The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Download the landry's app and sign in... you will be able to display your card from the app.
the app is not even cooperating lol.
it gets stuck in "waiting for internet connection" even when it says "internet connection: true" XD

Its like this thing really DOES NOT WANT me to eat at Yak and Yeti XD

*edit*
Switched to AT&T internet and it works! I can see it!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
the app is not even cooperating lol.
it gets stuck in "waiting for internet connection" even when it says "internet connection: true" XD

Its like this thing really DOES NOT WANT me to eat at Yak and Yeti XD

*edit*
Switched to AT&T internet and it works! I can see it!

Take a picture of the card as it shows up on your app. Then it will be on your phone just in case something happens where you can't access it online in the park.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I had a rather productive day today. I did a morning workout. I got out the sleep pants pattern, pressed it and noted changes that needed to be made for this year. I got all pieces of fabric for said sleep pants ironed cut out and assembled up to the point of doing the waist bands and hemming(which may get done after Christmas just incase) I got my older ds to do quite a bit of raking, my dh is ready to go to work, my coffee station was cleared, cleaned and organized, I wrote out my shopping list, I took a short nap seeing I was up late late night. I got my entire to do list for today completed except for eating. I finally had a couple of rice cakes with almond butter:facepalm:

cjack300zx

So I have been looking at getting a new (used) car for at least 6 months now and I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on one tomorrow. I'm 6,3 but I have always liked small cars and I don't have any kids that I have to drive around. My current daily driver is a 2011 Mini Cooper S with a six speed and I love driving it, it's almost like driving a go-cart but it's a money pit and it seems like I'm always putting money into it. I have narrow down to two cars 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback and a 2019 Subaru Impreza hatchback. Test drove them both and I'm 99% sold on the Subaru but that Corolla is a very close second.

donaldtoo

@figmentfan423 ... it's part of his autism. Once we do something a particular way, he expects it to be that way every. single. time. Unfortunately for me, he latched onto a shopping trip in which I got them each a treat.

ETA: He DOES eat a lot of fruit...which is more than I can say for his brother. But I guess each of them eating one of the two is good?!? Please tell me it's good! 😂

Our 28-year-old DS is on the autism spectrum, and often times has issues with routine changes and change in general. Of course, all of us have issues with change from time to time, but, his issues with certain changes are more pronounced. Other times, changes that you would think would affect him have very little affect at all.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I purchased one. But it said that I would get it physically in 10 business days.

The information the site sent me was just a payment number.
Print it and bring with you. They can give you a temporary card at any restaurant. Know I have never been turned away as a select member walk a up. It is a nation wide
Policy when a facility does not take
Online reservations on THEIR website reservations system they honor next available table. There was a 2 hour wait at Rainforest up here standby. I was seated in 10 minutes on Mother’s Day 2019.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Our 28-year-old DS is on the autism spectrum, and often times has issues with routine changes and change in general. Of course, all of us have issues with change from time to time, but, his issues with certain changes are more pronounced. Other times, changes that you would think would affect him have very little affect at all.
My ds' challenge was raking instead of cleaning his bathroom yesterday:banghead::banghead::banghead: Explaining it would probable rain today and switching the chores was interesting:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning today's projects. Get dh to service my serger, get the sleep shirts cut out, get the boys to do bathroom cleaning and make some type of pasta. Still waiting for inspiration for that. I have onions, garlic and kale so I'm thinking about maybe just doing a simple saute then toss that with beans and the pasta. @MinnieM did I manage to confuse you?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
RANT --

So I saw on the news last night, that freaking AppleTV BOUGHT the rights to show 3 classic movies-- Charlie Brown Halloween, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown Christmas.

For FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, those movies have shown on regular network TV (no cable, satellite, Roku or other gadgets needed), so that ALL people could enjoy watching these entertaining classics. So now, the only way to see those 3 movies is to get a Roku or whatever other thing, or subscribe to AppleTV service, to see them! :jawdrop: Are you kidding me??!!

Now, as a "gesture" AppleTV is allowing a "select"(?) number of the presentation times to be viewed for free, without actually subscribing -- BUT, it still means that you'd have to buy a Roku stick or other way to access AppleTV.

This absolutely sucks and is very unfair to people, especially NOW with the pandemic -- with so many out of work. Many people are in food lines, for heaven's sake. I'm just beside myself over this. (It's not that I, personally, couldn't buy a DVD of the movies on my own, but I'm mad about the principle of this mess. If individuals and/or families ever needed uplifting TV movies during 2020, it's now, and should be accessed free and easily -- as done in the past 55 years!!) :banghead:

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
RANT --

So I saw on the news last night, that freaking AppleTV BOUGHT the rights to show 3 classic movies-- Charlie Brown Halloween, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown Christmas.

For FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, those movies have shown on regular network TV (no cable, satellite, Roku or other gadgets needed), so that ALL people could enjoy watching these entertaining classics. So now, the only way to see those 3 movies is to get a Roku or whatever other thing, or subscribe to AppleTV service, to see them! :jawdrop: Are you kidding me??!!

Now, as a "gesture" AppleTV is allowing a "select"(?) number of the presentation times to be viewed for free, without actually subscribing -- BUT, it still means that you'd have to buy a Roku stick or other way to access AppleTV.

This aboslutely sucks and is very unfair to people, especially NOW with the pandemic -- with so many out of work. I'm just beside myself over this. (It's not that I, personally, couldn't buy a DVD of the movies on my own, but I'm mad about the principle of this mess. If indivdiuals and/or families ever needed uplifting TV movies during 2020, it's now, and should be accessed free and easily -- as done in the past 55 years!!) :banghead:
Your rant is so much more polite than mine was and I own the collection!!!!!!! There was something special about sitting down and watching all the specials as a family even with the commercials! Commercials are when the boys refilled their popcorn bowls

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning today's projects. Get dh to service my serger, get the sleep shirts cut out, get the boys to do bathroom cleaning and make some type of pasta. Still waiting for inspiration for that. I have onions, garlic and kale so I'm thinking about maybe just doing a simple saute then toss that with beans and the pasta. @MinnieM did I manage to confuse you?

Kale is your inspiration? :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom