The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Now they are saying that a few years ago he killed a black bear here that was out of the approved hunting zone and lied about where it was shot...
So, this guy as a trend of lying when hunting illegally... lovely...
Reminds me of that guy who killed an endangered rhino for "preservation".

Thats like having unprotected sex orgies to "cure" aids.

Goofyernmost

Geez. There seems to be more outrage around here over the lion than when people get slaughtered by murderers and terrorists on a daily basis. I guess we are all just used to people getting killed that we are numb to it.
Very good point... but they probably had it coming to them. Possibly cut a line at WDW or chanted or something. To my knowledge the Lion did nothing including pool hopping.
For those not paying attention... that was sarcasm.

Cesar R M

Agreed. Heartbreaking, and senseless, cruel behavior. (As a side note, the cost of the hunt for this creep was around $50,000. FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS -- that's a whole year's salary for many people, who put that money to far better use, by putting food on their tables, taking care of themselves and/or their families, paying taxes,utilities, rent/mortgage, etc.) Makes me sick.
he's a dentist.. he probably earns that every week.

Cesar R M

That they lured him onto grounds where they could hunt him broke my heart because, to me, it illustrates he was trusting of humans and that, for me, exudes an innocence when animals trust us. Maybe I'm misinterpreting why he allowed himself to be lured off protected ground but if I'm not, then to kill or murder something that trusts you are safe just adds another despicable layer to this story.
Considering that lions can be one of the most chill creatures of the feline group (they hardly attack.. they sleep almost all day). I wonder why they still put him as "top" in the hunting priority for pseudo "macho" hunters.

Cesar R M

I have read good things about 10, but I am still afraid to take the leap!
well, so far I dont like that you have to constantly switch between tablet mode and desktop mode.
I mean.. in desktop mode there is no touch enabled, but you have the desktop interface..
in tablet mode, you lose the desktop and get metro type apps working at 100% with touch.
Ill try the hybrid mode soon.

another thing I always hate is.. the "suggestions" and default installed things by Microsoft.
I do not like to see crappy local news of new york! why you ask for my location if you're not giving me local or area news?

I have read good things about 10, but I am still afraid to take the leap!
Id say hang on at least 3 months until all bugs are ironed out.
At least its free for a year. so you can upgrade anytime.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know - I need to figure out how to get back into the countdown!! :D

I talked to my oldest BFF since my youth yesterday, good friends that don't get to see each other much (life). They left for WDW today. All three of her kids are married now, one with a 2 1/2 year old. They went to Disney as often if not more than we did as our kids grew up and also did those Marching Band and Choir spring trips but have not been back in a long long time. The entire family is heading to Disney for a week plus trip (4 went early to also hit Universal) The baby told my BFF Grandma I'm going to show you around Disney World cause I've been there 3 times already. :joyfull:So happy for them. They are staying in a DVC, the DD has points at both AK & Contemporary. Wish I were going with them all. :)

Cesar R M

holy carp! we're getting hurricane like winds.
very strong thunderstorm going on as well.

I wonder who in the right mind would take off ( a plane was almost hit by a lightning strike ) with a climate like this.
but considering the unusual climb speed. I bet they put the engines to the max to get away pronto.

catmom46

I talked to my oldest BFF since my youth yesterday, good friends that don't get to see each other much (life). They left for WDW today. All three of her kids are married now, one with a 2 1/2 year old. They went to Disney as often if not more than we did as our kids grew up and also did those Marching Band and Choir spring trips but have not been back in a long long time. The entire family is heading to Disney for a week plus trip (4 went early to also hit Universal) The baby told my BFF Grandma I'm going to show you around Disney World cause I've been there 3 times already. :joyfull:So happy for them. They are staying in a DVC, the DD has points at both AK & Contemporary. Wish I were going with them all. :)

Aw, how cute! We stayed at both AK & BLT on our recent trip - loved both of them, but loved BLT more. :inlove:

catmom46

holy carp! we're getting hurricane like winds.
very strong thunderstorm going on as well.

I wonder who in the right mind would take off ( a plane was almost hit by a lightning strike ) with a climate like this.
but considering the unusual climb speed. I bet they put the engines to the max to get away pronto.

Hope it doesn't get too bad! I thought you said it might rain a little today?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Id say hang on at least 3 months until all bugs are ironed out.
At least its free for a year. so you can upgrade anytime.

Thanks for this. I knew it was a limited time upgrade but never heard the time frame. I'll wait a bit. While I am anxious for this one to be gone, I am not overly computer savvy so waiting a bit for me would be wise.

MOXOMUMD

HTTYD2 was more like a hit on your "feels". :/
Its one of these movies that hit you so hard that makes it hard to watch again.

Reminds me of the part of Bunnymund in Rise of the Guardians.. when .
Sandie "dies" and Bunnymund loses most of his powers.
True, I saw ROTG in the theater and when the first part of your spoiler happened I was like "Whoa, whoa,whoa, that ain't right!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom