The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Ahhh....same age as I am and our friend @donaldtoo You should have him pull up the cheater glasses he had to purchase at WDW one visit. They are very Disney and quite cute. :joyfull:

Hey there oldster :cautious: ;), I'm only 55...! :p

And, I have no clue about what Disney cheater glasses you're talking about...?
I even went back and skimmed all my pics. Nada.
Either you or I are remembering wrong...since you're older, I'm goin' with you... :cautious:

RUNNNNNINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
image.jpeg

The only thing I can think of is, when on our first week-long fam trip, with all 3 kiddos in '01 when we took 3 pairs of prescription glasses (two clear, one pair of shades)
for DS, and he ended up loosing the second clear pair the morning of our last day all we had left for him to wear were the shades. Everywhere we went inside that day, everyone thought he was blind. Although shaded, he could see pretty well through them. It's just all we had left.
Even the flight attendants on our flight home treated him differently...we assured them he was definitely sited, but, we'd just been to WDW, and this is all we had left for him to wear...good memories...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

My first lesson was from an aunt who said grab any cookbook and plan a meal. we went shopping and she talked me through making dinner. I was too young to know steak with a wine reduction and dutchess poatatoes shouldn't have been the first cooking attempt:facepalm: It must have turned out well because I got to cook the next holiday dinner all by myself.
I love duchess potatoes. Actually I'll eat any potato. 🐷 :joyfull:

MOXOMUMD

Fort Bragg, where it was uncomfortable wearing full battle rattle and sometimes it got hot enough to light the grass on fire when we were out at the range. Still, Ohio is worse. Also, there's no freaking trees here for shade. It's all flat and exposed. I'd take NC summer over Ohio summer any day of the week!
My part of Ohio is all trees and country and definitely not flat. To get to my house you go up the drive at an almost 45 degree angle hill , then sharp turn and another almost 45 degree again until it flattens out. A lot if people can't make it up in the winter.

SteveBrickNJ

My part of Ohio is all trees and country and definitely not flat. To get to my house you go up the drive at an almost 45 degree angle hill , then sharp turn and another almost 45 degree again until it flattens out. A lot if people can't make it up in the winter.
@MOXOMUMD ....my one and only sibling (my brother) lives in Mount Gilead Ohio? Very rural. About an hour from Columbus. ever hear of it? It's about a half hour to the east of Marion OH.
There used to be an emoji that had an expression that looked confused....wondering "huh?" Now we have this o_O ....which is over the top and not exactly the expression I want for "huh? .............I still miss the old emojis :confused:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Fort Bragg, where it was uncomfortable wearing full battle rattle and sometimes it got hot enough to light the grass on fire when we were out at the range. Still, Ohio is worse. Also, there's no freaking trees here for shade. It's all flat and exposed. I'd take NC summer over Ohio summer any day of the week!

Your description of Ohio is my Description of WDW in the month of September since Disney decided to turn so many of their big shade trees into mulch. :happy:

MOXOMUMD

Yeah, the rule about Labor Day to June 15 as the official school year has meant that nobody in Maryland has Spring Break any more. We get Good Friday and Easter Monday, but those are the only two days off between MLK and Memorial Day - makes for a pretty long haul. I would be a big fan of a collegiate-type schedule and have always been a huge proponent of year round schooling - 11 weeks on, 2 weeks off all year. Far better in terms of brain development and actual learning as well as preparation for the 'real world.'
Our Spring Break started today and we go back April 3.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hey there oldster :cautious:;), I'm only 55...! :p

And, I have no clue about what Disney cheater glasses you're talking about...?
I even went back and skimmed all my pics. Nada.
Either you or I are remembering wrong...since you're older, I'm goin' with you... :cautious:

RUNNNNNINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 272024

The only thing I can think of is, when on our first week-long fam trip, with all 3 kiddos in '01 when we took 3 pairs of prescription glasses (two clear, one pair of shades)
for DS, and he ended up loosing the second clear pair the morning of our last day all we had left for him to wear were the shades. Everywhere we went inside that day, everyone thought he was blind. Although shaded, he could see pretty well through them. It's just all we had left.
Even the flight attendants on our flight home treated him differently...we assured them he was definitely sited, but, we'd just been to WDW, and this is all we had left for him to wear...good memories...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

Yep, you have a few more months before you turn 56 this year!!! I'm coming up on my Birthday. You win.

They were Disney'd cheater glasses, they were very cute. I'll have to see if I can search for it tonight, can't remember if it was here or on the other sight.

I remember when you DS broke his though.

donaldtoo

Blah. Fried Shrimp?

$9 is more than I am willing to pay for a wedge of a head of lettuce. I like this place because of its tranquility and the reason I don't care for Cosmic Rays. When I go to dine I don't care for hype, loud and bustling. I can go upstairs in Harbor and sit by a window, it is quiet and very cool temps. Never loud. It is a nice regroup place mid-day. I'm not going to enjoy $10 frozen chicken nuggets. I'll trade that for BoG and their Braised Beef. Just have to remember to pre order and skip the check through kiosk line cause that is ridiculous.

Yep, the memories...!!!!! :inlove:

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Yep, you have a few more months before you turn 56 this year!!! I'm coming up on my Birthday. You win.

They were Disney'd cheater glasses, they were very cute. I'll have to see if I can search for it tonight, can't remember if it was here or on the other sight.

I remember when you DS broke his though.

Hahaaa...!!!
Ultimately, I'm still clueless on that one, but, honestly, I hope ya' can find a pic!!!
It would be a great lost memory for me remembered....!!!!!:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom