The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My thermostat is set for 72 degrees F year round, winter and summer. In the winter the heat pump keeps it at a comfortable 72 and in the summer the AC keeps it at a comfortable 72. My Heating and AC bill is the same no matter what season it is. Only once in over 7 years have I had to bypass the heat pump and use the internal heaters and that was one day when it was about 18 degrees and was also damp. I only used it for a few hours.

Yeah the only times I can recall making the house colder and I mean freak'n cold was when I was pregnant and in my last trimesters, one born in July and one in November so the season didn't play into it.

I have no explanation to the biology of it all I was just freak'n hot always. After babies were born everyone else in the house could put away the feather beds and could return to normal bedding that wasn't designed for Antarctica. :cold:

Gabe1

In some ways having natural born park commandos was great. We could open and close any theme park no stroller needed from the age of 2 on:joyfull: The downside no stroller for carting gear:( The upside we have been able to get away with one backpack since James was 2:joyfull:

The year we were finally diaper free all backpacks were gone forever. Everyone had a fan nie pack for their own junk. Done!

Gabe1

This morning from the Fairmont Southampton.
View attachment 238584

Hey @Mr Ferret 88 did Mrs Ferret get to relax in one of these?
6072_228_b.jpg

I want this!

Gabe1

Just curious . . . are your towels freezing? Do you keep them in a meat locker, and then take one out after you finish your shower? Just trying to figure out why people need a towel warmer. :hilarious:

It is lovely to pull a very warm towel out in the winter. Even better with as cold as the place is overnight to have your robe piping hot we you get out from under the quilts.

Gabe1

Today the hospital called me about my cataract surgery next Tuesday. I talked with a very nice woman. She took my health history, and asked me many questions. She also gave me all the information that I needed to be prepared totally for the surgery. Makes me feel really good about the procedure. I have to be at the hospital at 10:30 a.m., so that's not either too early, or too late in the day. Now as long as my husband doesn't get us lost. We have never been to that hospital before, so hopefully he's got the best directions for getting there on time. I always tease him when we drive to the suburbs. The hospital is in Arlington Heights, and we live in Chicago.

I lived in Arlington Hts., love that town. Hated that house but love the town. You'll be hard pressed to get lost trying to find that hospital as it connects to major streets. Highway or Main roads to get there?

Cesar R M

But what about air conditioning costs? Our heating bill is very low, because our little (and I mean little . . .LOL . . .) townhouse that we rent, is well insulated. Plus, I like the heat down to about 58-60 in the dead of winter, when it's the only time that I crank it up here. Hubs likes it much warmer, so he wears hoodies and sweat pants around the house! :hilarious: :hilarious: (Hey, opposites attract, you know?!) :D
solar panels helps a lot to reduce the bill during summer.

Gabe1

But what about air conditioning costs? Our heating bill is very low, because our little (and I mean little . . .LOL . . .) townhouse that we rent, is well insulated. Plus, I like the heat down to about 58-60 in the dead of winter, when it's the only time that I crank it up here. Hubs likes it much warmer, so he wears hoodies and sweat pants around the house! :hilarious: :hilarious: (Hey, opposites attract, you know?!) :D

So while you are at work does the temps get pushed up during the winter? 70 is my happy temp. Not too hot, not too cold. :geek: That being said I just pushed the AC down as it passed 70, should be 65 momentarily in here. Oddly it is currently 53 and will go down to 48 and the AC is running cause it is hot in here. :rolleyes:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hubby and I don't feel royal right now. We are both getting our usual reactions to the flu shot. I know it's not supposed to work this way....but every year has me questioning if some people feel under the weather for a couple days. We have to get better quick. We leave for the airport at 3 A.M. our time. This coming Saturday.
The like is because I hear if you get a reaction your chances of getting sick are lessened. I'm hoping it isn't just an old wives tale. My older ds is home today so my dh, my ds and I are going to get ours today

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Today the hospital called me about my cataract surgery next Tuesday. I talked with a very nice woman. She took my health history, and asked me many questions. She also gave me all the information that I needed to be prepared totally for the surgery. Makes me feel really good about the procedure. I have to be at the hospital at 10:30 a.m., so that's not either too early, or too late in the day. Now as long as my husband doesn't get us lost. We have never been to that hospital before, so hopefully he's got the best directions for getting there on time. I always tease him when we drive to the suburbs. The hospital is in Arlington Heights, and we live in Chicago.

Good luck with your surgery. As for getting there, can you and your husband maybe do a "practice ride" there on a day prior to your surgery? Knowing exactly how to get there and how long it will take, might alleviate some of the angst on the day of your surgery. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow!
This is exactly what I remember if we ever got any ticks visiting my grandparents farms.

Interesting method used to remove ticks, and I've also read about that procedure before. Nowadays, the medical community says not to try to remove them that way. o_O

But hubs (who was raised out in the Colorado mountains) also told me that his parents used the match method. They had to be super careful with those critters out there, because some of them were carriers of Rocky Mountain spotted fever. So, he survived, you survived, and Bets survived, using the old tried and true match removal method. Baffling to me why the "medicals" would snub their nose at that. Although primitive by today's standards, it was efficient, quick, and cheap . . . so why not? :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So while you are at work does the temps get pushed up during the winter? 70 is my happy temp. Not too hot, not too cold. :geek: That being said I just pushed the AC down as it passed 70, should be 65 momentarily in here. Oddly it is currently 53 and will go down to 48 and the AC is running cause it is hot in here. :rolleyes:

Heh, heh . . . that all depends on the actual building you're working in. The complex where I work has many buildings--some are energy efficient, while others not so much. I lucked out that I'm in one of the older buildings, and its not as insulated as some of the newer ones. So I'm fine there in the winter, because the heat never gets too high. :) (Others are always complaining of the cold.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom