The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Go with your own instincts--sounds like you'd be the best one to handle things. At least everything would get done correctly. You've done so much up to this point, and it shouldn't be too much longer. And you can't always predict a date for things to happen. Clearing up someone's estate can take time.
Yep, It's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I thought as soon as the death certificates got here, we'd be golden, but first the death certificates were late and then we found out we have to have some affidavit to send to utility companies and such that says we are the ones who have the authority to close out the accounts, which we can't get until the 30 day mark. But I really do need to go home. 2 more weeks and I should be able to get out of here.

Cesar R M

They all but have blamed the escalation on Chicago's Aviation Police. In the plea to save documentation and evidence they have done so for at least United, Republic and the City of Chicago. They are not really outsourced, they are real City of Chicago employees. Just not the Chicago (FOP) Police. I'm not sure how much you have witnessed here in the states. We have all sorts of 'police' law enforcement. Aviation Police, Rail Police, State Police, County Police, Municipal Police, Military Police, University Police, Dear Lord the list goes on. This particular group, the Aviation do not even carry guns which has been debated a great deal over the last few years, Pro's and Con's. My understanding, they want guns. After this...not likely to happen soon.
Seems similar to our country, except the inefficiency and corruption is widespread ;)

Our police force is a joke, specially since there are so many obese cops we call them "GordoCops" (sounds like robocop, but inserting the FAT joke)

Cesar R M

It is going to just push the problem to QS vs TS venues. But lines at QS isn't the same as having to frequently wait for your ADRs beyond a reasonable expectation. At Garden Grill there were tons of families sitting on the rugs outside the GG over an hour beyond their expected sitting time. Service inside beyond slow. Our seating was over an hour late and our meal was almost 2 hours-no wonder they can't keep their ADRs punctual.
My guess is the kitchen can't keep up with the amount of ADRs they keep stuffing in. I found the same at Via Napoli. Crazy. They still have the TS restaurant shuttered at the French Quarter. Everything is intact. I don't grasp stuff like this. I ate there for years when it was open, always plenty of guests and some of the best food I've had at WDW. Go figure. Disney's hiring freeze and Over Time taboo obviously played into the 2016 food and wine/free dining issues. The lines at F&W are beyond ridiculous frequently. I grasp the realities. They want the guests, they want the revenue but didn't want to pay for the staffing. Even checking into a resort is becoming painful, lack of staff and often rooms are still not ready beyond check in time. The resort rack rate is expensive, not having adequate staff to ready the rooms by check in time is a lot to expect guests to be fine with. My understanding is they are rethinking the structure of Free Dining and Food and Wine (FW has so many issues now) but really I believe anyhow Disney is just kicking the can, much like their inhouse transportation. Until they grasp you have to spend money when racking in so much money......
Yeah I wondered that. Reminds me when I went to COR during the presidents weekend rush. COR had like 6 staff ready to assist you and there were like 20 spots for them to work on.
Yet the line was getting longer and longer.
Funny thing, my first time at POR wasnt that bad, 90% of the staff spots were filled with staff and the lined moved pretty quickly.
I will never understand the mentality of "lol they're trapped with us, why waste money on better staff".
I would have responded " they cant keep demand, you;re losing money because people cannot get in to buy or order stuff they want".

Songbird76

Sorry about the stressful situation. Would your in-laws be willing to stay with the kids for a few days to help out your hubby? Or is there a close friend they could stay with? Tough situation. From what you have said about your brother when your mom passed, it seems as if you need to close out your dad's stuff yourself.
Well, I can't close it out myself. Neither of us were named executor, but according to the lawyer, that won't be a problem if we don't have to go through a full probate since everything was left equally to the two of us. We don't NEED an executor. So we just need the affidavit that says we are the ones who have the right to everything...which means we just have to do everything together and split it.
As for in-lws or close friends...we don't have anyone in our town. My in-laws live bout 40 minutes away, which isn't TOO bad, but we don't have the space for them to stay. Basically, this week is vacation, so my husband is going in early and staying late to make up for a few hours and the kids are with his parents. They are living there for the next 2 weeks while the kids have vacation. That way, hubby makes up 2-3 hours every day so he doesn't use up all his vacation days right now. It will all work out.

Songbird76

I can totally relate to you. 2 days before my Dad passed I had major car repairs and when I got the call he was going to pass I had no way of getting there and he was 1.5 hour away, a real trick to barely get there. I had to tell my Mom he passed, I had to go to my Mom and tell her, I took my Mom to pick out the service and all that and then try to arrange a convenient time for the service for my Sis' family to fly in from Ohio. We wanted him in a Military Cemetery but you can't have it both ways, either you wait until they are ready or you do your service and they ship his remains which my Sis wasn't getting. Ultimately I just Picked the things for the funeral, chose a time, chose a restaurant and boohyah kill me know if any of ya don't like it.

My Mom still has refused to go see where he has been placed into the Veterans Wall. Many have offered to take her...always an excuse. And yes she is still gleeful about everything she finds to toss. I barely grabbed recently a gold watch and cuff lings that were my Dads that he promised to my son. Her thought...he never took them. Well you never gave them to Grandson or offered them to him. I thought the pressure of my Dads illness was rightfully getting to her last year...now I seeing that isn't really it, she is kinda one flew over the cuckoo's nest. But at least I am relatively close to nuts-ville, you stuck here, oy.
Well, I was pretty blessed when it came to the funeral and burial. For one thing, my brother didn't really give a rat's patootie about any of it so I could make decisions without his objection. For another, a good friend of my dad's (he was staying at their house when he passed and the friend was the one who found him...they thought he was napping) was there to help me make the arrangements. Anything I didn't know, he filled in. It made it so much easier to have that help. And then for the burial, my grandfather had bought a whole bunch of plots for his children and their spouses and eventually even some grandchildren...he had like 10 plots. So there was no question about where he would be buried...he's right next to his parents and when I visited the grave a week and a half ago, they already had his military cross there. So the funeral arrangements were relatively painless as far as those things go, thank goodness. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with all of it. And it sounds like in your case, everyone has their own opinions about how everything should have gone....I didn't have that. I was free to choose.

Songbird76

Is there a way you could go home and take care of everything when your kids go on break? Hugs prayers and pixie dust
Well my kids have a week and a half break right now. So they are staying with my in-laws, but our Summer break isn't until June and we have a bit of a time crunch. My grandfather was a homesteader and built his house out there in the middle of nowhere...Before my mom and dad got married, the ranch corporation had financial problems and sold the land to the coal mine, but kept the mineral rights, and they leased the surface back from the mine so they could live on it and have their cattle. So my dad kept leasing it back from the mine. I guess in January, they told him they wanted to start mining the land that he was living on, so he needed to move his house and everything by June 1st. We think that might have contributed to his death...his house and his cattle were all he had left....to be told at 84 that you have to leave and do something else...we think maybe he was just done and ready to go. So anyway, Summer break isn't until July and we are supposed to have everything gone by June 1st.

MySmallWorldof4

Well, I was pretty blessed when it came to the funeral and burial. For one thing, my brother didn't really give a rat's patootie about any of it so I could make decisions without his objection. For another, a good friend of my dad's (he was staying at their house when he passed and the friend was the one who found him...they thought he was napping) was there to help me make the arrangements. Anything I didn't know, he filled in. It made it so much easier to have that help. And then for the burial, my grandfather had bought a whole bunch of plots for his children and their spouses and eventually even some grandchildren...he had like 10 plots. So there was no question about where he would be buried...he's right next to his parents and when I visited the grave a week and a half ago, they already had his military cross there. So the funeral arrangements were relatively painless as far as those things go, thank goodness. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with all of it. And it sounds like in your case, everyone has their own opinions about how everything should have gone....I didn't have that. I was free to choose.
It is all very sad. I am glad that at least you had a little help with the funeral arrangements. I guess your grandfather had great foresight. Funerals are one of the things I try to keep furthest from my mind but sometimes I guess you need to face reality of mortality. Continued prayers for you.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hey guys! I am thinking of building a boat or ark or something. We have had almost 6 inches of rain since Saturday. Everything is water-logged. Just finished vac the basement where it was running in at the garage door. We are in a flood warning but it won't flood around my house. We are too high up. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow and dries us out. One good thing--no more drought!!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well my kids have a week and a half break right now. So they are staying with my in-laws, but our Summer break isn't until June and we have a bit of a time crunch. My grandfather was a homesteader and built his house out there in the middle of nowhere...Before my mom and dad got married, the ranch corporation had financial problems and sold the land to the coal mine, but kept the mineral rights, and they leased the surface back from the mine so they could live on it and have their cattle. So my dad kept leasing it back from the mine. I guess in January, they told him they wanted to start mining the land that he was living on, so he needed to move his house and everything by June 1st. We think that might have contributed to his death...his house and his cattle were all he had left....to be told at 84 that you have to leave and do something else...we think maybe he was just done and ready to go. So anyway, Summer break isn't until July and we are supposed to have everything gone by June 1st.
Hugs I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. Be well my friend and I hope you get home soon. xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
In my travels today I seemed to have cornered the market on cucumbers. Somebody at the grocer ordered way too many organic baby cukes their sale is my gain:confused: I have 3 large bowls with marinating cucumbers 1 with onions and apple cider vinegar mustard dressing 2 spring onions rice wine vinegar, siracha and sesame oil and 3 onion, tomato, white beans with balsamic vinegarette

MySmallWorldof4

In my travels today I seemed to have cornered the market on cucumbers. Somebody at the grocer ordered way too many organic baby cukes their sale is my gain:confused: I have 3 large bowls with marinating cucumbers 1 with onions and apple cider vinegar mustard dressing 2 spring onions rice wine vinegar, siracha and sesame oil and 3 onion, tomato, white beans with balsamic vinegarette
Oooh lucky!!!! Jealous. :oops:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a friend who was counting on free dining and I just told her she was blocked out. She is a nurse in our local hospital, so she cannot change her dates. I told her she should be able to get a room discount but her dates weren't released as room only discounts yet. It is strange because her dates were in last falls discounts that were released in April. Guess they are changing things up a bit. Maybe they are more booked then the last bunch of years?

Perhaps they are booked more than in previous years--but perhaps also the hotel room inventory is shrinking with all the conversions they've done to DVC only rooms everywhere.

MySmallWorldof4

Perhaps they are booked more than in previous years--but perhaps also the hotel room inventory is shrinking with all the conversions they've done to DVC only rooms everywhere.
Well when I told her the dining plan was only going to be for 2 qs meals, she didn't feel as bad. Now she just has to hope for room discounts to come out for the 10 days before Halloween. :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

What are you going to do with all that? Sounds like way too much for dinner! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was a bit surprised there was any free dining at all. I thought it was going the way of the dodo.

As long as we've been going there has always been some type of dining perk in the fall. Before free dining we had a TS breakfast including character breakfasts. We also had tacked on free waterpark (once Typhoon opened) and free minigolf. Plus it was booked at value season rate not like Rack Rate it is tied to now. Last time we did free dining it was required we stay minimum in a garden view room rack rate.

We've added it all up and deemed the room discount a better deal now. I can only imagine how many guests switched from Moderate to Value today when they formally announced both would receive quick service. Wonder how many guests cancelled? DD said all sorts of dining reservations popped up today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom