The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There was a guest speaker at my work who was an expert on automation, and he said the current prediction is the all malls will be obsolete within five years. I think that's probably a bit aggressive, but you can definitely see them actively dying off. As someone who almost exclusively shops online, I'm part of the problem. The only time we go to the mall is for Build a Bear or other "experience" shops

We have WoodField and it is expanding and branching out. The average sized malls are getting pretty icky around here. Around Northern IL they just built way too many of them.

Gabe1

Hahaaa...!
They're definitely not against adopting, but, right now they just want to buy a home and try to have their own children first...! :)

I have 2 friends that could not have children and adopted.

Both were pregnant within a month of receiving their newborn infants. :facepalm:

And they can buy my house, we have a mega Facebook Office in Chicago, we are walking distance to the train. ;)

donaldtoo

I have 2 friends that could not have children and adopted.

Both were pregnant within a month of receiving their newborn infants. :facepalm:

And they can buy my house, we have a mega Facebook Office in Chicago, we are walking distance to the train. ;)

Oh my...SURPRISE...!!!!! :joyfull: :oops: ;)

Sorry, but, I'm pretty sure they would never move to the Great White North-ish...! ;)

donaldtoo

Amen Sister Friend! I'll buy ya some big, dark sunglasses so your Hubby doesn't catch on.

giphy.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'd try to down one myself, but, that puppy looks more like a "barfarita"...!!!!! :eek: :hilarious: ;) :)

Cesar R M

Are you Native American? My dad's mother was 100% blackfoot. My hubby's grandfather was 100% Cherokee. We know both good times, and not so good times. I liked living on the farm better than any city. You could climb trees, swing on grape vines over a ravine, go fishing for dinner. I liked fishing , but not fish. Or squirrel, or rabbit. It's what we had, so I ate lots of vegetables. I couldn't hurt my animal friends.
Unfortunately, not much of a choice right now.
I'm still looking at options.

Gabe1

You’re not the only one. I am guilty as well. Funny thing about the automation. Dh told one of his hoity toity know it all college friends a few years back that people would get replaced by machines. It would be cheaper long term to have machines do human work. His friend scoffed. Dh wasn’t far off in reality. You have Ziosks in restaurants now. Soon servers will just bring food and eventually robots may.

These are a pet peeve of mine. Dump on a full service restaurant table, order yourself, pay yourself bus boy delivers food....how is this still a tip situation?

o.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

I agree, our food, water air is so much worse and then the chemicals. When they say organic, they don't spray the crops, but do spray the ground they are grown on, the plants get their nutrients from the soil and it's already polluted for next 100 years. I worked for Kroger, and was told what was going on. People need to see how the farmer's grow their crops. I'm sure some a honest about practices and some are not.

I love how Gerber baby food has hand picked their farms, tested and continue to verify. Long long before Organic was vogue.

Gabe1

That's part of the reason we went organic, hasn't helped:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

And on the flipside my niece, my Sis' DD was raised on all organic milk, eggs and meat. She is the shortest since my Grandma. Lets face it genetics and nutrition both play a role in our height. My niece also wound up with stub thumbs that skipped two generations from the same Grandma.

Gabe1

Don't discount household disinfectants! A couple recent studies have shown a strong correlation between households that clean a lot with cleaners and kids who have food allergies and sensitivities.

My Mom was and still is the Disinfectant queen. Both my kids and I have contact reactions to chemicals including laundry detergents and cleaning supplies. We stick with products that don't irrate our skin. We are also ones that use silicone gloves when cleaning with many chemicals.

I have competition swimmers or did but both are sensitive to chlorine not only topically but respiratory. For the life of me I do not understand what our Family Doc said years ago, they need to go to salt water pools like the Polynesian Resort did with one of their pools. I hope that trend carries over into future resorts and new pools at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom