The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I feel guilty about clogging up this thread with so much Irish stuff. Gonna start an independent thread. They'll be some repeats for people who don't look at this thread....but I'm gonna start the new thread with a Sinead.....but not the famous one.....you'll see :cool:;)

Oh hunny, everyone looks at this thread. :joyfull: We are loved, admired, hated and mocked. But we have that lurker following.

Gabe1

I will take a pass on that Citrus Swirl. (Insert green grinning face.)

All grossness aside, I love the citrus swirl original. A flashback in time for AARP me. I fly into MCO and I magical express almost always. I'm an annual pass holder so parking isn't generally an issue for my love of Disney. I use Disney Transportation or Uber when warranted. While many will slap me upside the head for it but I love the original Citrus Swirl and all things Orange Bird over the Dole. Pineapple I can only do in limited amounts. Orange Bird was around when the park opened and it is warm and fuzzy for AARP me.

Disney does aggravate the heck out of me at times but I have never lost the magic. Never wanted to abandon that no matter how frustrating some Disney decisions have been. I'm looking at hope for the future and see some $$$ being added back into 4 parks, finally. I can sway on staying offsite or on or the likes of the Swan and Dolphin again give opportunities...but I can't hate on Disney Parks. Still feel the Magic. It for us is a family bond that strong. Some loose that for various reasons but for us we embrace the Orange Bird and her Swirl.

And where the heck is our Orange Bird @betty rose

Can't wait to go again.

Gabe1

I'm gonna keep sendin snow your ways until y'all stop mocking me :p

b956e52f07b9611fae04c4f4826116c2.jpg

Gabe1

I’m trying to skim and catch up.. Impossible.

I tried to go back and quote someone who was talking about Celtic names.. now can’t remember who it was.
Anyway, my son’s name is Tristan.. named because Tristan and Isolde is one of my favorite operas. Kiddo is of English and Spanish descent...but his paternal grandfather and father did live in Ireland for a time... that didn’t have anything to do with his name though.lol

Faust is my favorite opera.. but decided the names may not be the best to choose ;)

Tristan is a strong name from the American Revolution.

Also a strong character of the Gilmore Girl Era. (lighter favor) Genuinely a prominent family name for generations. Nice choice.

I can't pretend to keep up here. Don't try. When I did I was ketchup'n on topics that had long ago passed. So I swish through and try to keep up as best I can what is currently happening on here.

Gabe1

Yup and yup. First of all, here's a new story from today--pedestrian killed in Arizona from self-driving car. Woman was crossing the street, outside of the crosswalk. I work in a large city and I see stupid stuff all the time--people constantly jaywalking, or just staring down at their phones, oblivious to the fact that they just stepped out into a street full of moving traffic! :banghead: Just maybe someone in a regular car might have seen that woman, and slammed on the brakes in time. Too late now.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-arizona-woman-crossing-street-idUSKBN1GV296

As for the "fun" of driving a vehicle (car, bus, motorcycle), it's not for me; but most men I know love to drive. Hubs hates the thought of anyone but him driving, and he basically doesn't trust (many) other drivers, let alone a machine driver.

And I also have a personal issue with GPS being the only way to find places anymore, when in your car. Hubs likes GPS, but I like paper maps. It's like a little treasure hunt to me to find routes to places. Also, sometimes GPS may not work in certain mountainous areas, like what happened to us a year ago, out in the Berkshires in western MA. Well it was a darn good thing I brought along my dinosaur paper map to refer to, once we got out of GPS range! :p:hilarious:

While you are not a 'driver' by choice I am by default. I don't like it but I do s u c k it up and do what I have to do over the last 15 years though I'd rather fly and do when I can.

I have come to love GPS it has come a long way over less than a decade. I like the warnings of coming up turns. Long ago it left me hanging in places I should not have but now it is rarely wrong more than a 100 feet which is more than I can do with a map.

Still that said I like to pull up a map that I can see. I also have an atlas in the car. I like before I set out to have a picture in my head where I am going. I let GPS guide me however the map does let me have a clear vision in my head where I am heading.

Gabe1

Yes, a PLAN B!! That's my issue with people who only rely on electronic means. Both methods can be utilized in harmony.

Ha! And don't forget a little pocket light, too, for evening drives! :cool:

More smiles. Map, pocket light, map, magnifier and driving...you guys are cracking me up this evening. I'm envisioning us the Golden Girls lost.:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom