The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

DL's Space Mountain is really smooth. Matterhorn and WDW's Space Mountain are rougher. Matterhorn especially. That thing beats me up. I've been on wooden roller coasters in Hershey Park that are smoother than that thing. I'm almost too old for Matterhorn at the age of 20. :joyfull:

That's funny! I think because I grew up on Matterhorn, before roller coasters became smoother and better, we simply didn't know it wasn't supposed to be so jerky. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

That's funny! I think because I grew up on Matterhorn, before roller coasters became smoother and better, we simply didn't know it wasn't supposed to be so jerky. :rolleyes:
No that is the way roller coasters were and we weren't so soft. We were tougher and didn't get all upset when things don't go as smooth as we like. And that goes for more then roller coasters.

catmom46

No that is the way roller coasters were and we weren't so soft. We were tougher and didn't get all upset when things don't go as smooth as we like. And that goes for more then roller coasters.

So you're saying we've all turned into a bunch of these?

300px-stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

catmom46

If you don't mind me asking (and, this may have already been answered by you), why don't y'all go on those rides with DD?

Don't mind at all! We just didn't think she'd enjoy Matterhorn, as we pushed our luck with Big Thunder. She's simply not ready for big thrill rides yet (at least I'm hoping that's the reason). She did enjoy 7DMT, and she loves Test Track/Radiator Springs, so it seems those are her current limits. We did get her on TOT once - you should see the ride photo, though, as it's obvious she was not enjoying herself. But we were proud of her for going on it at least once.

And while we were able to get her on POTC before, once she saw the movies, she refused to go on the ride again. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
Yes, definitely questionable parenting on our part letting her watch them, but she did really love them once she got over the initial scariness (we'd tell her when to close her eyes at some parts). But I think Davy Jones started freaking her out as she grew older and the difference between reality and fantasy became blurred.

donaldtoo

Don't mind at all! We just didn't think she'd enjoy Matterhorn, as we pushed our luck with Big Thunder. She's simply not ready for big thrill rides yet (at least I'm hoping that's the reason). She did enjoy 7DMT, and she loves Test Track/Radiator Springs, so it seems those are her current limits. We did get her on TOT once - you should see the ride photo, though, as it's obvious she was not enjoying herself. But we were proud of her for going on it at least once.

And while we were able to get her on POTC before, once she saw the movies, she refused to go on the ride again. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
Yes, definitely questionable parenting on our part letting her watch them, but she did really love them once she got over the initial scariness (we'd tell her when to close her eyes at some parts). But I think Davy Jones started freaking her out as she grew older and the difference between reality and fantasy became blurred.

Ahhh, thanks for the answer. Now I understand. For some reason, I was thinking she was little older. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom