The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Oh god, yes. I saw it firsthand at DL. It's awful.
So did I. I was originally going to New Orleans and along came Katrina, so I changed my plans and went to Disneyland during their 50th. I wanted to go anyway but never got around to it, but I had wanted to see how HM in DL differed from WDW. I arrived at the end of September and it was down for the overlay. The next day, however, it opened and although I never was a fan of the Skelkington franchise decided to see it. I have never been so disappointed in anything in my life. I have no plans to return to California so I guess I will never see HM in person, but I just hope they never do that on this side of the coast.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

So my state wants to rename the airport to Rhode Island TF Green International Airport which is just TF Green currently.

But the kicker is there are really no international flights from the airport. Maybe seasonal to the Azores and Canada but that's it.
Well, that really does make it an international airport! It also sends a message to other nations that it can be a location. Whether that is good or bad will be for future discovery.

Goofyernmost

That's a good way of eating/ pacing yourself during the hot humid summer at WDW. If only regular DLR temps could be year round at WDW..
Just as a comment, the one and only time I went to Disneyland the daytime temperatures were 104 to 106 degrees everyone of the three days I was there. It may not have been as humid but when it hits over 100 degrees that is hot no matter how humid it gets. It was literally painful to touch any of the outdoor queue metal dividers. And that was at the end of September.

StarWarsGirl

So did I. I was originally going to New Orleans and along came Katrina, so I changed my plans and went to Disneyland during their 50th. I wanted to go anyway but never got around to it, but had I wanted to see how HM in DL differed from WDW. I arrived at the end of September and it was down for the overlay. The next day, however, it opened and although I never was a fan of the Skelkington franchise decided to see it. I have never been so disappointed in anything in my life. I have no plans to return to California so I guess I will never see HM in person, but I just hope they never do that on this side of the coast.
And it's up until after Christmas. I was there first week of January in 2017, my last time there. It was hideous. My friend and I went on it once, and we were done. We spent a lot of time in New Orleans Square, but it was mostly to eat and ride PoTC (quite possibly my favorite DL attraction) not at all for HM.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. I don't think Hatbox Ghost was there in 2005, and WDW's is longer. The only other difference is that the Stretching Room is an elevator.

StarWarsGirl

Just as a comment, the one and only time I went to Disneyland the daytime temperatures were 104 to 106 degrees everyone of the three days I was there. It may not have been as humid but when it hits over 100 degrees that is hot no matter how humid it gets. It was literally painful to touch any of the outdoor queue metal dividers. And that was at the end of September.
Oh, ugh. We're usually there in June and it's quite pleasant, like 80 degrees no humidity.

Hopefully next June. We've had to cancel two years in a row.

Lilofan

That's got to be rare. My family member lived in Orange County / Newport Beach and didn't even have AC.

Goofyernmost

Oh, ugh. We're usually there in June and it's quite pleasant, like 80 degrees no humidity.

Hopefully next June. We've had to cancel two years in a row.
I was told by many locals that it was unusual, but since Katrina had just happened, the usual large part of Cali was on fire and the big wind El Nino was ablowin' they were sitting around discussing how sure they were that this was going to trigger the "BIG ONE", the quake that would destroy most of the state. I spent my nights on the bottom floor of an eight story hotel expecting the top 7 floors to fall on me sometime during the night. Not the most restful way to spend a vacation and on top of all that was the fiasco known as the HM overlay. 😲

Last edited:

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
That is crazy hot and you are correct you don't need humidity for it to be miserable when it is that hot. Those are the type of days where I enjoy lots and lots of water and light smaller meals.

StarWarsGirl

So I need a new phone within the next six months or so. Samsung stopped doing security updates for my phone last month, which is absolutely aggravating because I have work info, banking apps, Google Pay, and everything else on this phone, and I can't afford to not have security updates. What's aggravating too is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with this phone.

Now I keep looking at the Galaxy S series because I absolutely refuse to go back to having a budget phone after having a Galaxy, but holey moley.

StarWarsGirl

Is there a reason why they stopped doing the security updates? That would drive me insane.
I guess because it came out four years ago, even though I bought it two years ago. I got it really discounted because my company has a business relationship with Samsung; should have suspected.

Anyway, that was quite painful, but I did it. I financed it; my credit score is above 800; it has to be good for something, right? I kept looking online to see if I should do it; everything I reach pointed to yes.

Having my prepaid plan plus financing a phone is still cheaper than if I got a regular plan; I checked.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
I guess because it came out four years ago, even though I bought it two years ago. I got it really discounted because my company has a business relationship with Samsung; should have suspected.

Anyway, that was quite painful, but I did it. I financed it; my credit score is above 800; it has to be good for something, right? I kept looking online to see if I should do it; everything I reach pointed to yes.

Having my prepaid plan plus financing a phone is still cheaper than if I got a regular plan; I checked.
Wow, so once a phone gets old they just stop covering it even though a person still has it activated and is using it with information that could easily be breached or stolen. That is quite annoying.

It is a good thing that you have a very high credit score. So you are planning on purchasing a financing a new phone I suppose now. I have an iPhone7 Plus which is certainly not the top of the line phone, but it does what I want it to do and that is all that matters to me.

StarWarsGirl

Wow, so once a phone gets old they just stop covering it even though a person still has it activated and is using it with information that could easily be breached or stolen. That is quite annoying.

It is a good thing that you have a very high credit score. So you are planning on purchasing a financing a new phone I suppose now. I have an iPhone7 Plus which is certainly not the top of the line phone, but it does what I want it to do and that is all that matters to me.
iPhones are less prone to security breeches than Android. It's one advantage they have. But ugh, no, I refuse to get an iPhone.

Apple stops after a while too. My mom has a 6s and I know hers receives fewer updates, but it doesn't matter because she doesn't have all the stuff on her phone like I have on mine. I have work email, my VPN is on there, I have multiple banking apps, I pay with my phone...just nope. Can't afford to be hacked.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So I need a new phone within the next six months or so. Samsung stopped doing security updates for my phone last month, which is absolutely aggravating because I have work info, banking apps, Google Pay, and everything else on this phone, and I can't afford to not have security updates. What's aggravating too is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with this phone.

Now I keep looking at the Galaxy S series because I absolutely refuse to go back to having a budget phone after having a Galaxy, but holey moley.
Go for a pixel like all the cool kids.

93boomer

Premium Member
Cat GIF

We were in the 80s two days ago. It is 44 and windy right now!!

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
iPhones are less prone to security breeches than Android. It's one advantage they have. But ugh, no, I refuse to get an iPhone.

Apple stops after a while too. My mom has a 6s and I know hers receives fewer updates, but it doesn't matter because she doesn't have all the stuff on her phone like I have on mine. I have work email, my VPN is on there, I have multiple banking apps, I pay with my phone...just nope. Can't afford to be hacked.
I can totally understand that. Security is a huge thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom