The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

There may or may not be a large bottle of wine wrapped in the blanketS with me:angelic:

Tony the Tigger

OK, I'm a little bit nuts today. After Brian went to work at 6PM for his overnight shift, I was quite nuts. First time completely alone in that house since 2010.

So I may be doing impulsive things, but whatever. B has a new job starting on the 24th. His last day at his current job is the 22nd. He is working this week overnights Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I've asked if he can switch Wednesday for Tuesday, but don't know if that's possible. Assuming not, he'd get home Thursday morning 8am and be very tired.

I'm trying to book a WDW visit sometime between Thursday and Sunday (between his two jobs) because he'll have less leeway getting time off from the new one.

I *need* a Disney trip right now.

Kind of wanted to do something special - maybe a deluxe, maybe club level (probably not but one can dream.) We need a break from reality. And it can sort of feel like she's home with the sitter. I know that's not rational, and I know it's a passing feeling. I'll deal with this in my own way and in my own time. I was good last night, we went out for a bit, very late. Today I was worse.

So...AKL is like $476 per night at both Kidani and Jambo with Savannah view. I don't know which is better! I think we stayed at Kidani once. That price tag is high, even though I'd be paying with points, I don't want to deplete the points too much. CBR is about half that price depending on the days I pick. CBR had been our favorite resort at one point, and we were never allowed to bring Kylie there, but I still think we'd think of her more there vs someplace we don't go often. I like the idea of being with the animals.

It's a last minute booking, so prices are up there. I know that.

I just want out of this house until I can process. I left and went out again tonight. (Not really "out" but at the kava bar near my store with my laptop where I do my work and distract myself.)

Knowing me, I'll probably end up at CBR or something just a little more expensive. But I'm seriously weighing AKL, maybe we'll do a split stay to make it affordable. Any opinions on Kidani vs Jambo?

Figgy1

OK, I'm a little bit nuts today. After Brian went to work at 6PM for his overnight shift, I was quite nuts. First time completely alone in that house since 2010.

So I may be doing impulsive things, but whatever. B has a new job starting on the 24th. His last day at his current job is the 22nd. He is working this week overnights Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I've asked if he can switch Wednesday for Tuesday, but don't know if that's possible. Assuming not, he'd get home Thursday morning 8am and be very tired.

I'm trying to book a WDW visit sometime between Thursday and Sunday (between his two jobs) because he'll have less leeway getting time off from the new one.

Kind of wanted to do something special - maybe a deluxe, maybe club level (probably not but one can dream.) We need a break from reality. And it can sort of feel like she's home with the sitter. I know that's not rational, and I know it's a passing feeling. I'll deal with this in my own way and in my own time. I was good last night, we went out for a bit, very late. Today I was worse.

So...AKL is like $476 per night at both Kidani and Jambo with Savannah view. I don't know which is better! I think we stayed at Kidani once. That price tag is high, even though I'd be paying with points, I don't want to deplete the points too much. CBR is about half that price depending on the days I pick. CBR had been our favorite resort at one point, and we were never allowed to bring Kylie there, but I still think we'd think of her more there vs someplace we don't go often. I like the idea of being with the animals.

I just want out of this house until I can process. I left and went out again tonight. (Not really "out" but at the kava bar near my store with my laptop where I do my work and distract myself.)

Knowing me, I'll probably end up at CBR or something just a little more expensive. But I'm seriously weighing AKL, maybe we'll do a split stay to make it affordable. Any opinions on Kidani vs Jambo?
{{HUGS}} never stayed at either but eaten at both several times I'd go with Jambo because it's more themed and has one of the best qs on property, lounge isn't half bad either. For a short stay imho you should splurge because you don't know when you'll have the chance to do it again. That and you both deserve and need a little something extra nice. It's on my bucket list for a resort only get away

Tony the Tigger

{{HUGS}} never stayed at either but eaten at both several times I'd go with Jambo because it's more themed and has one of the best qs on property, lounge isn't half bad either. For a short stay imho you should splurge because you don't know when you'll have the chance to do it again. That and you both deserve and need a little something extra nice. It's on my bucket list for a resort only get away
So $700 for club level. Figgy said so!

If you rationalize it, that’s $100 per person per day - for breakfast, beer, snacks, and privacy. Doesn’t sound terrible. And with our passes, we won’t be able to go to the parks on the weekend, so we need an “event” resort.

We’d have to probably cut it to Friday/Saturday and stay offsite the first night. Hmm…

Figgy1

So $700 for club level. Figgy said so!

If you rationalize it, that’s $100 per person per day - for breakfast, beer, snacks, and privacy. Doesn’t sound terrible. And with our passes, we won’t be able to go to the parks on the weekend, so we need an “event” resort.

We’d have to probably cut it to Friday/Saturday and stay offsite the first night. Hmm…
Just ignore the person in your suitcase:angelic:

Figgy1

Jesus just took away the $500 option, so it's looking like $700 for club level savannah view AKL vs. something like $200-$300 for Coronado or CBR. This is messing with my cheapness lol. That's like an extra $800 over 2 nights. Hmm...
I live for Can Can and usually have coupons for it but you'll never have to leave AKL between club level and qs, Coronado or CBR maybe not so much

Tony the Tigger

I live for Can Can and usually have coupons for it but you'll never have to leave AKL between club level and qs, Coronado or CBR maybe not so much
Fair point - but the real prize I'm' saving up for is the Disney cruise to the Mediterranean. I need good pizza!! So I don't want too much of a setback from this little escape trip.

I'd rather do a less expensive room (and I'm annoyed that they're expensive because of booking time) and then splurge all over the place.

But I haven't booked anything yet, so anything can happen.

And Brian just texted he switched his schedule and will be off on Wednesday (meaning getting home from work Wednesday morning 8am.) I would not feel bad carting him up there later in the day to an off-site room and then getting a room Thurs/Fri. Checking again...

Lilofan

Nice and cool temps -- enjoy! That's similar to the pleasant temp outside up here -- we're at 20 now. :happy:
My former classmates that live in the San Francisco Bay Area are glad they live in constant windy cool but not so cold temps. It is pretty much year round 50s/60s high, 40s low with no AC just heat in their homes.

Cesar R M

Are you renting points I guess? Because 476 USD per night sounds insane right now.

Man, I remember the time I got a deal of 90 plus taxes (around 120 USD per night) a bunch of years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom