The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

And the question is; what’s round on the ends and high in the middle?

Ha!

I’ve been so ecstatic all day. Buttt.. I have not spoken to my sister, I thought I’d be a nice person and give her time to deal with her grief... Then tomorrow, I’ll send her a photo of me and T in our OSU gear. 😂

I am so thrilled that they won!!

This was our first time in the past 3 years where we were in Ohio for the game. (Technically I was in Kentucky).. last year we were on our cruise.. streamed it on the ship..
D56C7189-BF91-45EA-8FA3-B87A4921E477.jpeg

Two years ago we watched it in a cabana at the Grand Floridian. No park time when OSU is playing. :).
One of my favorite Disney days ever. ❤️
77550C55-F334-4C3D-B0BB-2F63862DA018.jpeg1E7F9564-E946-4B59-AE4C-74374DDF6F33.jpeg

I’ve worn this same shirt on this day for 4 or 5 years now.. I haven’t wanted to jinx it.lol

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think Apple doesn't understand their market as well as they should. The smartphone market has been less innovative in the past few years than it was. Before, the new iPhones would be progressively better and better and better. Now, the phones have been upgraded as far as speed and memory, and the resolution might be better, but the features offered on the newer devices are basically the same as previous generations, minus decisions like removing the headphone jack, which were more irksome to consumers than anything.

So Apple decides to come out with the X, a vastly different iPhone. It is supposedly the most powerful iPhone ever, but it comes with a hefty price tag. So hefty that anyone besides the loyal Apple fanboys don't see anything except the hefty pricetag. Not to mention that the hefty pricetag hasn't righted any of the previous complaints about iPhones (ie. short battery life, screens breaking very easily). Consumers then get very hesitant to shell out the money for something that history tells them will break within two years. They don't see the value in it.

Meanwhile, you have brands like Samsung and LG that have excellent battery life and that are water resistant. I've dropped my LG in the bathtub several times and it still works exactly the same as before.

In my opinion, I think that Apple should focus on improving their battery life and durability first and stop trying to nickle and dime their consumers by forcing them to buy add ons (like a headphone adapter because they got rid of the jack!) and then focus on being actually innovative.

loyal Apple fanboys would describe my family from notebooks to iPhones and iPads. I am now the proud owner of a new iPad, the last one lasted 5 years, I had my iPhone for 4.5 years. Now have an iPhone Xsomething I absolutely love it, the photo's are clear and when they are not it is more me than the phone. I love the new features. Yep I miss the phone jack but it works well through the adapter which is not a problem it came with the iphone and it just stays on the cord of my headset a non-issue for us, closing the port has made the phone substantially more waterproof though I have never dumped my phone into the bathtub.

I think most have loyalties to brands that they have had good luck with and find easy to use. Usually I find people who hate Apple phones have never owned one and the same for those who hate android phones. Really both are very good. Some have their momentary issues, I remember Samsung phones for a bit setting on fire, exploding and melting. The firephone was a disaster and was to be the one that took down iPhones. And then there was an update to some of the iPhone x that froze the phones making them not usable and the update was immediately pulled.

All manufacturers have their issues and problems and the good ones all have their attributes. Me I love my iPhone and doubtful if I am going to abandon it in the near future. My Mom has a basic flip phone that I can't pry out of her hand. It works for her needs when she turns the stupid thing on.

Last edited:

Gabe1

:brb::brb::brb::brb: and :brb:. It's going to warm a bit tomorrow but not before we get some ice:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: and :brb:

Tomorrow they are saying 8-12 inches of that heavy white stuff. :cautious:

giphy.gif

Gabe1

I wished the Surface Book 15 was cheaper, but man, so expensive!

It is nice! My son has a Surface Book 2-15, they replaced his work laptop with that for when he is travelling, to take home or out in the field. In his office he has a desktop which he still prefers for daily work. There was a learning curve for him with the Surface especially with some of the programs they utilize but it has grown on him. Home life he has an iPad which is nice when he travels as needing to take the Surface and iPad for personal use both of them together take very little room in his carry-on.

Gabe1

I did the same thing sort of I cooked all my sides today in glass that I lid up and put away I'm serving the mashed potatoes and gravy in the same type of dishes:joyfull:

I improvise with what I have on hand. I wasn't going to the storage locker to find my glass cookware with lids. While there are a few here I don't generally cook in mass like this so concessions happen.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I got my monies worth out of both my iPhone and iPad, now both have been replaced this year but when you get 4.5-5 years out of any electronic like I did I can't complain.

I know you'll all hate me for saying this, but 4.5 years out of an expensive item is not enough. Granted, technology has evolved and gotten more expensive over the years, but phones that my parents had in their house lasted 20-40 years. I get bummed out when I think of the increased waste in the landfills with all this electronic stuff dumped after only a few years. :facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today was set up the tree day. Anyone else do the same....or....you've all beat me to it?

I didn't put up my decorations and tree up yet.

Neither did we. Usually, about the 2nd weekend in December is when we put up the tree. Also, since it's a "live" tree, I hold off a bit buying it, so that it will last longer inside before it starts drying out.

Hooray! At least I beat one person

Two, members, actually . . . ;)

Your tree is very pretty, by the way. Is it artificial or "live"?

MySmallWorldof4

Ha!

I’ve been so ecstatic all day. Buttt.. I have not spoken to my sister, I thought I’d be a nice person and give her time to deal with her grief... Then tomorrow, I’ll send her a photo of me and T in our OSU gear. 😂

I am so thrilled that they won!!

This was our first time in the past 3 years where we were in Ohio for the game. (Technically I was in Kentucky).. last year we were on our cruise.. streamed it on the ship..
View attachment 328047

Two years ago we watched it in a cabana at the Grand Floridian. No park time when OSU is playing. :).
One of my favorite Disney days ever. ❤️
View attachment 328048View attachment 328049

I’ve worn this same shirt on this day for 4 or 5 years now.. I haven’t wanted to jinx it.lol
I remember you watching the game from the GF 2 years ago. My goodness, how time flies!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom