The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

My view as I got home from work. It is still snowing. :confused:

View attachment 507332View attachment 507333

On a happier note...in June I decided to subscribe to a monthly snack box called Universal Yums. It delivers 6 different snacks in a box from a different country. So far we have had U.K., Columbia, Egypt, and this month's box arrived and it is Russia! We tried this sweet treat tonight and it was a chocolate coated cake with a dulce de leche type of filling. It was good but had a bit of a salty after taste. And the cover of the treat looked like a scary Russian baby.
View attachment 507334
Please send your snow here! It looks so pretty!!

Songbird76

When I tried to order it all I got was "not presently in stock". Not as store around here has it including Walmart which usually has things that others cannot get. I don't really want to put an order in with Amazon right now anyway so I will manage without it. It just seemed like such an odd thing to not be available.
It's kind of weird the things that go out of stock. I was FINALLY able to get Stove Top stuffing again after about 5 months or so. So I stocked up! I had looked at several websites that import American products, and none of them had stuffing, or Brown Sugar Cinnamon poptarts. Mac n cheese was out for about a month, but I was able to get everything about a week ago again. Hope you can get your pudding soon!

Songbird76

Mom actually stopped doing that with B. He'll basically eat any vegetable as long as it's got soy sauce on it or it's in stir fry. But fruit does not pass his lips with the exception of apple sauce. So she keeps a lot of frozen stir fry in the freezer for him. Tonight, the rest of us had steak and he had one of his frozen stir fry dinners, which he pulled out and heated up. But then last night we had grilled chicken and he ate that.

He's getting better. This year at age 18 he finally started eating hot dogs and hamburgers on occasion. I was shocked one day when we were in Hersheypark and he told me he wanted a hot dog.
Yeah, I never forced the kids to eat things they don't like. My mom did that and it really damaged me when it comes to food. I'm terrified of trying new foods, which is pretty ridiculous since there's no one to force me to eat it now. But when I was a kid, it was traumatizing....like, I HAD to eat as much of it as my mom gave me, but I wasn't supposed to make faces or say I didn't like it or I would "hurt the feelings" of the person who took the time to make it. (mom) But sometimes, you just can't hide your reaction to food that's disgusting. And I knew I was going to have to eat it anyway, every time my mom made it. I have kind of PTSD with new foods...I get a fear response with unknown foods and I'm scared of hurting someone's feelings or disappointing someone. And I was really good about eating fruits and vegetables. I loved all the things most kids hate.....broccoli, spinach, brussells sprouts, asparagus...the things I didn't like were sauces and condiments/spreads. There's no reason to force the kid to eat unhealthy stuff if they eat the healthy things without an issue. It's not a battle worth fighting to me. And along with A's autism, he has a sensitive mouth, so food feels weird to him. Every once in a while, he'll try something new, so hopefully by the time he's an adult, he'll have a slightly wider array of foods, and by that time, he'll be able to prepare food for himself.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The only thing missing from this for me is Tapioca. I love Tapioca pudding but I have been unable to find it for months. I guess Tapioca probably doesn't have the same priority as toilet paper because I really haven't had any problem finding that. Who would have thought that would be a Corona short fall.

Here's a little piece of trivia for you. A former President of the U.S., loved tapioca. Lyndon Johnson would go down to the White House kitchen refrigerator, looking for Tapioca for his midnight snack! :D

Lilofan

The only thing missing from this for me is Tapioca. I love Tapioca pudding but I have been unable to find it for months. I guess Tapioca probably doesn't have the same priority as toilet paper because I really haven't had any problem finding that. Who would have thought that would be a Corona short fall.
Tapioca is good but I prefer banana pudding with nilla wafers.

FutureCEO

It's kind of weird the things that go out of stock. I was FINALLY able to get Stove Top stuffing again after about 5 months or so. So I stocked up! I had looked at several websites that import American products, and none of them had stuffing, or Brown Sugar Cinnamon poptarts. Mac n cheese was out for about a month, but I was able to get everything about a week ago again. Hope you can get your pudding soon!

Out of all the things to import....poptarts?!?!

Figgy1

Premium Member
In the beginning some pantry items were scarce but I keep a fully stocked pantry so I never ran out of anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom