The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My daughters mother in law had a problem with that. In fact for a while she couldn't drive because of her vision. I don't know the treatment she had, something new I think, and it has reversed quite a lot or at least enough that she can drive again. From what I understand it cannot be cured completely yet, but, it can be at least reversed and made to stop progressing, at least for some time.

True. My Mom has Mac, worse in one eye over the other. She did fail a drivers test. She did a good stint of shots into her eye, it makes the fluid and pressure in the eye go away. She needed less and less over time and I think it has been about 2 years now since she had to have a shot. She still doesn't drive at night though.

Gabe1

In spite of doing a lot of travel in my time, I must admit that the only part of Texas I have ever been in was the Panhandle for basic training back in 1968. It was most of the summer of over 100 degrees and more then one dust storm. Lovely place Amarillo! Unfortunately that eternity that stretched out over 3 and a half months left a memory that I was never able to overcome when considering places to travel. Texas has never been up for consideration. Texas is probably a wonderful place although the political atmosphere would probably cause cardiac arrest for me, but, I have never given it the chance since those days in 68. It is the same feeling I get when I get pamphlets to travel to Vietnam. Can't think of a single reason why I would want to go there again. The brain does play some nasty tricks on all of us.:)

My Sis & Family will travel to Vietnam this year. Countless places they have traveled to that made me happy not to be vacationing with them.

Gabe1

Thanks! I have enjoyed it...! :)

No Doc visit 'til sometime after the MRI I finally have scheduled for next Half-day Friday afternoon.
The symptoms have calmed down a bit over the last week or so, but, as per usual, I know they'll be back with a vengeance at some point soon.
Depending on how many surgeries are required, this could end up being a bit of a drawn out process, unfortunately.
But, it is what it is, and I'll deal with it. Others have a lot worse problems than I.

Funnier before you edited it! ;)

Be well my friend. Pixie Dust.

Gabe1

by any chance you do not have photos or albums to help you remember?
by any chance you do not have photos or albums to help you remember?

Like @Direwolf27 our trips have kinda run out of memory space. For me as a kid I forget my trips to DL and also the ones at first to WDW as it opened and expand.

I have genuinely lost track of how many trips we took as a family. Photo's have helped.

StarWarsGirl

Whelp, last day for Disneyland tomorrow. I'm kind of ready to move on honestly. I've done basically everything I wanted to do here, so tomorrow will be "last rides".

Monday we drive down to San Diego. Wednesday I go to WDW. Where I will not have to do laundry right away because I'll be wearing shorts and new shirts.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
O.k. So we ended up with about 9 inches of snow last night. It's so pretty outside--winter wonderland!! (If I ever make it to heaven . . . :cautious: , I'm sure that heaven will be pretty like this, every day!! :happy: )

Oh, by the way, my church is closed today because of the storm (it was snowing up to midnight, and the weather people weren't sure when it would actually stop). That's a smart move on behalf of the church, because we have some disabled people who attend every week; and if church wasn't cancelled, they might feel like they have to go. The travel could be dangerous for them. (Years ago, the churches never closed, but they have re-thought the safety factor in recent years.)

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

My chemical BFF is ADVIL, cousin to Aleve. Don't blame you for not giving up Golf even if it is a 'Good Walk Spoiled.' And a walk with a Pup is never boring, the adventures they bring. If you get a really really cute Pup you'll have all sorts of people engaging you along the way.
This seems selfish, I know, but, I spent my entire life taking care of living things, and, I, frankly, no longer want to do it anymore. I know this isn't going to be understood or appreciated, but, my daughters also advocate my getting a dog. Maybe over time that will change, but, for right now that is how I feel. I like animals, I really do, but, I don't want to take care of one. If they come up with one that will dial 911 if I collapse someplace or figure out how to use a bathroom or run back to the house and tell mom that I fell into a well, I'd be open to considering it. :)

Goofyernmost

We're getting a snowstorm today!! Maybe we'll get about 8 inches, and plenty of time to play in it over the weekend!!! Bring it on! I'm looking forward to shovelling, and it's also good cardio exercise, you know. And--it doesn't cost anything, like a gym membership. It's just outside the front door and is free!! :D
Now, that's what I call makin' lemonade outta' lemons.
That's what I call total insanity! But, that's our little MinnieM. Gotta love her, but, I do wish she would get back on her meds., she's starting to scare me.;):jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like animals, I really do, but, I don't want to take care of one. If they come up with one that will dial 911 if I collapse someplace or figure out how to use a bathroom or run back to the house and tell mom that I fell into a well, I'd be open to considering it.

Maybe you could get a service dog? :D They'll even trot over to the ATM and get money for you!

DogCashpoint_450x324

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom