The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
They bumped his rate up from 10 cents a minute to 25 cents a minute, so based on his usage, it was cheaper. AT&T has an annual prepaid plan where it's $100 something a year, so he went with that.

What was funny was on Thanksgiving, he was telling my uncle-who's-not-my-uncle about how he doesn't use a cell phone, maybe he would if her were younger, etc. Well, every time we go to WDW, I've been sneaking pictures of him using the phone to text to his sister, and so I had a bunch saved there. So across the room, I text my uncle those pictures. My uncle just laughed and told him me via text he was full of it.
Laugh all you will but I have a prepaid plan, but at least mine includes text and data. I don't talk a lot on my phone, mostly connect to the wi fi and even with all the texting I do I rarely run out

Goofyernmost

Laugh all you will but I have a prepaid plan, but at least mine includes text and data. I don't talk a lot on my phone, mostly connect to the wi fi and even with all the texting I do I rarely run out
Listen, don't take this the wrong way, but when you describe all you cook and what you cook as well as your cell phone dependability, especially when you live in and area of NJ that from the best I can figure is closer to 1790 than 2023. All I can ever picture is someone in a kitchen that has a giant fireplace where all the food is prepared and outside you have a cave where you store canned goods and even meats in the winter.

1680105739021.png

StarWarsGirl

Oh, I have prepaid too, but it's on Verizon. It's still cheaper to pay for my phone on a payment plan and have my prepaid through them than on a contract. But at least it's not a per cent a minute plan in 2023. 🤣

Cesar R M

They bumped his rate up from 10 cents a minute to 25 cents a minute, so based on his usage, it was cheaper. AT&T has an annual prepaid plan where it's $100 something a year, so he went with that.

What was funny was on Thanksgiving, he was telling my uncle-who's-not-my-uncle about how he doesn't use a cell phone, maybe he would if her were younger, etc. Well, every time we go to WDW, I've been sneaking pictures of him using the phone to text to his sister, and so I had a bunch saved there. So across the room, I text my uncle those pictures. My uncle just laughed and told him me via text he was full of it.
Caught in the act, hu? XD

Sounds like he just wants to avoid nosy or annoying family members XD

Cesar R M

So what does it means on a video call on Teams if I can see the interviewer and she can't see me.

And I know the obvious answer is to check if the video is working. But got into the interview the first time and then she couldn't reconnect me to the interview.

I assume you can see yourself in your own screen during call? Aka video of yourself is working and received by the TEAMS program?
I also assume that she never could see anything from your screen at all? or only a black screen? or she gets errors?

When you say "could not reconnect". You mean since it was failing you tried to disconnect and reconnect again?
Because that sounds like an issue of bandwidth and connection from her side.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, I have prepaid too, but it's on Verizon. It's still cheaper to pay for my phone on a payment plan and have my prepaid through them than on a contract. But at least it's not a per cent a minute plan in 2023. 🤣
I have a set amount of minutes per month and roll over quite a few every month. Same with texts and I have enough data James could probably do the next several semesters with that

Cesar R M

In other news... It's still funny how my Puss in Boots dancing on the RCCL ships (before the dreamworks agreement collapsed with RCCL) got super popular.
The movie surely got the "puss in boots" keyword very up in ranking and I got like 2000 views just this month.

FutureCEO

I assume you can see yourself in your own screen during call? Aka video of yourself is working and received by the TEAMS program?
I also assume that she never could see anything from your screen at all? or only a black screen? or she gets errors?

When you say "could not reconnect". You mean since it was failing you tried to disconnect and reconnect again?
Because that sounds like an issue of bandwidth and connection from her side.

Yes love when things are not my fault

wdwfan4ver

My boys would love that but I'm not going because snow, cold and I don't mix besides I'm broke after ordering the meat for Easter
I am not surprised after ordering the meat since we know how your boys get.

As far as the weather, Saturday seems to be the last day of snow based on the 2 week forecast I've seen online for southeastern Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am not surprised after ordering the meat since we know how younger boys get.

As far as the weather, Saturday seems to be the last day of snow based on the 2 week forecast I've seen online for southeastern Wisconsin.
We have 12 pounds of boneless pork butt, 6 pounds of sausage and a turkey going on the smoker. At least the turkey was "free", as in spending :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: to qualify. They're still debating if they "need" onion bombs

93boomer

Premium Member
I took the job at the first place I interviewed. That interview took 45 minutes and was quite comprehensive. They asked really good questions and answered mine. They not only asked what I had done previously, but things like what my ideal employer looks like, what I need in a job. I was able to tell them all the things I missed at my previous job (though I didn't say I didn't get that at that job), like that I need to feel like what I'm doing is important and it matters, and I need to have tips when I'm not doing something well, and I need to hear it if I AM doing something well. We talked about proper work attire, how to handle customers, what to expect in the training and how long that should take, etc. I was honest about having a kid with Autism that sometimes required extra attention that I might get called away once in a while if there's an incident at school, and they were very encouraging. It was not a stressful interview at all. And they called me 30 minutes later (I wasnt even home yet!) to tell me the job was mine if I wanted it. I let them know I had one more interview and I'd call them today to let them know either way.

I went to the interview yesterday....it felt....rushed. I was there a bit early, so they sent me to the cafe section to wait. The woman comes, shakes my hand, says to follow her, and then takes off at warp speed and I could barely keep up. She pulls out a chair and gestures for me to have a seat, so I do. She looks at my resumé and says to tell her about myself, so I say I have 2 kids, I'm married, originally from the US. She asks how old the kids are, then where I've worked in the past. I explained why I had to leave my last job, and she asked how many hours I was looking for, and which section of the store I'd prefer to work in. She said she was interviewing people all afternoon and she'd call Thursday to let everyone know if they were invited for a second interview. And then that was it. I was in and out in under 5 minutes. And I was thinking....she gave me 5 minutes and she's doing this all afternoon because they got so many applications. So is she giving EVERYONE only 5 minutes? That hardly seems enough....why even bother with a second interview. Just ask what you need to ask in ONE interview. And if she's NOT only giving everyone 5 minutes, why is that all I got? She must have made her mind up fairly quickly, and when it was done, it was neither a "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" nor was it a "We'd love to see you back again!" And if she was doing interviews all afternoon, she must have had a BUNCH. So I was competing with a bunch of people, probably some who are way cheaper than I am to hire, so I decided it wasn't worth it to wait. I just called the first business back and said I'd take it.

Now I got an email this morning from a store just like the first one, it's even right next to it, wanting to do an interview, so I will have to write a polite email back to explain I've found a position, but thank you very much. But yay, I have a job.
Awesome Great Job GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom