The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like your thought's on getting a kitten. When we adopted our adult doggie ( husband had kitty's , but became allergic to them) when he aged we noticed he spent more time sleeping under the bed. I thought he was depressed. We went to the animal shelter and got a young puppy. That little girl, brought him out of his sleeping, and they had so much fun together, playing "tug a war" with an old sock. At first the older doggie would pull the puppy around. Later when the puppy got older and bigger, she pulled around the older doggie. He was always dominate and the younger dog respected that. But the week before our older doggie passed, he let her be dominate, eating first, drinking first. It was as though he knew his time was getting short. This story still brings tears to my eyes. Thanks to all for "listening".

I have empathy for anyone who has a pet and has to watch them go downhill, toward the end. I'll just leave it there, but reading your story above, I felt your pain.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not going too bad thank you.And i hope yours goes as good.
Our Jack was the family pet (springer spaniel) and when it came time Mum and Dad couldn't do it so i had to take him to the vets by myself.when i took him for a last walk on the way there he was almost like his younger self one last time.
Dammit... now i gone get all teary again.

Sympathy like and hugs. A little ray of sunshine here, though, for you. My dog is also named Jack. He's sitting on the floor next to me, and I told him your story. He put his paw up to wave at you across the pond, and he hopes you'll eventually get another dog to love.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, when we're at WDW, someone else can do the driving, piloting, etc.. ;) :)

Gotta say that I find the transportation options at WDW to be efficient, most of the time. I know some people constantly complain, but with just a few exceptions (and I go to WDW when it's busy--not extremely busy--but close to that), their overall system is to be admired.

I like the bus drivers and the boat drivers, because you can talk to them. Mostly I'll just say hello or thank you, as they're busy and I don't want to interrupt them. But I have had a few great conversations with them (if it was a quieter time of day with only a few people on the bus or boat). They're all WDW cast members, and I enjoy them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Too many cat pics and conversation so I had to put this up

b3faa56151750ef41bb0857d15532b9a.jpg

Dogs are my favorites, too! :happy: But I have to admit that I love all critters. :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok gang I have to somebody about this or I will burst.....I just secretly booked a long weekend at WDW for hubby and I in November. He thinks that we are spending the weekend in Minneapolis! We will be staying at the Swan, it is our first time there so if anyone has any tips about it please let me know! I also have to decide if we should go to the Christmas party the night we get there or Sunday night. My only concern is that it is November so if our flight is delayed or canceled because of snow we might not get in until later and possibly miss it. Any thoughts? I'm so excited, he is going to be so surprised!:D

That's exciting!! I've stayed at the Swan multiple times over the years. It's smaller than the Dolphin and seems more relaxed to me. You'll still see Disney families, but you'll also see business people there as well. I thought it was a nice mix. They have good rates, and the only thing you won't get will be the free Magic Express bus from the airport, and the little Disney amenities in the bathroom. However, they have some wonderful soaps, etc. from their own collection (I forget the brand) that I think you'll really like.

The boat ride to either Epcot or DHS is so convenient. I love being right in the middle of the action there!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my. We've had so many pups over the years. All rescue/pound puppies.
Currenty, we have Belle and Ranger. Black lab mixes. They're great, but the one I miss the most is Indy. Tearing up as I type this. Also a pound puppy, he had a heart defect that we didn't know about until after we adopted him. But, the vet said it was just a murmur and he would be OK.
Turns out he wasn't "OK", and we lost him. The details of that day are best left unvisited here.
Anyway, here is a pic of one of the coolest pups ever...

View attachment 108307

I remember your touching tribute to Indy. Haven't forgotten.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Oh No! I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy recovery, maybe it's like getting you tonsils removed. All the ice cream you can eat, non-dairy of course. Get well soon xoxo Figgy
Thanks

Actually, I've had my tonsils out, and I hope this is better! Two weeks out of school, bled three days after the surgery, and only had about one bowl of ice cream. Could not stand anything with temperature. I ended up eating cheese curls for almost two weeks, sucking on them to make them soft. I hope this is better!:joyfull:

Figgy1

Thanks

Actually, I've had my tonsils out, and I hope this is better! Two weeks out of school, bled three days after the surgery, and only had about one bowl of ice cream. Could not stand anything with temperature. I ended up eating cheese curls for almost two weeks, sucking on them to make them soft. I hope this is better!:joyfull:
Sympathy like! Me too! I still have all my original parts, my knees have been fixed but still original.:hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

He's not much to look at the man not the dog. But OMG he's amazing in concert!
About fifteen years ago a coworker and her son saw him in the Grand Floridian lobby of all places. He was wearing a baseball cap and had a small beard but they figured out who it was. Tyler was so nice to them because they figured out the little ruse that they got autographs and pics with him. Honestly after seeing the pictures I would never have recognized him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom