The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My point was all the show buildings were being built at the same time so as a group it was 3 years and individually it was three years. They were being built simultaneously not individually, one at a time. No crowds to work around, no fences around them, nothing standing or getting in the way and no need to work nights instead of days. They might even have been doing a lot of it overnight as well as days.

Again, Disneyland was a totally new venture for Walt and his company, having moved from animation, to live action, and then to building a theme park at a level that had never been seen before. So, to me anyway, the shortcomings were to be expected, not to mention all the criticism he received from the press, and whoever else, regarding such.
But, since then, Disney has built plenty of high quality attractions over the years in a timely manner. They learned.
As far as what time of day the work is being done, I’ve seen plenty of live streams/vlogs over the last coupla’ years where workers are doing their jobs at all times during the day, along with whatever work at night may be going on.
Maybe they are just spacing things out due to budget issues to make the numbers look better from month to month…? I don’t know, but, Disney has gotten many quality projects done in a timely manner in years past, and were not perceived as the slackers they seem to be these days, all too often, regarding the Parks.
But, I’ll bet they’ll be quick enough with the next price increases before Tron even has its hard opening. Somehow, they’re definitely good at doin’ crap like that in a timely manner.
Just my 2 cents.
Or, maybe that’s already 20 or 22 cents…?! 🤔
I don’t know, I haven’t been keepin’ track…!!!!! :hilarious:;):hilarious:

donaldtoo

Looks like another AMAZING food fest at Mom and 🤣:happy::inlove:Pop's!! I loved seeing all the various dishes and desserts, but my favorite one was the yummy pecan pie!! :hungry::hungry::hungry: P.S.: The two girls were so cute in their matching dresses! 🥰

Thanks, Minnie…!!! 🙂
The pecan pie was so delicious, and that’s why I had to have 2 slices (almost had a 3rd slice, but, didn’t wanna’ feel like a total blimp…!!!!! :hilarious:)…!!!!! :hungry:
And yes, Emmy and Audrey are just such cute hoots…!!!!! 🤣:happy::inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, this afternoon, I was helping the local artist community setting up easels, for an art show tomorrow.

As is the case with any group, there's always one that rubs people the wrong way. This guy didn't like the wooden easels we had (they were very secure), so he goes out to his SUV and hauls in one of his own -- a big, heavy one. He leaned it against the wall, before setting it up.

I noticed it looked like it might tip over, so I asked him if I could steady it for him, until he could set it up. He got all huffy and said it was fine. O.k. He then walks over to the registration table, and BAM! :hilarious: The foolish, uggo heavy thing fell over on the floor!!! Made my day!!! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

So, this afternoon, I was helping the local artist community setting up easels, for an art show tomorrow.

As is the case with any group, there's always one that rubs people the wrong way. This guy didn't like the wooden easels we had (they were very secure), so he goes out to his SUV and hauls in one of his own -- a big, heavy one. He leaned it against the wall, before setting it up.

I noticed it looked like it might tip over, so I asked him if I could steady it for him, until he could set it up. He got all huffy and said it was fine. O.k. He then walks over to the registration table, and BAM! :hilarious: The foolish, uggo heavy thing fell over on the floor!!! Made my day!!! :joyfull:

Serves that “pleasant soul” right…!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Serves that “pleasant soul” right…!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)
Ha! Most of the artists are very nice, talented people. This particular one was a bit of a stuck-up "artiste" . (Seriously, not only was his easel way oversized in comparison to the other 80 easels we had set up -- but, he had also painted it black -- clearly, so that HIS easel, HIS artwork would stand out from all the other peasants . . . :p

donaldtoo

Ha! Most of the artists are very nice, talented people. This particular one was a bit of a stuck-up "artiste" . (Serioiusly, not only was his easel way oversized in comparison to the other 80 easels we had set up -- but, he had also painted it black -- clearly, so that HIS easel, HIS artwork would stand out from all the other peasants . . . :p

“Artiste”…!!!!! 🤣:hilarious:

donaldtoo

Could be worse, you could be asked when you're having kids every time

This is the only part of all y’all discussed that I can kinda’ relate to, as I was never asked or pressured one way or the other regarding any of the other stuff.
When Carolyn and I got married back in December of ‘88, my folks made a point of telling us (jokingly) not to worry about starting a family anytime soon, as they were too young (early/mid 50’s) to be grandparents…!!!!! 🤣
About a year later, it was (again, jokingly ;)) “Where the hell are them damn grandchildren…?!!!”…!!!!! :hilarious:
Now, between myself and my 3 younger sibs, they have 13 grandchildren, and 2 great granddaughters…!!!!! :D😂

StarWarsGirl

Oh gosh no!!! I HATE sand.
You and Darth Vader have that in common.
i-dont-like-sand.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom