The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
That is awesome! This is a public school?
Quite happily yes. One summer at the pool a new to our area mom asked us who home schooled so her kids would have somebody to do field trips with. We all looked at her like she had 6 heads. I'm very lucky I live in one of those type of districts:joyfull: BTW those kids are now settled into school and the mom is much more relaxed even though she's now working from her home.

Cesar R M

This reminds me of a video I saw the other day, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link because it has some foul language in it. It was about Every teacher's favorite parent or something, and it was about back to school shopping and the woman was saying people complain about having to buy tissues for the classroom and how she will buy ANYTHING the teacher needs, because she is teaching her children. You need a microwave? I will get you a microwave. Why? Because you are teaching my children. You know what that means? It means that -I- don't have to teach my children. And she said something about sending the teachers vodka for putting up with her kids for 7 hours a day. And they aren't even allowed to hit them! It cracked me up.
I wonder if that person is actually friends or even family related to that teacher lol.

93boomer

Premium Member
Someone may have answered this, but yes it is a line put out by Rick Bayless. I have tried many of the Frontera products and I have loved them all. There is a taco mix that is wonderful and a green chile enchilada sauce that is awesome! I also like the garlicy rice mix and the salsas. Yum, yum!:hungry: I'm planning on making enchiladas this weekend with the sauce.
I love his salsas. One of our local chains carry Frontera. I was wondering if the enchilada sauce was good. May have to pick one up!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not right away, no, but if we weren't finished with our meal, once he calms down, we will bring him back in with the understanding that if there's another meltdown, we get out of there right away. If we're done,we'll just go ahead and leave. But I thought during the hurricane, they had kind of lowered the bar and made it not such a signature to accommodate the need for decent food by all guests. We aren't signature dining people, though...I would love to do Cali Grill sometime, but it's not somewhere I would take my son normally. But if there was a hurricane and options were limited and they had made some arrangements, I would consider it....it would just depend on the circumstances. If I'm on vacation, I'm not going to live on sandwiches and french fries if I have another option. Not knowing that family or their circumstances, I can't really judge. Maybe they were celebrating something special and that was the only time they could get in. Maybe the restaurant had been booked for all the earlier spots. Maybe they were all frazzled because of the hurricane. There are so many contributing factors. Maybe you are 100% right and they were just irresponsible parents who didn't care about anyone else's dining experience. There are such people, unfortunately.
I agree we see things differently. Me letting it happen twice in a few minutes was a lot to ask of others. My opinion though.

StarWarsGirl

I hate technology every day, with very few exceptions.
Well, normally, I don't but today...

I was working from home, and of course, this is the day when our home WiFi decides to not work. After 30 minutes of fighting with it, I decided to use my phone's hotspot. WiFi came back on at about 10:30 am.

Then, I tried to use my work laptop for Remote Access. I ended up having to call our service hub because I got locked out of my account.

Then, my Skype for Business, which essentially acts as my phone when I'm remote unless people have my cell number, stopped working. I got on my own computer...and it started without issue. And I contacted my guy who does all of the Office 365 stuff for me, and he said exactly what I expected him to say: he has to reinstall office on my work computer. So tomorrow, they get to reinstall Office on my computer, and I will work on one of my computers, which is not as convenient, even though they have Windows 10 and I like them much better for it. But because of the security issues and the way I have my work computer set up, it's more convenient to work on it.

Oh, and I've done work today on three different computers. I like one, maybe two. Not three.

Technology is great...when it works.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, normally, I don't but today...

I was working from home, and of course, this is the day when our home WiFi decides to not work. After 30 minutes of fighting with it, I decided to use my phone's hotspot. WiFi came back on at about 10:30 am.

Then, I tried to use my work laptop for Remote Access. I ended up having to call our service hub because I got locked out of my account.

Then, my Skype for Business, which essentially acts as my phone when I'm remote unless people have my cell number, stopped working. I got on my own computer...and it started without issue. And I contacted my guy who does all of the Office 365 stuff for me, and he said exactly what I expected him to say: he has to reinstall office on my work computer. So tomorrow, they get to reinstall Office on my computer, and I will work on one of my computers, which is not as convenient, even though they have Windows 10 and I like them much better for it. But because of the security issues and the way I have my work computer set up, it's more convenient to work on it.

Oh, and I've done work today on three different computers. I like one, maybe two. Not three.

Technology is great...when it works.
Maybe a network of these between your house and work may helpupload_2017-9-14_21-32-22.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

Maybe a network of these between your house and work may helpView attachment 229876
635992707959380360-1327033223_08-grumpy-cat.w1200.h630.jpg

donaldtoo

Pinning a little child to the floor to stop a tantrum is just awful and sad. Not a way to deal with a child. Luckily my kids were not tantrum throwers but when one did get out of sorts I found just strong loving hugs helped the most in our situations. I hugged them tightly until they calmed down. I feel for the parents but it seems in this case they caused the escalation in the behavior. A quiet time in the room would have been better. Just my opinion.

We took our kiddos out in public from, pretty much, day one. And we did it together the vast majority of the time. We wanted them to be exposed to public situations, and behave as expected, as early as possible.
Although, obviously, it wasn't always all unicorns and rainbows, I rarely remember tantrums in public, and only one full-blown meltdown (that I've posted about before), which was from youngest DD.
She was between 2-3 at the time. We were in Walmart and she wanted something that she wouldn't take no as an answer for. Just as soon as it got beyond anything we had ever seen from her before, I gathered her up kicking and screaming the whole way out the store heading to our car in the parking lot (that was why we usually shopped together, as it was my job to play "bouncer" in the pretty rare event that happened).
As soon as we got out the the door into a crowded parking lot, the little darling started screaming at the top of her lungs "MOMMY HELP! MOMMY! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!"
Of course, everyone within earshot stopped in their tracks and thought I was some sort of sicko kidnapper (little stinker doesn't even cover it). I assured everybody that she was my daughter, I was headed to that white minivan right there, and waiting for my wife and two other children to finish shopping. Luckily, that seemed to satisfy everyone.
It was tons of fun getting her strapped into the car seat, as she continued melting. But, she never did anything like that again. She, and the rest of our kiddos learned at an early age (even our special needs son) that it wasn't right, we wouldn't put up with it, and nor should others be subjected to it.

MySmallWorldof4

We took our kiddos out in public from, pretty much, day one. And we did it together the vast majority of the time. We wanted them to be exposed to public situations, and behave as expected, as early as possible.
Although, obviously, it wasn't always all unicorns and rainbows, I rarely remember tantrums in public, and only one full-blown meltdown (that I've posted about before), which was from youngest DD.
She was between 2-3 at the time. We were in Walmart and she wanted something that she wouldn't take no as an answer for. Just as soon as it got beyond anything we had ever seen from her before, I gathered her up kicking and screaming the whole way out the store heading to our car in the parking lot (that was why we usually shopped together, as it was my job to play "bouncer" in the pretty rare event that happened).
As soon as we got out the the door into a crowded parking lot, the little darling started screaming at the top of her lungs "MOMMY HELP! MOMMY! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!"
Of course, everyone within earshot stopped in their tracks and thought I was some sort of sicko kidnapper (little stinker doesn't even cover it). I assured everybody that she was my daughter, I was headed to that white minivan right there, and waiting for my wife and two other children to finish shopping. Luckily, that seemed to satisfy everyone.
It was tons of fun getting her strapped into the car seat, as she continued melting. But, she never did anything like that again. She, and the rest of our kiddos learned at an early age (even our special needs son) that it wasn't right, we wouldn't put up with it, and nor should others be subjected to it.
I bet at the time it was a super frustrating experience with maybe a thought that everyone in the store and parking lot were staring at you. Didn't help that dd made it seem like she was getting kidnapped. Bet you laugh about it with her now though. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom