The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I love this one, too:

e8cf04e3f67c4360afcbc37d0dcaf303.jpg
:hilarious::hilarious:

betty rose

Sympathy like! Is it all tea that you can't have? Can you have rooibos sp? It's not the same plant, similar taste but a bit on the sweet side.
I'm not sure, I have never heard of that kind of tea. No sweetener to add, sounds great! It usually only takes one or two glasses to tell. Thanks for suggesting something I can look for...maybe a health food store? I haven't shopped for tea, for a long time. I'm not sure what is out in the market.:happy:

betty rose

Yes, that is the best, no side effects. The meds make you, at the very least, feel weird (other than excedrin, which really doesn't have any side effects), and in my case, they make me fall asleep. I do occasionally have to use the meds (though if I do, it's a good bet I'm getting sick) but other than Excedrin, they're not my first line of defense, which is good. I'm just glad I've got something that works. My poor aunt, who is the worst saddled with the migraines out of all of us (it's me, my grandmother, who was just recently diagnosed with a rare migraine form that actually is painless, aunt, and hers and my dad's younger half sister, plus I believe my cousin as well) cannot find a medication that works. For her, it's ibuprofen and bed, and sometimes it's so bad that she can't sleep. So I'm very fortunate that something natural works well for me. Senior year of high school, I had them very badly. I would go to the nurse, and she would take one look at me and hand me my Excedrin. I wish I knew then what I knew now.
One benefit for me was menopause, I only occasionally , get a migraine. Coffee along with meds really help. It's the caffeine. If I remember correctly, Excedrin used to have caffeine in it.

betty rose

Though I'm pretty sure no one here is drinking 16 cups of tea of day. o_O

On a side note...I love black tea. Earl Grey, English breakfast, Irish breakfast. Rooibos which is a red tea but we'll just add that in. I tried green tea and camomile and didn't like it. Peanuts are a weakness of mine also.

As for coffee, I have k-cups but as soon as my current batch runs out. I don't think I'm buying more. Which leaves me coffeeless. I also hate Dunkin Donuts coffee....too watery and light, which I go by 50 of them on the way to work.
I get crystals after just one glass of tea, it depends on the person, as to tolerances.

catmom46

One benefit for me was menopause, I only occasionally , get a migraine. Coffee along with meds really help. It's the caffeine. If I remember correctly, Excedrin used to have caffeine in it.

My benefit was having a child apparently. While I was pregnant I would get the migraine aura, but not the pain. After she was born, the pain gradually returned, but never back to full force. Now I can just take motrin once an aura hits and pretty much avoid any pain. Before it was completely debilitating and sleep was the only solution, so I'm happy for this trade-off!

catmom46

Yes, that is the best, no side effects. The meds make you, at the very least, feel weird (other than excedrin, which really doesn't have any side effects), and in my case, they make me fall asleep. I do occasionally have to use the meds (though if I do, it's a good bet I'm getting sick) but other than Excedrin, they're not my first line of defense, which is good. I'm just glad I've got something that works. My poor aunt, who is the worst saddled with the migraines out of all of us (it's me, my grandmother, who was just recently diagnosed with a rare migraine form that actually is painless, aunt, and hers and my dad's younger half sister, plus I believe my cousin as well) cannot find a medication that works. For her, it's ibuprofen and bed, and sometimes it's so bad that she can't sleep. So I'm very fortunate that something natural works well for me. Senior year of high school, I had them very badly. I would go to the nurse, and she would take one look at me and hand me my Excedrin. I wish I knew then what I knew now.

Wow, I had no idea there's a painless migraine. Does that mean she only gets the auras?

catmom46

The photo you saw was just a stock photo that @donaldtoo found. The funny thing is that the dog in that photo actually looks a bit like my bathtub-loving dog! :D

Hee-hee. Yep, I figured that wasn't the actual dog since Donald posted it. That would've been extreme dedication to authenticity for him to get over to your place to take the pic and then post it! :)

Although a bit eerie that he picked a photo of a similar-looking doggie…perhaps a duck is watching us after all? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom