The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Warner Brothers is doing Wonka and did the last Willy Wonka movie. Not Disney.
OK, then let me rephrase that.. Why in the hell would anyone feel that we need yet another Wonka movie. It's sad to think that the entertainment industry is so completely void in any imagination that they have to redo the same story over and over and over. I blame the advent of the James Bond and Pirates series for starting this brain dead habit. Or maybe it's the public that is brain dead. I can understand when the "creatives" feel that they can do something better, but they had perfection with the first one when it comes to Wonka.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
OK, then let me rephrase that.. Why in the hell would anyone feel that we need yet another Wonka movie. It's sad to think that the entertainment industry is so completely void in any imagination that they have to redo the same story over and over and over. I blame the advent of the James Bond and Pirates series for starting this brain dead habit. Or maybe it's the public that is brain dead. I can understand when the "creatives" feel that they can do something better, but they had perfection with the first one when it comes to Wonka.

I think this is supposed to be more about the back story of how Willy Wonka became the chocolate makers. I haven't ever seen the Willy Wonka movies (either version) before but I read the books that they are based on. I'm guess I have seen bits of the movies, but never watched them all the way through. The movies never appealed to me because I loved the books as a kid, I didn't think the movies would measure up. I am a little interested in this new movie though, it doesn't seem as wacky in promos as bits I've seen of the other two.

Figgy1

Breaking news: I am drinking fruit punch.

tv show gay GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom