The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So the month before school began the days were cool, low to mid 70's and now that school is in full swing were are humid and in the mid to high 80's. Did I mention that my school doesn't have air conditioning and the one window that opens in my classroom is right next to the paved parking lot so the rising heat makes my classroom feel hotter. :( The kids and I are exhausted at the end of the day just from the heat.

betty rose

I like the first half very much, the second half not so much. I hope you get rain in a moderate amount SOON!
Still no rain in our area. Another bad air quality day tomorrow. We went to the grocery store today, and it was crazy. Most people are eating out or staying inside. Our store King Sooper's in our area sent out their ads on Tuesday...They had sale items to buy 4 of combination of things, each one was 1.99. So I made out my grocery list and had them in groups of four. Got to the store and signs for the sale items are missing. We missed a few things because we weren't sure what was included or not. It was crazy for all the older people in the store. Most retiree's shop on Wednesday after the retirement checks are in the mail. I'm thinking it was to not sell as much to older folks. What I thought would be a 30 minute trip turned out to be 2 hours. They had rearranged the store since last week. :mad::mad::mad: We will find another store instead.

betty rose

Apples are great! Especially fresh off the tree. DD and DH already went apple picking, and we are planning another trip to the orchard.

And this is strange. I am firmly in the "Can we please skip winter?" group. But I love fall. Absolute favorite.
Me too fall in my favorite season. Our weather this year is like most people's strange, way too hot in my world.

MySmallWorldof4

I spoke too soon band ended early due to rain:( I'll pop a Potter in at least they're quiet when one is playing. Fantastic Beasts:joyfull:
Great movie! And Kudos to James!:)
Those are the luckiest ducks!
So the month before school began the days were cool, low to mid 70's and now that school is in full swing were are humid and in the mid to high 80's. Did I mention that my school doesn't have air conditioning and the one window that opens in my classroom is right next to the paved parking lot so the rising heat makes my classroom feel hotter. :( The kids and I are exhausted at the end of the day just from the heat.
Our August and now September have been colder than normal. Feels like October here. Would love some of your weather.
Still no rain in our area. Another bad air quality day tomorrow. We went to the grocery store today, and it was crazy. Most people are eating out or staying inside. Our store King Sooper's in our area sent out their ads on Tuesday...They had sale items to buy 4 of combination of things, each one was 1.99. So I made out my grocery list and had them in groups of four. Got to the store and signs for the sale items are missing. We missed a few things because we weren't sure what was included or not. It was crazy for all the older people in the store. Most retiree's shop on Wednesday after the retirement checks are in the mail. I'm thinking it was to not sell as much to older folks. What I thought would be a 30 minute trip turned out to be 2 hours. They had rearranged the store since last week. :mad::mad::mad: We will find another store instead.
Our supermarket is renovating too. It is only a couple of years old, and it was perfect in my opinion. But they decided to get a liquor license and sell alcohol. So everything is displaced and a quick trip is not possible until the changes are complete. :rolleyes:The name of your supermarket is funny though, King Sooper.:D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, obviously I wasn't there, so I don't know how it happened. I just know with my son, sometimes you just can't calm them down enough even to get them out. My son freaked out once about the order in which I crossed the streets...I needed to be diagonally across the street, so I crossed one street and then the one perpendicular to it, and he wanted me to cross the perpendicular one first because that's how we had gone the first time. He was screaming bloody murder, telling me I went the wrong way, and he was NOT going any further. I literally had to pull him along by the arms, and he was pulling with all his weight in the other direction...there was just no persuading or calming possible because he was so convinced it was the wrong way, even though we could SEE our destination up the street. He's not a kid you can look at and see immediately that he has any sort of issues, but they're there and it took us a long time to figure out all the triggers for his meltdowns. Maybe this girl doesn't have a disorder...I have no idea. But it IS a possibility. That being said, the parents should have done everything they could not to inconvenience other guests...but I know that sometimes it's unavoidable.
But when you finally get them out do you bring the child right back into a signature restaurant for round two? Me it was an over tired kid late at night and parents that could care less about others. Late seating is an odd time to have brought a special needs child into there. Personally late for any kid.

I've seen the same child over the last two days. Typical kid.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Great movie! And Kudos to James!:)

Those are the luckiest ducks!

Our August and now September have been colder than normal. Feels like October here. Would love some of your weather.

Our supermarket is renovating too. It is only a couple of years old, and it was perfect in my opinion. But they decided to get a liquor license and sell alcohol. So everything is displaced and a quick trip is not possible until the changes are complete. :rolleyes:The name of your supermarket is funny though, King Sooper.:D

I'll try to send the hot weather your way. I don't mind it if I'm not working, but being in a hot classroom with middle school students....:hungover:

BAChicagoGal

Glad you had a good time and made it home safely! What did you have for dinner? I've heard much about the 24 layer cake there...did you have that?
IMG_4131.jpg

I had breakfast has Steakhouse 55. I ordered the savory porridge, and it was very delicious. Definitely like nothing that I have eaten before. When I mentioned dessert, I meant the special birthday treat that they brought to our table, when we were finished with our meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom