The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

Anyone who is feeling down should head to your local theatre and see LA LA LAND. It is really just a perfect throwback to vintage Hollywood musicals. Overall it is a really uplifting, positive experience. Although there may be tears at the end. Anyway, highly recommended from this non-critic, and have nothing to do with the movie. Trailer below:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
FYI, I don't know if anyone else has ever used Enterprise rental cars, but may I just say that we had a great experience with them. I chose them primarily for three reasons: 1. They had airport drop off in San Diego, 2. They were very inexpensive, and 3. They have an extensive internship program, so I felt the odds of them trying to rip us off because we're young was lower since they work a lot with young people.

Everyone who we spoke to from Enterprise was lovely. From the guy who gave us the ride to their location in Anaheim to the person who we gave the vehicle to in San Diego, everyone was polite, courteous, and friendly. The guy who picked us up noted that we must not have been from SoCal because he was bundled up and we were in light jackets. :joyfull: Very pleasant. They gave us a 2016 Hyundai Sonata, which I must say was a nice vehicle. We weren't expecting that from a Hyundai. The car was clean and in excellent condition. They walked around the car with us and noted any dings, though I only noticed one major scratch. There were no high pressure sales tactic. Basically, the guy had to explain one option (a $40 damage waiver) because it was on the contract that he had to explain it, but didn't pressure me when I said no. I was expecting them to try to sell me a bunch of features I did not need or want, and they didn't.

Then, less than an hour after returning the car, they called me and told me the car was returned in excellent condition and they read me the final total over the phone. When my parents have rented cars from other companies, the other companies have never done that.

Really, I was expecting a hassel, and the process could not have been smoother. It could just be the Southern California area offices, but I just wanted to share that our experience was excellent. I would definitely recommend them.

I've rented a lot of vehicles, most honkin big ones in the last 10 years-moving college kids in an out. All of them have been from Enterprise. They even offer to pick me up and drop me back home kinda like our mechanic. The last 3 row SUV I rented for my Dad's services (mine only holds 5 people) was the only one I had to make a U-turn and go back. They hadn't cleaned it. It was so disgusting. My guess a family vacation week. Food and Stickiness everywhere. So 30 minutes later all was right. I'd rent from them again in a heartbeat. I kept that car for 8 days and they gave me a free day for my U-turn.

StarWarsGirl

I've rented a lot of vehicles, most honkin big ones in the last 10 years-moving college kids in an out. All of them have been from Enterprise. They even offer to pick me up and drop me back home kinda like our mechanic. The last 3 row SUV I rented for my Dad's services (mine only holds 5 people) was the only one I had to make a U-turn and go back. They hadn't cleaned it. It was so disgusting. My guess a family vacation week. Food and Stickiness everywhere. So 30 minutes later all was right. I'd rent from them again in a heartbeat. I kept that car for 8 days and they gave me a free day for my U-turn.
I thought they were fantastic. We've rented from other companies out in Hawaii (Alamo I believe) and usually end up having a problem, usually with them taking forever, or not having the car we ordered ready, or trying to give us a vehicle smaller than what we ordered and chargining us the same rate. My dad said Enterprise is more expensive. I told him for their customer service, it's probably worth it. It was actually cheaper than most of the other companies because their underage fee was so low. Most were $25, and some had a higher airport drop fee. It was $10 per day. I appreciated that they walked around the car to check for damage. I do not recall other car companies doing that when we rented in Hawaii. The guy actually pointed out some bumper damage and said, "Normal, but we'll note it." Nice.

The car they gave us also had excellent gas millage. We drove from Anaheim to San Diego and then all around San Diego. We used 7 gallons of gas, and our grand total was $20 for gas. The system said that the average MPG was about 30. Mine gets about 17. Yeah...getting a new car before long.

I also know people who have worked for them and appreciate how well the company treats them. I had a group project member who worked for them. He said the worst part was dealing with customers, but the company paid him very well. I know he won't stay there because it's not what he wants for a job after college, but I was impressed with how they treated him.

Gabe1

Anyone who is feeling down should head to your local theatre and see LA LA LAND. It is really just a perfect throwback to vintage Hollywood musicals. Overall it is a really uplifting, positive experience. Although there may be tears at the end. Anyway, highly recommended from this non-critic, and have nothing to do with the movie. Trailer below:

My son went to see it last night. Wonder if he liked it too. Will have to remember to ask. :geek:

Gabe1

No surprise and agree with you. Still, those cost cut measures are sometimes too stupid.

My gut still says that the handle-less models were a manufacturing problem. The cup is a blow mold and the handle is a standard mold as is the top along with another for the closure. My thought is the handle mold crashed while they were shooting it. When they crash it can take 30 to 60 days to repair the mold. If they crash an old mold it can be beyond repair and take upto 6 months to create a new one. My guess is they repaired then likely started producing a new mold for the future.

When we were at Disney handle-less they were trying shopping bags for mug transport for families (that doesn't work for liquids) and also 4 holed cup holders for transport for families. Then ran out of both twice of both during our stay. The paper products cost far outweighed the cost of the plastic for a mug handle. Plus the mugs didn't really fit well in the 4x paper cup holder. They were designed more for the wider paper coffee and soft drink beverages. It was all to make shift IMO for a planned budget cut.

Gabe1

We're only here for three nights. Then we switch to Boardwalk for the rest of the trip. By the end of the week, I will have stayed at four different hotels. I'll kind of be glad to get to Boardwalk just to be settled for over a week.

I've enjoyed AKL. Love the pool, love the QS. Unfortunately like many resorts it has also become a destination making it difficult to eat anything in your home resort with planning ADR. A bonus of the moderate resorts and DVC off the beaten track. My only grip about AKL is how far out it is and the transportation difficulties I've had from the Lodge. Yep all resorts have troubles with transportation from time to time and we did at POR our last trip but in all my years at Disney and all the resorts we've stayed at never have I had the consistent problems we had at AKL. Heading to DTD and MK was outright painful. It is a shame cause I really do love the resort.

Cesar R M

My gut still says that the handle-less models were a manufacturing problem. The cup is a blow mold and the handle is a standard mold as is the top along with another for the closure. My thought is the handle mold crashed while they were shooting it. When they crash it can take 30 to 60 days to repair the mold. If they crash an old mold it can be beyond repair and take upto 6 months to create a new one. My guess is they repaired then likely started producing a new mold for the future.

When we were at Disney handle-less they were trying shopping bags for mug transport for families (that doesn't work for liquids) and also 4 holed cup holders for transport for families. Then ran out of both twice of both during our stay. The paper products cost far outweighed the cost of the plastic for a mug handle. Plus the mugs didn't really fit well in the 4x paper cup holder. They were designed more for the wider paper coffee and soft drink beverages. It was all to make shift IMO for a planned budget cut.
To be honest, I do not believe in these issues.. a big factory of plastic should have multiple molds ready to use.
A single crash shouldn't have slowed them down. I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned it was a "design" thing in the rumor section.
so no surprise if handleless saved them a few cents per every hundred.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
FYI, I don't know if anyone else has ever used Enterprise rental cars, but may I just say that we had a great experience with them. I chose them primarily for three reasons: 1. They had airport drop off in San Diego, 2. They were very inexpensive, and 3. They have an extensive internship program, so I felt the odds of them trying to rip us off because we're young was lower since they work a lot with young people.

Everyone who we spoke to from Enterprise was lovely. From the guy who gave us the ride to their location in Anaheim to the person who we gave the vehicle to in San Diego, everyone was polite, courteous, and friendly. The guy who picked us up noted that we must not have been from SoCal because he was bundled up and we were in light jackets. :joyfull: Very pleasant. They gave us a 2016 Hyundai Sonata, which I must say was a nice vehicle. We weren't expecting that from a Hyundai. The car was clean and in excellent condition. They walked around the car with us and noted any dings, though I only noticed one major scratch. There were no high pressure sales tactic. Basically, the guy had to explain one option (a $40 damage waiver) because it was on the contract that he had to explain it, but didn't pressure me when I said no. I was expecting them to try to sell me a bunch of features I did not need or want, and they didn't.

Then, less than an hour after returning the car, they called me and told me the car was returned in excellent condition and they read me the final total over the phone. When my parents have rented cars from other companies, the other companies have never done that.

Really, I was expecting a hassel, and the process could not have been smoother. It could just be the Southern California area offices, but I just wanted to share that our experience was excellent. I would definitely recommend them.

Glad to hear you had such a good rental experience. Just a few points to tuck in the back of your mind for the future, based upon my own experiences with rentals from various companies, in different locations throughout the U.S.

Regarding declining the daily damage waiver, that's fine if your own (private) car insurance covers rentals as well. (I'm sure you checked that out prior to your trip.) Beware of a few other things -- first of all, rental companies are usually franchises--different rules can apply in different locations--always read the fine print.

Secondly, let's say you declined the damage waiver, and you crash the car--"some" rental company (locations) may request you pay up front for the damage repair, and then get reimbursed from your own insurance company. Obviously, that could be a major expense, and you may not have that amount of money on hand--and insurance companies aren't exactly speedy to reimburse their customers either.

Lastly, "some" rental company (locations) will tack on a daily "loss of use" charge (let's say you crash the car). For every day they cannot rent that car, you can get charged.

Knock on wood, I've never had to deal with any rental car accidents, but I still always elect the damage waiver, in addition to third party liability coverage (in case I hit another vehicle, and the other driver gets injured and tries to sue me). The automatic liability coverage you'll receive when you rent the car can vary widely from state to state (whatever that state law demands that the rental company has to provide). So I elect the higher coverage (usually that doesn't cost too much more each day).

It cost me more money for electing some daily add-ons, but I had peace of mind. (Others may have a difference of opinion here, but this was the only way I could deal with the possibilities.) All I'm really saying is that it's important to dissect the fine print on all rentals (every time you rent--even from the same place--new rules can sneak in), regardless of company name and/or location.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Yes! This is a movie I do want to see. I am planning to stay awake for it too. (I fell asleep in Moana.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom