The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not even an excuse... It is a reason or opportunity to rob people for no other reason then because they can. The majority of hotels that charge parking fees are in urban areas where space is limited and extra structures have to be built, sometimes deep underground to accommodate. Disney does not have that excuse. What they have done is decided to take every nickel of the cost of doing business and pass it along to those of us foolish enough to pay it. I'm surprised they haven't thought of installing vending machines for toilet paper. What it means is we cannot go there until they stop treating us like their personal piggy bank. I'll guarantee you that they would drop that stupid idea really fast so you wouldn't have to stay away very long. But, that won't happen. When Disney says jump all the public does is ask how high. Since they decided to not be different then anyone else, I guess that special Disney has finally died off with Walt. I was someone that loved WDW since my first visit in 1983. That feeling is gone even though I don't stay on property it speaks loud and clear about how they view us as suckers. The place has lost all it's appeal for me. I may have made my last trip there and I have to tell you, that truly saddens me.

This will be a real issue for some. (In one of the threads about this, a member posted what the weekly add-on would be for his family to stay onsite--yikes, the parking fees add up fast!)

Like everything else, it boils down to degrees of toleration--what the public will bear. For me, I stay onsite, but at the Swan, & they've always had parking fees--but, I don't rent a car, so no issue for me.

However, I did hit "the wall" last year with the bus service to the water parks. It's always been lengthy to get there; but last year, they made you take two buses (a connection). I have now eliminated water parks. Didn't want to make a career out of just getting to/from the water parks. I'll cut the water parks from my park hopper price--that was the tipping point for me. Swolfin has some great pools and food outlets--I'll hang out there next time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Holy cow. Has anyone else ever looked up a previous property after you’ve moved?

The gorgeous bathroom I was just talking about, this is what it apparently looks like now.. via Zillow. Changed twice with the 2 previous owners. Yuck!!! That’s really sad to see. I can’t even comprehend why they would do such a thing. Maybe hated the echo as much as I did?.. but this?! Horrid. Wish I wouldn’t have looked. Absolutely hideous.
View attachment 270624View attachment 270625

LOL . . . it's the SIZE of that room that gets me--much larger than our bedroom! :hilarious: (I mean, how big of a bathroom do people need?! They must be really filthy. :p )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi! And thanks. Always appreciated. Like I said last week I had an exciting and busy week. But thanks for the heads up, I will take the opportunity to skip all that. It just sounds icky. So this is what I did instead of all that....

I mentioned we were gifted a great educational tea at the University of Chicago this week that honored women in history and their accomplishments over the last few centuries and present. It was an engaging tea, very well presented and an awesome experience. A great moment in Woman in History Month. I highly recommend to parents that have daughters or sons they want to raise to acknowledge woman, their importance to society or their individual accomplishments to the world.

Long planned out we were leaving our little hamlet for a few days and hitting the Lovely Flower and Garden show this week along with the various museum campuses. Lovely hotel and good food. The Fairy Tale exhibits complemented my love of Disney, my DD lifelong love of Lego's was fulfilled by the exhibit. We were able to feed the sharks at an aquarium that a long time Disney friend works at from a defunct Disney website. It was awesome and scary at the same time. While the sharks were use to it, the group obviously was not. :eek: We went onto the China exhibit of the Art Institute that brought us to a side of China that was absent in my little world of my little Hamlet. So overall it has been a very fund and enlightening week for me an my daughter. :geek:

I also brought my new camera to the Flower and Garden. I'm getting use to it and I felt inept at times as I'd push a tiny portion of the camera and things went Kabluey. I will post some of the photos as soon as I now learn how to upload from a wireless camera. :facepalm: We go annually to the Flower and Garden in Chicago as we need to see green and flowers by March Winter months. This year after several years of well OK reviews this year was awesome and an uptick. What we were not prepared for and we missed was that Chicago's Navy Pier is under Major rehab and 95% of the restaurants and stores along with attractions were shuttered.
Disappointment. Still you all know my love of gardens and flowers so it was still a happy day for me.

So happy you're going to Flower & Garden!! It's gorgeous down there at this time. :inlove: Enjoy!

Cesar R M

Please compare it to Hop. THNX
They are similar but HOP is more "cringe" as Alvin and the Chipmunks II (because of the dumb relations between the main character and E.B. Jr.

Also HOP is more musical and has a dumb final fight scene with drums.
Peter Rabbit doesn't have a musical aspect nor has that kind of dumb "final fight". Infact, the battles in Peter Rabbit are sometimes very funny.

Animation Wise and interaction wise. I think both do good but HOP is better in that department.

For being sony's 4th "live action" with CGI characters (After the horrible smurfs franchise).. the progress wasnt that good. HOP was Illumination's first and they did pretty well.

Enviroment wise.. HOP is better. More variation.

Dialog wise, Peter Rabbit is a trainwreck.
While HOP's interactions between the loser guy and E.B. is absolutely terrible (worse than David Cross's interactions with the chipmunks trio).. The rest is very decent.

Peter Rabbit is.. I don't know.. they like.. tried to make the whole dialog as easy to digest to very young kids.. and feels so forced and unatural. At least in the Spanish dub. Very weird considering the amount of cartoony violence, indirect stuff like the fox being a nudist party goer and death references to some characters)

I give:
  • HOP 3 and half stars.. ------------- 3 1/2
  • Peter Rabbit is 2 and half. --------------- 2 1/2
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks 1 is 3 stars, Alvin and the Chipmunks II is 1 star and half, Alvin and the Chipmunks III is 3 stars, Alvin and the Chipmunks IV is 3 stars and half. ----------------- 3, 1 1/2, 3, 3 1/2.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

You'd rather have some nice, big ol' snowstorms like what we have up here! :inlove:

View attachment 270661
FyDrU44.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I hope the both of you enjoy your last day of vacation--go to your favorite attractions. Then I wish you a safe flight home. You'll have Kapono happily waiting to see you! :happy:

Thanks to you and @figmentfan423 .i'm sad to go home but I will be happy to see my little Kapono. Studios this morning.
And hopefully some Dapper Dans this afternoon.
IMG_1953.JPGIMG_1958.JPG

SteveBrickNJ

This weekend NJ will have 2 consecutive days with sunshine!
...................and...................
The first day of Spring is Tuesday!
Not that the forecast calls for anything warm that day :rolleyes:or the next:rolleyes:.....but....just sayin....it's on the way:happy:
Currently, when I check the weatherchannel.com forecast for the first day of spring in my town it says:
50% chance of precipitation
3-5" of snow
LOL :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Happy Spring!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom