The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Mrs. Dash rocks!! :D Even if someone isn't a very good chef, all you have to do is sprinkle on Mrs. Dash and it makes so many dishes taste great (veggies and chicken in particular). I use it a lot, and also there's no salt in it at all. :)
I love Mrs. Dash, especially the onion and herb one. The red peppers in it, gives a little kick too foods. I use it on meat in the crockpot!

MOXOMUMD

my TV just turned on by itself :cautious:
"They're baacck!"

Swear on a Bible this happened to me. One night my daughter (who was 1 1/2) was sleeping with me for the night. Around 2 a.m. my tv kicked on, she sat straight up and said "They're back!" then laid down and was instantly asleep. That was the fastest I ever turned the tv off! It scared me for a minute until I thought about it I was :jawdrop:. 1. She's never seen that movie (I haven't since it came out) and 2. she didn't talk well at that age but she said that crystal clear. Freaky, huh?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good afternoon @MinnieM123! How's your long weekend going so far?

For the most part, it's great! Weather has improved (cooler, lower humidity), enjoyed walking outdoors, went to beauty parlor, shopping, etc. Friday night, we went out to eat (seafood). :hungry:

So, here's one of those odd dilemmas . . . ever try to do something nice and it absolutely backfires?

Well, this afternoon, we had a brief electrical storm and the satellite went out. I always ask hubby to help me fix the tv when that happens (which actually isn't all that often, that the signal goes out).

Hence, I thought I'd try to fix it myself this time and surprise him. I fumbled around with the remote and also soft-booted the receiver twice. Nothing. Then I completely unplugged the receiver from the wall for about 5 minutes and replugged it in. Direct TV went through its diagnostics and voila! The got the tv back on again! :) I was so excited, that I ran upstairs to tell hubby that I fixed it all by myself.

He paused for a moment, and then said, "You used to ask me to fix it for you. Guess I'm not needed anymore." He looked sad. Ugh. Now I feel like a crumb . . .

catmom46

For the most part, it's great! Weather has improved (cooler, lower humidity), enjoyed walking outdoors, went to beauty parlor, shopping, etc. Friday night, we went out to eat (seafood). :hungry:

So, here's one of those odd dilemmas . . . ever try to do something nice and it absolutely backfires?

Well, this afternoon, we had a brief electrical storm and the satellite went out. I always ask hubby to help me fix the tv when that happens (which actually isn't all that often, that the signal goes out).

Hence, I thought I'd try to fix it myself this time and surprise him. I fumbled around with the remote and also soft-booted the receiver twice. Nothing. Then I completely unplugged the receiver from the wall for about 5 minutes and replugged it in. Direct TV went through its diagnostics and voila! The got the tv back on again! :) I was so excited, that I ran upstairs to tell hubby that I fixed it all by myself.

He paused for a moment, and then said, "You used to ask me to fix it for you. Guess I'm not needed anymore." He looked sad. Ugh. Now I feel like a crumb . . .

Awww, poor fellow likes to feel needed! There must be something else he can fix. Perhaps a foot massage, drawing you a nice bubble bath, breakfast in bed? ;)

betty rose

"They're baacck!"

Swear on a Bible this happened to me. One night my daughter (who was 1 1/2) was sleeping with me for the night. Around 2 a.m. my tv kicked on, she sat straight up and said "They're back!" then laid down and was instantly asleep. That was the fastest I ever turned the tv off! It scared me for a minute until I thought about it I was :jawdrop:. 1. She's never seen that movie (I haven't since it came out) and 2. she didn't talk well at that age but she said that crystal clear. Freaky, huh?
I had one of those crazy experiences. Hubby was out of town. I know this was a dream, but it seemed sooo real. I dreamed that 3 skinny aliens came through the window, and floated me back out through the window, with them. Went into a space ship with really big windows. We flew over houses and could somehow see inside. Then I was back in my bed awake. A few seconds later my TV came on, but it was all static! I must have eaten spicy food before bed.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom