The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Yes, we do indeed still do charretting... ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charrette

We used to build actual models years ago, but, haven't in about a decade.
Here are pics of one for a home and an office building we did...

View attachment 109043
View attachment 109044

Now they're all built with a 3-D program called SketchUp, that you saw the pics of in my post last night. Then, they're taken into a rendering program called Piranesi, and they turn out looking like this... :)

View attachment 109045
View attachment 109046
Those look like works of art to me. I've always loved looking at the design of buildings. I learned to appreciate the designs, by drawing local buildings in art class.

betty rose

THNX it all helps! As of now we're ahead upgrading my dh's ticket to AP and TIW will depend on how many ADRs on it we book. If on the no kids trip we don't go over 4 days it's a push to upgrade mine depending on the price increase before we leave. I'll just keep an eye on things.
Great idea, we all have experienced that things change in Disney overnight, and it can be price changes.

betty rose

I'm enjoying week one of lower food bills. Pretty quiet as I needed a bit of a break. I'm having a bit of a laugh, my dh said on the last day of our 2013 trip "I love Disney but I don't think we'll go back for 5 years". Fast forward to planning for next summer he's more involved than ever before and wants to do a no kids 2017.
Good for him. I love when hubby's want to go back to Disney!

betty rose

View attachment 109092 I ask who loads a glass into dishwasher upright?

Technically all I've said is for glasses to be put in dishwasher.
Laugh of the day ! So funny. Reminds me when Mom went to the hospital sis and I wanted to make a special meal for her return. We decided on a side of mac and cheese. We boiled the mac and put cheese on top, with nothing else. :confused::D

betty rose

O.k. So, just when you thought the world couldn't get any stranger than it is already--

Update (from the afternoon news today) on the MA officer. Are you all sitting down to read this?

The officer LIED about the incident!!! :confused: There was no shooter! :jawdrop: There was a cop who drove his cruiser into a tree or pole, and it caught on fire from the crash. Then, he shot bullets into his own cruiser!!! Then he called dispatch to tell them he had been shot at, gave a phony description of a red pickup with a guy who shot at him! :jawdrop:

How did the authorities find out this information within the past 24 hours? They ran a ballistics test of the bullets shot into the police cruiser, and found that ALL the bullets were fired from the cop's own gun!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (I mean, how STUPID of a COP to not THINK they'd run a BALLISTICS TEST???!)

So, we're all going crazy here, waiting to find out what was his real motive--was he under the influence of something and ran off the road, and tried to cover his tracks? Could the motive be that simple??

Meanwhile, he's obviously fired, and facing prosecution on a number of charges that the district attorney and police dept. are working on now. (They had even shut down the schools for 2 days, and utilized resources from the State Police and others, not to mention shaking up a small town community, who thought they had a madman shooter out there.) The part-time cop was in his 20s, and still finishing up his training from the police academy. :rolleyes:
Nutty. And stupid!

betty rose

When I was a little girl painted turtles were a top souvenirs from Florida, that and little baby gators. My cousins got a gator from my Aunt and she brought me a turtle but my Mom wouldn't let me keep it cause she said I'd get sick because the Doctor said it was germy. :( Little did I know she was right. :rolleyes:

Santa's Village should just move the activity over to this:

images
I remember the "pet rock craze". Wish it would come back, I could make a fortune, painting all the rocks I put on my yard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom