The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You know what I'm watching now on Netflix? Twin Peaks which is a unique American tv drama. Check it out and it might change your mind. If it doesn't, there is always Michael Scott.

Are you watching the remake (I heard a new one was being made), or are you watching the original Twin Peaks series from years ago? The original series was so twisted and cool. Oh, I heard that Kyle McClanahan might also have a part in the remake of Twin Peaks, but I don't know what the extent is of the role or if it's a cameo only, for example. I don't keep up with tv too often, but I did hear something about this fairly recently.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nom nom nom nom

B-ImmW9IIAEYlF7.jpg:large

All you need with it is a big hunk of garlic bread! :hungry: :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had my first COPD symptom about two years ago. I started coughing and had an awful time just getting air in. I managed to get it calmed down enough to drive to the hospital emergency room. My ox was 79% at the time. They hit me with the neb and it was wonderful. Within moments I was breathing freely and back up to my normal 96/97%. I wish I had one of those machines home. Right now I control it all by using my inhaler in the morning and at night, just for maintenance. It has worked fine since then.

If that (heaven forbid) ever happens again, don't hesitate to dial 911. Sometimes the medics can help you right on the spot.

Eric1955

I'm with you. I've renovated 7 houses from 50 tract house to 1895 Queen Anne to even a double wide mfg house. When I did, I tried to stay true to period. In the Queen Anne, I tore out "modern" bath tub and replaced with a claw foot from a salvage yard. I'm in my 8th house now that was built in 1979. I've modernized it, but it was completely featureless when I moved in so I feel like I can do just about anything to it.

I want my house to look like it's right out of the 1970's. I'm always on the lookout for vintage stuff from the 70's. Here's my latest purchase. I'll have to rewire it but I just had to have it.
IMG_0751.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hope you feel better. In terms of the neb you probably didn't need it. The medicine in it works at the smooth muscle in the bronchioles and pneumonia is in alveoli. Long story short nebs works for asthmatics but doctors like to prescribe them for everyone who coughs. I don't mind it keeps me employed. The one thing that will help you in addition to the antibiotics and fluids is a pep flutter valve. The popular one used nowadays is called an acapella. You blow into it and it creates a vibration into the brunchus allowing your cough to be more productive. Use this in conjunction with muvinex and you should bring up lots of secretions. That is why you couldn't stop coughing because your body (particularly the mucocilliary escalator) wanted to get rid of the secretions but couldn't.

spx211530_acapella_flutter_valve.jpg

This is an acapella flutter valve you can get it online if your doctor office doesn't have it. They probably don't carry it. You don't need nebs.

Wow that's cool-looking. Looks like a torpedo submarine!! I think @donaldtoo would like this new toy! :p

TomP

I wanted to just be goofy, but, every time I tried, the foolishness would just draw me back in. It depends on what the thread is about. On some I'm Goofy:confused: and on others I definitely come across pretty grouchy.:grumpy: Fortunately for me in my dictionary... 'Grouchy' and 'Right' are the exact same definitions. :cautious:
Well...you are right grouchy. Seriously, I would much rather be around people that speak their mind.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yea, I kinda heard about that quite strongly from my Daughters. They were some upset.:mad: It didn't even cross my mind. I felt good enough to drive there and after the initial problem, I didn't look at is as a concern. But, yes indeed, I was properly put in my place. My argument was... "I made it there and back... I don't see the problem!:angelic: My opinion is that even on low oxygen, I am superior to most. :joyfull:

I'm glad your daughters read you the riot act. You remind me of one of my brothers. I remember (years ago) that he injured his leg rather seriously, but the space monkey drove himself home--across multiple states!! His response was about the same as yours . . . :hilarious:

FutureCEO

Is it orange marmalade? I can't stand marmalade! :hungover:

I'm more curious about your comment that you've never eaten a whole orange before? I like oranges, but they are messy. Do you have a juicer? I love freshly squeezed orange juice.

Lastly, a combo made in heaven is chocolate and orange. I really like orange gel-like candy, covered in dark chocolate--Trader Joe's sells that. :hungry:

Trappist Preserves...amazing jelly but yes, orange marmalade wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I might have eaten a whole orange when I was younger but I don't remember it. No juicer though it would be nice to make apple and orange juice. The only juice I buy is orange juice and cran mango.

Welcome to the working club. But if you think it's bad now, just wait until this weekend, when the stupid daylight savings changeover happens--it's like getting up an extra hour EARLIER than this week.

When I worked at Scrubway (Subway) I went in at 9, sometimes 7 or I worked nights.

So you finally got your job assignment? If you posted that, I missed the post. This thread is hard to keep up with; moves FAST.

Yes. The lady finally emailed me. I'm done freaking out now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom