The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Rosie would quit after the first day at my house! Way too much cooking. I just got the allergy list for snacks this year and I'm going to spend Monday making snack cakes. This year it's not just the usual peanuts and nuts, but this year no apples, oranges, watermelon, pineapple and quite a bit more. At least blueberries are ok I'm going to have to get a bit creative. I think I know what I'm going to do.:banghead: Today he's bringing in grapes and (nondairy) cheese
That's quite a list. Just curious, why watermelon?

MouseDreaming

Rosie would quit after the first day at my house! Way too much cooking. I just got the allergy list for snacks this year and I'm going to spend Monday making snack cakes. This year it's not just the usual peanuts and nuts, but this year no apples, oranges, watermelon, pineapple and quite a bit more. At least blueberries are ok I'm going to have to get a bit creative. I think I know what I'm going to do.:banghead: Today he's bringing in grapes and (nondairy) cheese
I am the one in who gets to police the kids. They can have tree nuts and peanuts, but for the younger kids, if there is any type of spread, they go with the nut kids to eat that item at a special table in the gym.

One mom got very upset that her kinder had wow spread with hersheys chocolate spread (most of which has nuts), and was sent to the gym to eat her sandwich. Now, it is a raging battle on FB. As I read it, all I can think is, when did Chocolate smushed between 2 pieces of bread--even if it is whole wheat--become a good lunch? Pair that with chocolate milk, and I am sure their children are delightful for the teacher in the afternoon. Mom and dad probably think that when they fall asleep on the way home, it is because they had such a busy day, and not because they are going through sugar crash.

MouseDreaming

Happy Friday! I hope all of you have some fun weekend plans! I plan on soaking up some sun, and of course tomorrow if farm market Saturday! @MinnieM123 enjoy your 4 day weekend!
Just got back from farmers mkt. myself. Tonight is the first home football game. Can't wait to see what the marching band is cooking up, besides kids. No matter what, they march in full uniform, and Real feel at game time is 93. Not too bad, but if you are wearing heavy black full uniform, with hat and gloves, phew!

Sunday DD is playing at the local Labor day festival with her school band.

And Monday is the big parade! Big cross town marching rivalry. My DS's school band has won 2 years running. I cheer for both bands, because, again, full uniforms, and really hot!

betty rose

Just got back from farmers mkt. myself. Tonight is the first home football game. Can't wait to see what the marching band is cooking up, besides kids. No matter what, they march in full uniform, and Real feel at game time is 93. Not too bad, but if you are wearing heavy black full uniform, with hat and gloves, phew!

And Monday is the big parade! Big cross town marching rivalry. My DS's school band has won 2 years running. I cheer for both bands, because, again, full uniforms, and really hot!
My niece was in marching band, and those practices in summer was brutal. Those kids deserve applause from everyone, as they work very hard!

Figgy1

Premium Member

My niece was in marching band, and those practices in summer was brutal. Those kids deserve applause from everyone, as they work very hard!
I hope all the band kids stay well hydrated and get cheered on by everyone! They so deserve it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom