The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I just can’t believe watching that happen. It’s awful.
X2 prayers
Prayers to the families and souls (6) that were lost in the Key bridge incident. Hard working immigrants from Central America working overnight. It was immigrants that worked on the bridge when the ship crashed into it and it will be no doubt be hard working immigrants to rebuild the Key bridge. RIP.

StarWarsGirl

I hope that the existence of a MLB team in DC is never a consideration in whether the O's stay in Baltimore. There's more than enough population to support both teams. It would be horrible to see a franchise with that much history tied to one city leave that city.

If there's a team that should look to move, IMO it should first be the Nationals. That franchise was the Expos before, a franchise that always struggled since its beginning in 1969. From my experience living in DC, a notoriously transitory population with a high percentage of its residents not from the area, many people go see pro sports teams in DC to see their favorite teams from wherever they're from. With MLB interleague play, that can still be done going to see the Orioles via Amtrak. IMO, the Nationals franchise would have better long term prospects if they moved to Charlotte, Nashville, or whichever high population/long time MLB-wannabe upper south location MLB is interested in. DC has not had much luck keeping pro teams in DC, in any sport.

I have never feared the Reds leaving Cincinnati because of their long history there, the great fan base spread over 5 states, and GABP replacing the horrid Riverfront Stadium (one of the cookie cutters from the 60's and 70's). I do still fear the Bungles leaving Cincinnati because they have never won a Superbowl in their 55 years of existence, and because their ownership, the Brown family, is terrible. The Bungles fan base, of which I have to admit to being a member, is not the same quality as the Reds fan base. They also have a very nice stadium, though they don't deserve it. They've been better of late since Mike Brown let his daughter and her family take the reins more in personnel decisions, but I'm afraid they could backslide again if they don't put a better O line in front of Burrow and let them finally win a Superbowl sometime in his career. Fortunately for Bungles fans, LA has regained their 2 teams (I really thought a Bungles move to LA was imminent about 5-7 years ago), and Nashville and Charlotte, otherwise prime candidates for a franchise relatively nearby, each already have teams. St. Louis, though, is teamless. The Brown family, though not as bad as Irsay or Art Modell, have been among the NFL's most inept ownership family since the Bungles formed. Paul Brown may have coached the Bungles when they first formed, but his family seem to not understand football like he did, and he died when the Bungles were still a new franchise, so he never put his stamp on the team like he did with the Cleveland Browns. I hope the Bungles stick to Cincy, but if they don't get a ring or two soon to keep their fan base coming to games, that may be a tall order.
I agree with you about the Nationals. The issue with them is when they moved in, so many fans were long time O's fans that they weren't changing. Interleague play is always a joke; far more O's fans than Nats. O's fans basically overtake Nationals Park when there's interleague play.

Browns fans are still salty that the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. 😂

Grimley1968

I agree with you about the Nationals. The issue with them is when they moved in, so many fans were long time O's fans that they weren't changing. Interleague play is always a joke; far more O's fans than Nats. O's fans basically overtake Nationals Park when there's interleague play.

Browns fans are still salty that the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. 😂

I went to a Bungles-Browns game after Cleveland was awarded the expansion Browns. Even though we were obviously Bungles fans, some Browns fans let us tour a Browns Mobile (there's a mutual respect between the two fan bases due to Paul Brown being involved with both teams). It was basically a school bus that had been converted into a Browns fan bus, and of course painted Brown. They had installed a toilet stall in the middle of the bus, and at the bottom of the toilet bowl was a photo of Art Modell with his mouth wide open. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We all need to celebrate that the Mets are UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
champagne GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom