The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

After our day in Curacao we decided it was time for a late afternoon lunch. Would it be a burger? Would it be a taco? Would it be pizza or Indian food? Yes. :p We decided to make our own "sampler" plates. My daughter and I went to Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana while our friends went to the two places we hadn't eaten at yet, Pizza Pirate and Tandoor.

untitled-1245-1.jpg DSC_2823_Zyde(1).jpg

We each got one plate of food, met at a table and then divvied the pickings out so everybody had a little something of everything. (Pizza is also available fresh made 24 hours a day for those late, late hungries. :D Hey, I can eat pizza at 3 a.m. no problem. :angelic: Not that I did but I could.)

During the cruise there are a lot of participation activities like cornhole tournaments, trivia contests, digital scavenger hunts, etc. Two of the oddest though funniest happened while we were relaxing poolside after lunch. The "Hairiest Chest Contest" for men :depressed: and the "Dance Like Beyonce Contest" for women. The losers had to get in the pool and do a water ballet routine. It was quite entertaining. A half dozen on each side participated (some of those men were walking carpets :eek: ) and the ladies won by the audience vote. The men jumped in the pool and did some Swan Lake something.....well they looked like crazy ducks on a pond. :hilarious: If you win any of the contests you will receive a geniune gold (plastic) "ship on a stick" to take home. :)

carnival-cruise-ship-breeze-gold-plastic-ship-on-a-stick-trophy_2071962.jpeg

Before we knew it the daylight was fading and soon it would be Thrill Theater time and dinner. Once again Spongebob was playing and we had to wait one session. We did notice that the art on the surrounding walls was less so someone must be buying it up at the auctions. The pictures were nice but I think if you're spending all that money :greedy: on art during your cruise, you must have some cashola to spare.

Dinner this evening had my mouth watering while reading the menu.....bbq ribs! :jawdrop: Yeah!!!! (I might love me some bbq........A LOT!) Our meal was tempura shrimp for an app, bbq ribs (so tender they fell right off the bone), rosemary herb fries, and for dessert my daughter had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. I also might like me some cheesecake.....A LOT......so I had two pieces. :oops:

And same old story, the poolside movie wasn't happening this evening either. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes played while we were dining and a Spring Break Fiesta was going on now. While I don't mind mariachi music or trying to knock down a pinata, I just didn't have it in me so we retired for the night. Room service breakfast order placed, alarm clock set for 6:30, we were asleep ten minutes after we got in our room. :joyfull:

TO BE CONTINUED with boulders, bridge and tent city.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep, Belle and Ranger are well-known paper shredders, too. :bored:

One of my first Pups was a Shepard, my first born. I gave my then fiance an Atari game system, state of the art at the time. Shepard Laying under coffee table and he was playing a game (of course not paying attention to the puppy) and she chewed through the cord and when she electrocuted herself her head banged on the coffee table from beneath. GAME OVER.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Due to all the running around today, I had brekkie/lunch at 5:00!
It is now 12:30, and I am having a bowl of chicken noodle soup for supper!
Quoting my own post. How gauche.

I just noticed, I said "supper". I remember this sparking a lengthy debate in our old thread. :hilarious:
More often than not, "dinner" is out; "supper" is at home. Maybe.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
OK gang, I'm out for the night...
Sweet dreams to all of y'all...!
See ya' laterrrrrrr...!!! :)
Me too. After tossing and turning and fretting all night, I had a total of five hours sleep; bisected by 2 1/2 hours of tending to the dog and getting kids to work.

I hear a hot cup of tea and a fresh library book beckoning me. Good night all.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks for responding to my question. You were the only one here who seemed to care about my question except for Jennifer asking what restaurants we were going to. After that, crickets.
So I thank you for caring enough to not ignore a question I had. I don't have much experience with the dining plan and I trusted everyone's opinion here. Jennifer asked a similar question and got so much information and that's great but I was ignored.
Yes my daughter is going but she is not on our package. So it's just me and my on on the package where I would add the dining plan.
Now I think I'm going to excuse myself from this thread for a couple of days because I'm a little hurt.
Thanks again Moxomund.

Uh Oh! I've been running a couple days behind here and have been attempting to catch up. This is bad and I'm sorry you have hurt feelings. Sad.

While catching up I did answer your question though it was not a yes buy it or no don't buy it answer. Many have never done dining plan, Donald and I have done it only with CM discounts so it is a tough question to say give a direct opinion on. Most people research it on a family dynamic basis on how they consume food included. Aside from free or heavily discounted CM plans it is genuinely a question that each person needs to research themselves and decide if it is advantageous for their individual families. Like I said before it isn't for us at rack rate but is with a 50% discount.

Here is a good tool for you to decide for you and your family if it is a good investment or not.

http://www.distripplanner.com/

StageFrenzy

Who was the member that used to have the quote about flying into Birmingham (BHM) and flying with Delta? I used to fly up every year to visit family so I knew the old airport almost too well. Went back to the magic city for the first time in 3 years, the airport has now become one of my favorites. I didn’t know Birmingham had it in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom