirt but that will now have to wait for tomorrow:(
Sympathy like. The wind was shaking the windows at work today.

On the bright side, my Civic is very aerodynamic. Could not tell it was windy driving that thing.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hope the power comes on soon. Do I need to send DH to help?😉

He would have been welcomed with open arms. Hopefully everyone is back online tonight.
Our lights only flickered, never lost power but the whole area around us was dark for 2 days, trees down on wires. Tree branches keep falling cause they are still encased in ice adding new outages. Our area was 'cause of an exploding transformer hit by a tree.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The traditional school day hours are 7am - 1:30pm. My daughter often stays after school and takes the 2:30pm "Late Bus".
She texts me when she gets home. I usually receive her text around 3:15pm.
(My elementary school's hours are 9am - 3:30pm......I must sign in by 8:50am and can leave at 3:40pm)

Wow! Those hours are quite a bit less than ours both at the elementary and high school level.

Goofyernmost

Thanks. He was down for the count several days this weekend. Now he's refusing to take cough medicine, even though he's coughing all over the place. And that's how I got it.:hungover:

Came back to work to a giant mess today...just a ton of work, and it didn't help that my coworker had to take her son to the doctor yesterday afternoon, so none of the day-to-day stuff got done. I ended up working nine hours.
Back when I was in the printing and publishing business, I had to work a straight 26 hours to meet an important deadline. By the 20th hour numbness set in and I could have gone another 24 or more. It can be done and one will survive. I have to admit though that the next two days were somewhat wasted. When I wasn't asleep, I was very much zombie like.
Which sadly didn't alter my personality. No one else noticed any difference.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member

He would have been welcomed with open arms. Hopefully everyone is back online tonight.
Our lights only flickered, never lost power but the whole area around us was dark for 2 days, trees down on wires. Tree branches keep falling cause they are still encased in ice adding new outages. Our area was 'cause of an exploding transformer hit by a tree.
Hoping for the same for you!

It just stopped snowing. Didn't even know we were getting snow.
Sympathy likes sending more ammo;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom