The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

View attachment 669106

Snow -- something to look forward to! 🥰
comedy central lol GIF by The Other Two

Cesar R M

Work idiocy of the weekend:

New co-worker in charge of grants, with zero experience in discord or support/help:

"I need administration access to our discord, I think it needs cleaning and new arrangement".

Me who designed the scheme to match every other discord server out there (in security because it works, and arrangement, because it needs to be familiar to other discord users):

waitwutsimon.gif

"It needs cleaning and new arrangement"
1664160778942.png

Figgy1

Premium Member

New co-worker in charge of grants, with zero experience in discord or support/help:

"I need administration access to our discord, I think it needs cleaning and new arrangement".

Me who designed the scheme to match every other discord server out there (in security because it works, and arrangement, because it needs to be familiar to other discord users):

View attachment 669227

View attachment 669228
frying pan lol GIF by Disney

StarWarsGirl

View attachment 669227

View attachment 669228
I don't get people who want to make changes to other people's stuff, especially when they're new. I mean, I started my new role a couple of months ago, and literally the only change I've made is using xlookups in my Excel files instead of Vlookups because they're easier and do the same thing. I'd love to go through and revamp some of our spreadsheets...but not yet; I need to understand my role better first.

Cesar R M

I don't get people who want to make changes to other people's stuff, especially when they're new. I mean, I started my new role a couple of months ago, and literally the only change I've made is using xlookups in my Excel files instead of Vlookups because they're easier and do the same thing. I'd love to go through and revamp some of our spreadsheets...but not yet; I need to understand my role better first.
Well, remember that some people love to want to showoff and prove "their value" to the boss.

Except sometimes they just f... things up.

wdwfan4ver

Yes. The kicker who they said was 10 for 10 up to that point shanked what would’ve been the game winning field goal to the right, and it was really no longer than a point after kick.
At least that kicker was not like the Green Bay Packers had for 1 season when I was growing up. Green Bay had 4 field goal kickers one season that only made 12 out of 25 field goals. All those missed field goals made a huge difference to the future fate of the Green Bay Packers. Green Bay was 4 wins and 12 loses that season.

I said a huge difference because 3 out of those 12 loses Green Bay lost by 3 points. Green Bay missed 2 field goals in each of those 3 games. That meant Green Bay could've been 7 wins and 9 loses.

7 Wins and 9 loses would've been a huge difference in terms of who the Packers draft in the first round of the draft. When Green Bay was 4 and 12, they drafted Tony Mandarich. Tony Mandarich became known as the incredible bust and found out later he was on steroids in college with him cheating drug tests. Tony became a bust due to National Football League being more strict for steroid drug tests and had to get off the steroids as a result. The catch is he had a impressive workout with him showing being very strong, very fast and big for his size. Tony ran a 40 yard dash in 4.6 seconds while weighing 315 pounds. The problem is Mandarich didn't weight that much as a Packers due to getting off steroids.

The problem is the Packer's could not be blamed because through out the league, General Managers and Scouts was going draft Mandarich if the Packers didn't. The scouts and General Managers in the league thought he was going to be a great tackle even without the steroids. Green Bay picked him because Green Bay had a bad offensive line with them giving up 51 sacks before drafting him.

Green Bay at 7 and 9 wouldn't have a chance to draft Mandarich. Green Bay would've been in a part of the draft that they could've draft a player at Mandarich's position or different position that they needed help at.

Cesar R M

Pardon the rants..
The guy is doubling down and asking for full access and control on the server..
And he still refuses to explain what he is going to do other than just repeating the same empty words.

Boss as usual isn't even reading whats going on and decides to say "just do a call together"
Guess who forgot I'm deaf? Yep, thats one way to say notice the boss is not even interested in putting attention and just nodding/commenting just for the sake of attention.

To make it worse.. the boss decided to listen to other idiocy like forcefully making teammates (who are not even in the same departments) to "know each other better" via livechats, calls and just "put a checkbox that you know each other in a magical list".
There is nothing worse than forcefully make fake team building.
And ironically? the management wants us to be "buds buds" BY October lmao. Yeah sure, I'm totally going to be best friends with some random dude that joined a month ago while being forced to share stuff for "team building".
Cancerous...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Pardon the rants..
The guy is doubling down and asking for full access and control on the server..
And he still refuses to explain what he is going to do other than just repeating the same empty words.

Boss as usual isn't even reading whats going on and decides to say "just do a call together"
Guess who forgot I'm deaf? Yep, thats one way to say notice the boss is not even interested in putting attention and just nodding/commenting just for the sake of attention.

To make it worse.. the boss decided to listen to other idiocy like forcefully making teammates (who are not even in the same departments) to "know each other better" via livechats, calls and just "put a checkbox that you know each other in a magical list".
There is nothing worse than forcefully make fake team building.
And ironically? the management wants us to be "buds buds" BY October lmao. Yeah sure, I'm totally going to be best friends with some random dude that joined a month ago while being forced to share stuff for "team building".
Cancerous...
That's awful. Sorry you have to deal with idiots all around there. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom