The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Question: Yesterday when I signed on to @wdwmagic an alleged survey popped up about the website. It looked legit so I started to take it because it promised free gifts at the end and because I like the site. As I got to the end it showed the list of prizes which range from a flashlight to Hemp oil to a $100 dollar gift card (conveniently sold out already). Up until that point the questions seemed to be reasonable but then I semi panicked. I tried to get out and even though that screen went a way there is a site Icon on my screen that will not go away. I cannot find it in my lists of programs and do not know how to delete it out. It doesn't show as a problem on my very expensive shields, but just will not leave. Has anyone besides me had this problem. So far about 5 different surveys have popped up that are connected with this particular sender. Any clues?
I should add that I don't think it originated from wdwmagic but has attached itself to many of the sites I visit. It always is tailored to whatever site I sign in on.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I should add that I don't think it originated from wdwmagic but has attached itself to many of the sites I visit. It always is tailored to whatever site I sign in on.

Perhaps you might want to share this issue down in the Forum Help and Announcements section, so that Steve might be able to help you or others be aware of this. I think he would really want to know if something is latching on to his site.

I hope nothing bad happened to your computer as a result of this, but you may not know until you run your anti-virus software.

So far, I have not seen this issue on my computer (yet) on this or any other site. I'm very cautious about anything at all that "pops up" on screen.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't either. A tried to teach me once, but to tell you the truth, strategy is not something I am into. He's very good at it, though. None of the boys in his class had ever played before and the teacher wanted to build his confidence, so he let him do chess lessons with the class sometimes. His teacher said he's a very good teacher. Patient and encouraging, gives compliments, gives very clear instruction. He said as good as he is in Math, he thinks teaching math might be a good career path for him. And one of the other boys that he taught to play made it to the quarter finals, so he's obviously done a good job.

Yeah it is the strategy thing for me too. I'm not even good at checkers, too much strategy for me too! And lucky for A that he is good at math, not my strong suit either.

MouseDreaming

It turned out to be an earlier morning than I even thought. My daughter forgot her phone downstairs, and she forgot to turn all her alarms off now that she's done with classes. So at 6:30 this morning, her phone started blasting "Why ya gotta be so ruuuuuude....don't you know I'm human toooooooo." And because it was downstairs, and she sleeps like the dead and had her door closed, she didn't hear it and therefore did not turn it off. I was less than amused. But oh well....I survived.

The good news is that A won the tournament. My husband has asked the school for pictures, at least of A with the trophy, which stays at the school and the winner's name is added each year and their picture goes on the wall of fame. Not bad for a first year. They put him in the 3rd year bracket because of his level. He plays regularly with one of the teachers (a 3rd year teacher) and it was hilarious because at our first parent teacher conference this year, his teacher told us the reason the games took so long was because A was too good. The 3rd year teacher didn't know what moves to make, but had a friend who plays, so he'd take a picture of the board after A made his move, and he'd send it to his friend, who would then tell him what his next move should be, so he had to wait for his friend's instructions before he could make his next move. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: A of course doesn't know this. The just had the board set up in the classroom, and every day, the teacher would come in at some point to make his move, then go back to his class. When A was finished with his work, he'd go and make his next move and let the teacher know it was his move again.

But he told me at the beginning of the year that it was going to be HIS picture on the wall with that trophy, and his name on it. And he was right!
Sorry about the early morning wake up call. But, congrats to A!

Goofyernmost

Perhaps you might want to share this issue down in the Forum Help and Announcements section, so that Steve might be able to help you or others be aware of this. I think he would really want to know if something is latching on to his site.

I hope nothing bad happened to your computer as a result of this, but you may not know until you run your anti-virus software.

So far, I have not seen this issue on my computer (yet) on this or any other site. I'm very cautious about anything at all that "pops up" on screen.
I don't usually open pop up's that I don't know about, but when this pops up on and for the site that you just opened, one would assume that it was something that wwwmagic instigated. I have not had any problems with my computer yet. Everything is working fine and none of my financial sites seem to have been compromised, at least yet. I know I have a major Malware monitor that I pay for every year, but I'm not sure what I have for virus protection other than putting on a mask and staying home. You don't suppose this is a form of computer Covid19.

John park hopper

Charleston County SC ( my county) now has the highest number of covid positive in the state. It appears the biggest increase is in the 20-35 age group. Governor has now told all bars have to stop serving liquor at 11:00 pm don't know what that will do. Myrtle Beach Harley rally which was canceled in May will take place next week. Brings on average 2-300000 bikers in past years from all over the country guess they will be taking it home. I have attended Bike week but will pass this year doesn't make much sense to me

StarWarsGirl

Charleston County SC ( my county) now has the highest number of covid positive in the state. It appears the biggest increase is in the 20-35 age group. Governor has now told all bars have to stop serving liquor at 11:00 pm don't know what that will do. Myrtle Beach Harley rally which was canceled in May will take place next week. Brings on average 2-300000 bikers in past years from all over the country guess they will be taking it home. I have attended Bike week but will pass this year doesn't make much sense to me
It was a bit of a culture shock for me being down there. Outside of Disney property, people just were not social distancing. Up here, you have to wear masks statewide if you're in any kind of commercial establishments unless you're eating, dining is primarily outdoors, indoor dining is at 50% capacity, and mentally, we're all just in the mode of social distancing. Down in SC, I was seeing packed restaurants and people not socially distancing in lines, and I'm like, WTH?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom