The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like.
We've never stayed at a deluxe.
POR on our first 2 family trips, was the most extravagant we've ever gone. Since then we've only stayed at values. But, in recent years, it really hasn't mattered to us because we've always been Park Commandos, and only really have used the resort to crash and clean up...! :)
We realize our money goes farther if we stay at The Cabins. We like the bonus of MK watercraft. :)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I use this stuff..
View attachment 196524 .
You can buy this version that you just hook up to your hose, or you can buy concentrate and mix it with water in a hand sprayer, if you want to walk around and spray the weeds independently. I have had real good luck with it and it does not seem to affect the grass.
I find this much more efficient ;)
150803145603-flame-thrower-demo-780x439.png

MouseDreaming

good morning my sling shot is hopefully going to be put away for the season:inlove: It's already over 50 and going up:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
Good Morning, Figgy! And good morning all! So, it is spring break for DD and myself this week. My sling shot is put away, but it might be because we should be busy building an ark. Hopefully, we stay dry today. The backyard looks more like a swamp.

Goofyernmost

Oh my, yes.
That was the one in Canada from a World's Fair way back in the day, if I remember correctly, and it wasn't a full sphere.
I believe the gutted structure may still be standing.
It is and if you had gone to the original Expo 67, as I did, you would know just how freaking creepy that place is now. I am also assuming it is still there. It was the last time I went to Montreal which was about (or in Canadian, eh... aboat) 10 years ago. For a number of years it was used as a Canadian exhibit of some sort, I don't really remember what it housed, but, it was actually wide open then. The structure was still there, the different floor levels were in place, but, the plastic external covering was what burnt up in the fire was never replaced. So if it rained, it was raining inside as well.

I think they wanted to keep it as the Expo Icon, somewhat like the globe from the NY Worlds Fair. If you look at that picture, just to the right of the burning USA pavilion you can see the remains of the concrete slab that was once the USSR Pavilion. Back in the "Cold War" days the competition to get the most attention was fierce. The US won, we had all the space capsules hanging from the ceiling and some Elvis stuff. They had farm equipment.
Here's a link that give you an idea of what it was like. Note the early monorail/people mover ride that took you to both sides of the islands and right through the middle of the US Pavilion. I have a large photograph on my "office" wall of the aerial view of the site.
https://www.mtlblog.com/these-20-pictures-of-expo-67-will-leave-you-speechless-there-are-no-words/

Last edited:

donaldtoo

We want to go to Europe as soon as the "little" guy is gone.

Yep, especially after oldest DD and SonIL spent about a month in Europe (England, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany) last summer with SonILs family, we are really wanting to plan a European trip in the next few years. She kept sending us videos and pics while they were there, and they had an amazing time...!!! :)

MySmallWorldof4

It is and if you had gone to the original Expo 67, as I did, you would know just how freaking creepy that place is now. I am also assuming it is still there. It was the last time I went to Montreal which was about (or in Canadian, eh... aboat) 10 years ago. For a number of years it was used as a Canadian exhibit of some sort, I don't really remember what it housed, but, it was actually wide open then. The structure was still there, the different floor levels were in place, but, the plastic external covering was what burnt up in the fire was never replaced. So if it rained, it was raining inside as well.

I think they wanted to keep it as the Expo Icon, somewhat like the globe from the NY Worlds Fair. If you look at that picture, just to the right of the burning USA pavilion you can see the remains of the concrete slab that was once the USSR Pavilion. Back in the "Cold War" days the competition to get the most attention was fierce. The US won, we had all the space capsules hanging from the ceiling some Elvis stuff. They had farm equipment.
Here's a link that give you an idea of what it was like. Note the early monorail/people mover ride that took you to both sides of the islands and right through the middle of the US Pavilion. I have a large photograph on my "office" wall of the aerial view of the site.
https://www.mtlblog.com/these-20-pictures-of-expo-67-will-leave-you-speechless-there-are-no-words/
Nothing to do with your post but now I think I now know why they named their baseball team "The Expos". Thanks! Saw a game there once in '96.

MouseDreaming

It's almost 60, the sun is out and my chores and workout are done:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Deck chair time:inlove: I can even blast my music(I don't complain when they (mostly he) blasts loud rock they don't complain when I blast Disney)
I am so jealous. I just looked at the forecast for the rest of the week. Looks like the we won't make it out of the 40's. Gray and cloudy, unless it is raining.

MySmallWorldof4

It's almost 60, the sun is out and my chores and workout are done:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Deck chair time:inlove: I can even blast my music(I don't complain when they (mostly he) blasts loud rock they don't complain when I blast Disney)
Lucky you. Loads of rain here today. The only good thing about that is the flowers and trees need it. Just saw this morning that are peach and plum trees have blossoms,:)

MouseDreaming

Nothing to do with your post but now I think I now know why they named their baseball team "The Expos". Thanks! Saw a game there once in '96.
That was the exact same thought I had!:happy: Somehow, I had a big baseball card collection when I was about 6. A lot of Expo players. Never was a big fan of baseball, so I am not sure why I had all of those cards. Maybe I was the kid who liked the gum in the pack?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom