The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Alrighty gang, off to mom and pops to feast...!

Thanksgiving-Feast.jpg

Have a happy...!!!
Laterrrrrrrrrrr...!!!!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm watching the parade preshow, who knew Tony Danza has such a good voice.

I saw a lot of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade this morning, before we left to go meet my sister and then off to the restaurant. (I'm so stuffed I can't hardly move . . . wow, what a FEED !!!!!!!!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:)

I, too, was surprised at Tony Danza's voice, and even more suprised to see him in a Broadway production. I'm so used to seeing him on TV only. It's easy to forget that many of these actors are multi-talented individuals. I really enjoyed hearing him sing this morning.

Every year I absolutely love seeing all the big flying balloons! I think I liked Snoopy and Woodstock the best this year. Wiggleworm was very cute and clever, though. What was your favorite?

As for the various singing groups, a lot of them didn't do the best job of lip syncing, and that was a disappointment.

I loved all the marching bands from across the country and their nice, colorful uniforms.

Lastly, the biggest smile for me is when Santa finally appears at the end! That's always been my favorite part every year, ever since I was a kid watching this parade! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and also to your family!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I was folding laundry in my parents' room and watching a movie on my tablet. I left it on their bench. The cat has been staring at it for at least 10 minutes...
View attachment 75194

What movie is that with Billy Crystal talking to Chewbacca? (maybe I'm not seeing it too well...)

Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs as much as we have here and I'm very glad I'm getting to stop in and visit with everyone tonight. Started the day with these:

Main Street Bakery recipe. Yum!!

Then, my daughter says (much as it pains me to type it), "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?"

And then some shenanigans on the huge hill in our back yard.

After about the 10th wipeout, it was time to come in and do some serious eating. Now, the girls have gone shopping and I am relaxing with one of my best liquid friends in front of the tube. Very thankful!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I never understood Black Friday shopping. Sales, yes but you can get the same sale all week. Sometimes better sales all year.

For a number of years, I was a Black Friday warrior. I stopped about 5 years ago when things started to get out of hand. I have vivid recollections of being at Walmart at 5am, Staples at 6am, and Target at 7am one year. Got a TV, Nintendo DS, and a Wii for half what they were on Amazon.

Now, you generally get 20-30% off the big ticket items. The really good deals are on the little things, but I don't brave the crowds anymore. My wife is currently at WalMart getting $20 jeans for $5 and then heading to Kohl's to get a new winter coat for our daughter at 60% off. Both the best deals we've seen all year.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
What movie is that with Billy Crystal talking to Chewbacca? (maybe I'm not seeing it too well...)

Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs as much as we have here and I'm very glad I'm getting to stop in and visit with everyone tonight. Started the day with these:

Main Street Bakery recipe. Yum!!

Then, my daughter says (much as it pains me to type it), "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?"

And then some shenanigans on the huge hill in our back yard.

After about the 10th wipeout, it was time to come in and do some serious eating. Now, the girls have gone shopping and I am relaxing with one of my best liquid friends in front of the tube. Very thankful!
You got more snow than us. Most of ours has melted.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
For a number of years, I was a Black Friday warrior. I stopped about 5 years ago when things started to get out of hand. I have vivid recollections of being at Walmart at 5am, Staples at 6am, and Target at 7am one year. Got a TV, Nintendo DS, and a Wii for half what they were on Amazon.

Now, you generally get 20-30% off the big ticket items. The really good deals are on the little things, but I don't brave the crowds anymore. My wife is currently at WalMart getting $20 jeans for $5 and then heading to Kohl's to get a new winter coat for our daughter at 60% off. Both the best deals we've seen all year.
Online. Love online. Last year, I bought my iPod Touch online on Black Friday from Best Buy. $50 off. Well worth it. I need a bunch of stuff from Amazon, so I'm waiting for tomorrow to place a large order.

FutureCEO

Online. Love online. Last year, I bought my iPod Touch online on Black Friday from Best Buy. $50 off. Well worth it. I need a bunch of stuff from Amazon, so I'm waiting for tomorrow to place a large order.

$150 dollars of a Mac one year on Black Friday through Amazon. Lately I've been not ordering so much on Amazon. Like at all.

We are getting snow. Our first real snowfall of the season. It's only going to be like an inch or two but still.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
$150 dollars of a Mac one year on Black Friday through Amazon. Lately I've been not ordering so much on Amazon. Like at all.
I order my printer ink from them, so every time I need printer ink, I place a large order. I usually shop around and figure out if they have the best price or if someone else has the best price. My mom's and my phones came from Amazon. She got $50 off hers; I got $20 off mine. No place else offered that good a price. I also got my micro SD cards from Amazon because they were $15 a piece instead of $25. They also carry things like power cords, HDMI cables, and ethernet cords that are quality products but cost way less than Best Buy or Target. So certain things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom