The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And they just announced the entire Picard season 3 cast!
The entire Next Generation Cast!!!!!!
Except Will Wheaton
the big bang theory will wheaton GIF

donaldtoo

I understand that if there is some payoff advantage to posting random pictures or meme's. What it will end up doing is stopping people like myself from ever posting a meme that I find relevant. I don't know who originated them, and I don't have the programs to make my own even I were clever enough to make one. So instead of that person getting recognized for that talent they won't be seen at all. Why can't the originator just sign at the bottom whenever they post an original on social media. Then they would receive the proper credit and if someone deletes the credit line go after them.

I’m not “ketchupped”, so I’m lost.
What is this about, if you don’t mind…?

Goofyernmost

There is a push to have all things credited to social media to the person originating the original owner of the meme, photo etc.

He shall not be named is the leader of the WDW Pack demanding take down of posts. I now post with credits. It is getting ugly with people ‘people’ reported for ‘stealing’ other peoples work.
^^^^^^
I’m not “ketchupped”, so I’m lost.
What is this about, if you don’t mind…?
The above situation.

donaldtoo

What you know is what I know. Just blindly commenting on a vague rumor about people that create meme's being upset when others copy and post them without mentioning the creator. Like we would know.

Wow, such a scandal…!!!!! :eek:o_O:rolleyes::hilarious:
I create and post memes all the time, and could really care less if someone wants to copy and share them. Not sure what the big deal is, but, it seems to maybe involve monetization…?
It’s really easy to create memes. I use a site called “imgflip”. I use their “meme generator”. I just upload a pic from my phone photo album, add upper or lower text (or both), hit “generate meme”, then copy it back to my phone photo album.
Just not exactly sure what all the hubbub would be…?! 🤔🤷‍♂️

Cesar R M

He seems like a pretty decent human being. Wesley Crusher on the other hand...
He's not, there has been a few videos of him being a total .
He "acts" nice.
I honestly believe he's extremely bitter because he amounted for.. well almost nothing except for a glorified interviewer.
While almost all the other Trek actors got some sort of acting jobs past Trek itself... he got.. well.. nothing o_O

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm confused, whats going on?
If you think about why news organizations and even reputable WDW Forums ask permission and credit the owner of their work. It is how it should be. I love people who say it is mine you have my permission to use. Still forums, Twitter Facebook insta gram take posts Down many times a day for lifting other peoples Stuff. Do you notice this site watermarks much of their work. It is a business. There are contributors to even this site that have gone to watermarking. While many don’t care about people like me taking their stuff but object to other forums taking their work to support their fill on their websites for profit is not taken kindly. Thus Watermarks.

Me I miss a member who was a pro photographer by trade. Ultimately pulled all their trip reports including photos. He is an awesome photographer but the closed out their member status and removed all their photos. I miss the husband wife duo. I can name other members that have left all forums cause of theft of work. One when she saw her photo being sold on a TShirt.

Me I am working at being respectful. I loved the woman that as an act of contrition shared a beautiful current photo of the castle for everyone to use upfront. Admire her. It took me a while to understand protocol And permission that news folk always ask for and they give credit in return.

Hope that helps.

Gabe1

I create and post memes all the time, and could really care less if someone wants to copy and share them. Not sure what the big deal is, but, it seems to maybe involve monetization…?
It’s really easy to create memes. I use a site called “imgflip”. I use their “meme generator”. I just upload a pic from my phone photo album, add upper or lower text (or both), hit “generate meme”, then copy it back to my phone photo album.
So your firm is ok with anyone lifting their designs for homes and going with another firm using your firms designs and drawings & work for free? Bet not. It is a business, naiveté at best. Oy.

Gabe1

Oy. And why so many firms have people hired to take down posts of entitled people feeling they are entitled to rip off others. I’m learning but it isn’t OK to believe you are entitled to snarf up others work In any profession Or hobby.

Gabe1

We've been riding bikes here for decades and it hasn't gotten rid of the gas crisis. Good for him though, getting his exercise!
I believe the point is as a cyclist you are not incurring gasoline prices at all by cycling to work As it requires zero gasoline to cycle.

Me I ride my bike every where possible during the 5 months weather here allows, almost there though. It was a harsh winter here and an extremely wet early spring. Normally I’d walk many of my chores even during the winter and early spring Less lately. Soaking wet not fun.

Me I also use physical exercise more for weight control and fitness. I have no desire at my age to resemble Santa Claus. Not good health for my age.

Gabe1

It is pouring again. Ground isn’t trying to absorb it after weeks of it already. Just wish it was above 40 low most days to put down grass seed. Rain would be useful then.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
May Bobby Rydell RIP.

Although I never followed his career, I do know that was well known by many, down through the years. I was surprised to read (in a different article) that he had released an album as recently as 2017. He had 34 top 100 hits, in his career!

(Side note: @Tony the Tigger , I assume some may be looking for his music in your store.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom