The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Liver deja vu--

When I was a kid, my mother would fry up liver, and bacon together. She insisted that eating the bacon with the liver was delicious. :jawdrop:

Of course, I would wolf down the bacon :hungry: , and then just stare at the uggo liver on the plate. Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't let any of us kids leave the table, until we finished what was on our plate. I'd always be the last one at the table -- even 30 minutes later. ( Now, if my father left the table at that point, my mother would discretely tell me, that if I ate just 2 bites of liver, I could leave. So I'd suffer through 2 bites of liver. ) Finally, I begged my mother to just always give me a tiny bit of liver in the future, and she finally caved!) :p

Lilofan

Liver deja vu--

When I was a kid, my mother would fry up liver, and bacon together. She insisted that eating the bacon with the liver was delicious. :jawdrop:

Of course, I would wolf down the bacon :hungry: , and then just stare at the uggo liver on the plate. Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't let any of us kids leave the table, until we finished what was on our plate. I'd always be the last one at the table -- even 30 minutes later. ( Now, if my father left the table at that point, my mother would discretely tell me, that if I ate just 2 bites of liver, I could leave. So I'd suffer through 2 bites of liver. ) Finally, I begged my mother to just always give me a tiny bit of liver in the future, and she finally caved!) :p
In a pinch and no cooking for my mom , I remember the liverwurst and onion sandwiches on white bread ( not everyday) in my Planet of the Apes lunchbox my mom prepared , I took to school. Back in the day there was no hot lunch served or vending machines in my grade school.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Liver deja vu--

My one set of grandparents who could cook lived within walking distance:joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Liver deja vu--

I remember not liking liver, but my Dad did. Of course, he also liked blood pudding (sausage) and head cheese so what did he know. My mother liked liver but never forced me to eat it. It was the only time I remember her making anything special. It was you are to eat whatever I give you or go without. My wife loved liver and onions and tried real hard to get the kids to like it as well. We had a couple of slightly elevated conversations on the fact that I didn't support her on the quest. I told her that I cannot ask my kids to consume something that makes me gag, so she was on her own with this one. It never worked, but she did try.

Patcheslee

I am similar to you.
Yet I won't even eat lima beans.
On my "never never eat them" list are:
beets
lima beans
liver
peas (if served alone)....but I will eat peas if in a pot pie
onions (but onions mixed into a casserole is fine)
How about others?
What's your "never never" foods? 🤔
I'll eat potatoes, lettuce, blueberries, tomato sauces, drink apple or orange juice, little bit of onion. Rest of the fruit/veggie list off the top of my head is a no.
I won't eat hamburger helpers after spending too many years of it nightly as a kid.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'll eat potatoes, lettuce, blueberries, tomato sauces, drink apple or orange juice, little bit of onion. Rest of the fruit/veggie list off the top of my head is a no.
I won't eat hamburger helpers after spending too many years of it nightly as a kid.
The only veggies I don't like is parsnips. I'll eat them but only on holidays. My dh and older ds love them. edit: I'm not a big fan of iceberg lettuce

SteveBrickNJ

I hate lima beans, liver, peas, brussel sprouts, asparagus and sweet potatoes. (I love onions, though!) :joyfull:
I am the same with you @MinnieM123 ....yet you've added ones I didn't think of earlier.
I also hate brussel sprouts and asparagus! 😞
I'm the "odd man out" on sweet potatoes though.
I do cautiously admit here that I like those.
Is there anyone else on this thread that likes sweet potatoes besides me? 🤔

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am the same with you @MinnieM123 ....yet you've added ones I didn't think of earlier.
I buy sweet potatoes by the case and I'm not talking about those cute little 5 pound boxes ShopRite brings in for the holidays

wdwfan4ver

Awww did you make that? It’s so cute.
No. I found the picture online after doing a December birthday cake search search since you have a December birthday.

My younger brother does have a December birthday around the middle of the month. I had an idea of what I looking for in terms of December birthday cake due to My younger brother's past birthday cakes.

Lilofan

One and only time I ate liver (1968) was in basic training --they gave us liver. I was so hunger I ate it and hated every mouth full. Never ate it again. Love sweet potatoes bake, mashed or a sweet potato pie ---your are not alone Steve
At the Golden Corral all u can eat, the sweet potatoes goodness mixed w/ marshmallows and butter is delicious! The food location I had visited is a favorite for football teams .

Goofyernmost

I didn't like sweet potatoes until I moved south. They were few and far between up north, but here in the Sweet Potato capital of the world they convinced me otherwise. I like them a lot now. I have a friend that makes sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Not those tiny little ones but the huge regular sized ones. That makes all the difference.

93boomer

Premium Member
I love sweet potatoes. I eat probably 3 or 4 baked ones a week. I also love asparagus and Brussel sprouts.

wdwfan4ver

I do, but it is more of a special meal food. I'm a regular mashed potato person. I was introduced to sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving back when My dads late parents had Thanksgiving back when I was a kid. Sweet Potatoes is a food that I think my parents were brought up as a holiday or part of certain meals depending on the main course.

We have slow cooked sweet potato casserole as part of a turkey meal and always tasted great. The recipe includes marshmallows.

Dad found recipe online back in the early 2000s and is a tradition since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom