The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

James and I were only two points apart
View attachment 817132 He rented from Blockbuster with his own money, first Disney camera he used a film camera, grandparents still have a phone with a cord, dh has a boom box he uses when doing outdoor chores, he has a VHS player.............................................
I scored at least 21 points. What size of a floppy disk is that list talking about? The public schools I attended had 5.25 inch floppy disks.

I am disappointed there is not an option for using a vehicles cassette tape player. I am saying this because when I was growing up, my mom had a van that had cassette player built in.

I am also disappointed that the signs of getting old didn't include rolling up vehicle windows by turning a hand crank.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 817132 He rented from Blockbuster with his own money, first Disney camera he used a film camera, grandparents still have a phone with a cord, dh has a boom box he uses when doing outdoor chores, he has a VHS player.............................................

Have done all but the AOL account and the MySpace account.

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
All but AOL. And Columbia House (don't even know what that is )

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Should we talk about my parents, who still have an AOL account, didn't get rid of dial up until 2009, and make ME write checks to reimburse them rather than using Venmo like the rest of the world? 🙄

Figgy1

Should we talk about my parents, who still have an AOL account, didn't get rid of dial up until 2009, and make ME write checks to reimburse them rather than using Venmo like the rest of the world? 🙄
Dial up was gone the day our street could get it. James only knows it because the grandparents had it longer than your parents. He was old enough to set everything including the router up for them. Precocious little ........................

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I had him by myself, so I really didn't have a choice. He told me to just do the Mark Twain in Disneyland.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll still be there in January.
Relax this is Disney we're talking about. They'll take through the next two January's before they even award a contract to anyone to actually do the work. Plus I bet there is a lot of internal upset about that plan so it might require a number of reviews as well.

Goofyernmost

Columbia House was a mail order service that you bought stuff like CDS. I am saying this because my dad used them when my younger brother and I where growing up for buying music cds.
I had all but 2. My space and Play an Atari.

Columbia House goes back a long way. My Father and even myself bought LP's and cassette's from them via the "Record Club".

My First Cadillac had a built in Cassette Player I also had an adaptor to play CD's but it was awkward to use if alone because it only played one at a time and required looking at it to put the CD in it. I remember my second Cadillac came equipped with a CD player that allowed 5 or 6, don't remember which, CD's that could be stacked in the unit located in the glove compartment but you had to know what you wanted to listen to before you headed out, because you had to sit in the passenger seat to load whatever CD's you wanted to listen too. My first VW after that had a built in CD player. My current VW has either a flash drive (which I never use) and a SD card port for music. I love the SD card. I have about 30+ albums on it at this point which I have transferred from my computer to the card. It is amazing. The actual storage part of it is half the size of a postage stamp and I have used only 30% of it's capacity. On it I have close to all the Beatles albums, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Billy Joel, Ray Charles, The Beach Boys, Mama's & Pappa's, The Monkeys, The Statler Bros. and many more. Even a WDW theme music album. The quality is great and everything I want to hear is permanently plugged into the system on that tiny stamp sized card.

I don't know if the SD Card is a common thing in cars at this point as I have never seen another car with that type of audio system but now I wouldn't buy another car without it. I know it is possible to do a music list via my phone. The system has Bluetooth as most do now. My car is 5 years old and I'm sure that new things have arrived since I bought that one.

Goofyernmost

Hey. Your only as old as the colo(u)r and style of car you drive 😉
FTFY

Side note: I am so bored with current car colors. 99% of the current cars I see locally are either Black, or various shades of Gray, or White. I know I'm old but I loved the colors of cars of the 50's and 60's. Especially the 50's which were a rainbow of colors. Two and three tones on the same car and enough chrome to fill an Olympic swimming pool. And they didn't look like boring boxes. The cars had design and it changed every year. I did a quiz on line recently asking if we could name the car just by a picture with no identifying labels or names. I could identify almost every American Car and some European just by the body style. It was easy to pick out a Ford or a GM or a Chrysler and even the year.

Back a couple months ago I had a Battery take it's last breath while parked in a very full parking lot of the Cracker Barrel and when I called AAA for help that asked me exactly where it was parked and I just told them not to worry because with all those cars (it was lunch time) it was the only car with any life affirming color (Red) in the lot. All the rest were the same color boxes I just named above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom