The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Well, that was a disappointment. Coming from New England, I'm really picky about my lobster. Whether served in the shell, or in a lobster roll, it's really delish when it's fresh. The sandwich you had at CHH didn't look appealing at all. :cautious:

Yea, I had high hopes, but, it just wasn't any good...at all.
Which is surprising, as everything else I've ever had from CHH has been great...fish, shrimp, etc.
Guess I'll just stick with those, from now on...!!! :)

Cesar R M

My brother is outside wandering around in shorts and a T-shirt. It's 57 degrees.

I'm like
ken thompson cuckoo GIF by BBC
That is a very common sight lately here.
Quite a few people in shorts and even sports shirts during the rain/cold.

Cesar R M

OK, so after the photo shoot, we needed food.
CHH was the choice, as I wanted to try the much raved about lobster roll.
The couple at the small table in the first pic was originally at the big round table in the middle of that second floor area, and 2 of us were originally at that small table, while the others were getting the food and drink. Once the rest of our crew came up, they quickly volunteered their table (we didn’t ask), so we had enough room…how sweet…!!! :)
Anyway, the lobster roll should be renamed the blahster roll…definitely one of the most boring food items I’ve ever half-eaten in my life. I tried a few pieces of lobster by themselves and it was just totally flavorless. The only thing that had slight flavor to it was the actual roll itself, which had a bit of a buttery garlic flavor. Such a disappointment. I was the only one who ordered it, and, fortunately, everyone else enjoyed their meal choices.

View attachment 747811View attachment 747810

Then, we went to East Center Street/Market Street to have Emmy and Audrey’s silhouettes made.
No pics, as I forgot to get ‘em before they packed ‘em up :facepalm:, but, we and the girls all loved ‘em…!!! :)

View attachment 747819View attachment 747820

After that, we took a ride on the TTA PeopleMover, and the SM lights were on…!!! :)

View attachment 747821View attachment 747822View attachment 747823View attachment 747824View attachment 747825
I have to agree with the Lobster roll... in my case the bread was soggy and soft and the lobster roll barely had mayonnaise or condiments.
I started to just eat the seafood platter with shrimp on it.
btw, did you know that they pretty much eliminated the shrimp platter to put the chicken combo?
aka to get shrimp you have to pay more x_X

Or did they bring it back?

Cesar R M

Wasn't lobster hundreds of years ago I read was peasant food fed to prisoners, poor and animals ? Now lobster is luxury food for those that can afford it and even find it to eat and buy. I'm a crawfish boil guy, open it up , suck the spicy hot juices , brains, and meat ! Best crawfish boil is in LA and also Houston TX. Have to wear an adult bib because its a messy experience.
Yeah the story is kind of funny.
They used to feed prisoners with it. Because they were everywhere and could damage fish nets.

Then someone did something that made a large swat of lobster to die. .. making it scarce and thus more expensive.
Then some chef somewhere made recipes with lobster to the rich, therefore it became an staple for fancy people.

Correct me if I'm wrong XD

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo , glad that the family all arrived home safely. I'm enjoying the updates of your WDW trip. By the way, you had a great eye to spot the hidden Mickey nutcracker, in the last scene of Carousel of Progress! I never had a clue it was even there!!

You all fit in quite a few attractions, etc., in the time you were down there. Nice photos -- looks like everyone was having fun!

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , glad that the family all arrived home safely. I'm enjoying the updates of your WDW trip. By the way, you had a great eye to spot the hidden Mickey nutcracker, in the last scene of Carousel of Progress! I never had a clue it was even there!!

You all fit in quite a few attractions, etc., in the time you were down there. Nice photos -- looks like everyone was having fun!

Thanks, Minnie…!!! :)
We flew different airlines both ways. Megan, Daniel, Emmy and Audrey flew Delta because they had a buncha’ points, and myself, Carolyn, Sarah and Matt flew American. We usually fly Southwest, but, Carolyn found a really good deal on American.
Their flight out of MCO Sunday morning was at 6a, ours was at 8a.
No issues for either of us, except for the us almost goin’ to South Korea thing outta’ DFW…!!!!! :hilarious:;)

I’ve actually known about that Hidden Mickey for years, but, I can’t remember how I learned about it…?!!! 🤔🤷‍♂️:)

And yes, we all had a lot of fun, and an awesome time…!!! :)
Still cracks me up how Emmy went from Barnstormer to BTMR only a little while later, and then we had to do it again…!!!!! 😅
On our Epcot day, there was another ride she wanted to do again, but, we had other things scheduled…!!! ;)😅

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Yeah the story is kind of funny.
They used to feed prisoners with it. Because they were everywhere and could damage fish nets.

Then someone did something that made a large swat of lobster to die. .. making it scarce and thus more expensive.
Then some chef somewhere made recipes with lobster to the rich, therefore it became an staple for fancy people.

Correct me if I'm wrong XD
Ah maybe that's why I don't like lobster.

Food for peasants.
Queen Beyonce GIF

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Off to our 11a ‘Ohana Character Breakfast on Thursday morning…bus to MK, then Resort Monorail to the Poly, and Emmy and Audrey loved their first Monorail ride…!!! :)
OMG -- what a spread!! That breakfast looks delish!

By the way, Audrey looks so happy in all the trip photos. She's so little, that I had wondered how she reacted to all the different sights and sounds of the parks, etc., but she seemed to have adjusted to all of it quite well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom