The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Yes, it was such a terrible day. I'm sorry that you lost people you knew. I did not know anyone personally that was lost. I was a second year teacher and when we got the news we didn't have cable and internet wasn't too stable yet at our school so we didn't have a way to watch anything. A lady that lived across the street started recording it for us and brought over VHS tapes so the students could see what was happening. I also remember going to the gym as normal that day and seeing all the weight-lighting guys just sitting around watching the coverage at the gym instead of doing their normal routines. It really doesn't seem like 20 years has passed. I was talking with my Social Studies students about it yesterday and even though logically I know that these 7th graders weren't alive when it happened but it just seems like it still just happened to all of us, if that makes any sense.

Thanks.
The other thing I forgot to mention (Carolyn reminded me), is that SisIL was scheduled to work flight 77 out of Dulles that morning, but, called out sick. Have heard so many similar stories.
And yes, makes total sense. Said for the umpteen-billionth time, but, we should never forget.

StarWarsGirl

I was talking with my Social Studies students about it yesterday and even though logically I know that these 7th graders weren't alive when it happened but it just seems like it still just happened to all of us, if that makes any sense.
I was alive for it but remember nothing about it. Honestly, I'm just as glad that I learned about it as more of a history event. Enough horrible stuff has happened during my lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom