The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I still wonder why the hell the water is so expensive in the USA.
bottled one I mean.

I can't even remember the last time I bought bottled water. I've never even bought it at Disney. I always just get their complimentary qs/cs cups of ice water.
I think our tap water here comes out to about 1/8 cent per 8 oz. glass, or something like that, and it's really good, too. :hungry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Prices are getting pretty ridiculous.
I actually wonder if they will see a huge downpoint of latin american customers because of the overvalued dollar vs local currencies.
Perhaps they will be replaced by more UK visitors?

I wouldn't look for the Euro to rescue what is lost by Latin American guests. The Euro is at its lowest since I think 2012 and just had its lowest day in a year. The world needs the stock market to stabilize. The earnings reports are overall good so this volatility seems to be fueled more by emotions than earnings reports. We shall see over the next 6 months how Americans feel about expensive vacations as most are planned and a chunk paid for already. New booked vacations with dwindling retirement/investment portfolios might, might discourage some from planning new Disney vacations. Time will tell.

Gabe1

Very few places take AP discounts. You can ask, but usually, ye shall not receive.

Think about it this way: If you've got 4 people and each person costs about $25 per meal (dinner) then that's about $100 per meal, not counting the tip. So you'd save about $20 per meal. After 8 meals, you've saved $160. If you use it for breakfasts and some QS locations, that's even more saved.

That's just a rough estimate

Pretty sure it is still 20% at Flame Tree, but I'll double check.

Yeah some are sure missing. Still there are many that will give ya the 10%
Lunch & Dinner
  • Rainforest Café
  • Yak & Yeti
    • Biergarten Restaurant
      • Hollywood & Vine (breakfast)
      • The Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Lunch
    • Restaurant Marrakesh (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Teppan Edo (discount available 7 days a week)
    • Tutto Italia Restaurant (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Via Napoli (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Nine Dragons Restaurant (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • San Angel Inn Restaurant (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Tokyo Dining (discount available 7 days a week )
    • Chefs de France (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Coral Reef Restaurant (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Le Cellier Steakhouse (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Rose and Crown Dining Room (discount available Monday through Friday)
    • Spice Road Table (discount available Monday through Friday)

• Springs
Crossroads at House of Blues®
20% discount off of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily in the restaurant prior to 4:00 PM and 10% discount after 4:00 PM. Valid for the Passholder and up to five (5) Guests.

Morimoto ASIA
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuities) for Passholder and up to three (3) Guests—for lunch only. Discount not valid for sushi bar, or on holidays.

The BOATHOUSE®
10% discount off the non-discounted price of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Reservations are available by calling (407) WDW-BOAT or (407) 939-2628.

Vivoli il Gelato
10% off purchase from store opening through September 30, 2016.

Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages.

Fulton's Crab House
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Reservations are available by calling (407) 939-2628, (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
10% discount on any purchase.

Portobello
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Reservations are available by calling (407) 934-8863.

Rainforest Café®
10% discount off the regular price of lunch and dinner entrees. Reservations are available by calling (407) 827-8500.

Splitsville Luxury Lanes™
20% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excludes tax & gratuity). An 18% gratuity will be automatically included based on the pre-discount amount.

T-Rex™
10% discount off the regular price of lunch and dinner entrées. Reservations are available by calling (407) 827-8739.

Wolfgang Puck Café®
10% discount off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch and dinner. Call (407) 938-9653 or (407) WDW-DINE.

Wolfgang Puck Express
10% off the non-discounted price of food and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch and dinner.
and resorts
  • ESPN Club at Disney's BoardWalk Entertainment District
  • Disney's BoardWalk Resort - Trattoria al Forno
  • Disney's BoardWalk Entertainment District - Flying Fish
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sanaa
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jiko -- The Cooking Place
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma -- Flavors of Africa
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort - The Wave&of American Flavors
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Trail's End Restaurant
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Grand Floridian Café
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Narcoossee's
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Citricos
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Café
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort, Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs - The Turf Club Bar and Grill
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Whispering Canyon Café
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point
  • Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort - Captain's Grille
  • Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts - Cape May Cafe
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Kona Cafe
many of them have black out dates for highest of dates.

@figmentfan423 it seems there is a $25 dollar discount being offered now for TIW

Goofyernmost

I can't even remember the last time I bought bottled water. I've never even bought it at Disney. I always just get their complimentary qs/cs cups of ice water.
I think our tap water here comes out to about 1/8 cent per 8 oz. glass, or something like that, and it's really good, too. :hungry:
And you, at least, know where it came from. Bottled water is anybody's guess. I do buy it at Disney simply because I find it easier. When I get thirsty I buy a bottle, sit on a wall and drink it then throw the empty in a bush where it can't be seen trash recycling container because I want to keep the park beautiful. ;):) I do not want to be carrying around bottled water all day and I don't want to waste my time going to a QS area to get one. I figure... if I can afford to be at the park, I can afford water of convenience.

Goofyernmost

I wouldn't look for the Euro to rescue what is lost by Latin American guests. The Euro is at its lowest since I think 2012 and just had its lowest day in a year. The world needs the stock market to stabilize. The earnings reports are overall good so this volatility seems to be fueled more by emotions than earnings reports. We shall see over the next 6 months how Americans feel about expensive vacations as most are planned and a chunk paid for already. New booked vacations with dwindling retirement/investment portfolios might, might discourage some from planning new Disney vacations. Time will tell.
Even if I hadn't just spend a lot of money for my trip to Europe, I would certainly be thinking that this isn't a good time to spend more money on recreation, at least for me. If I had a steady, significant income it wouldn't bother me much.

donaldtoo

And you, at least, know where it came from. Bottled water is anybody's guess. I do buy it at Disney simply because I find it easier. When I get thirsty I buy a bottle, sit on a wall and drink it then throw the empty in a bush where it can't be seen trash recycling container because I want to keep the park beautiful. ;):) I do not want to be carrying around bottled water all day and I don't want to waste my time going to a QS area to get one. I figure... if I can afford to be at the park, I can afford water of convenience.

I've never waited more than a few minutes for the free water. If the line looks too long, I find another one along our route to the next destination. I tend to do it often, and it ain't the Sahara ;), so sometimes I wait until after our next destination to hydrate. :)

Gabe1

I am pretty much the same way. I buy the bottled water. No I'm not thrilled with the price but in the heat and humidity it is necessary. Usually in the afternoon I buy a bottled soda when I feel my sugar level dropping during warm months. Most QS restaurants don't have self serve soda anymore so I'm not hunting them down. I can drink the water in the rooms, out of the parks fountains not so much, so not accustomed to that. When I had a well here I bought bottled water too.

Gabe1

I've never waited more than a few minutes for the free water. If the line looks too long, I find another one along our route to the next destination. I tend to do it often, and it ain't the Sahara ;), so sometimes I wait until after our next destination to hydrate. :)

And it is also likely you can wait it out longer than some of us being from a hot climates.

donaldtoo

Hi, all. I'm still very sick. The bugs today are the pits. Hubby is now coming down with this. Will be back in a day or two. I'm so far behind. I will do ketchup when I can. I miss you all. I can't sit up for long without getting really dizzy, and sick to my stomach. Back to Sierra Mist and Crackers and chicken soup. :(

Oh my. I'm still so far behind. So sorry. Hope y'all are feelin' better by now...!

Gabe1

I like this one but I'm so done with wood outdoor furniture. I've done it for 30 years and have slowly transitioned to metal. I'd only buy wood now if it was covered by some type of a roof.
image-jpeg.130016

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom