The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

See that is something I always wondered about. Do cats know what we use the potty for?
Years ago a kitten followed me home from the miniature golf course I was working at. I was still in High School. She had no tag or anything else, but she had been spade and was very healthy. I had to take her away from the golf course because she would chase after golf balls after someone hit it. Funny, but not what the customer went there to do.

Anyway, our family adopted her and she lived a very long life until she got feline leukemia and the age of 18. She did notice people using the toilet and one day she jumped up on the seat, used the toilet (stupid cat never did figure out how to flush it). She didn't use it all the time, but she did quite often. We called her wonder cat. My mother took a picture of her using it as well. I don't know what happened to that picture, but, I'll bet if it still exists my Sister might have it. She never throws anything away.

MySmallWorldof4

Years ago a kitten followed me home from the miniature golf course I was working at. I was still in High School. She had no tag or anything else, but she had been spade and was very healthy. I had to take her away from the golf course because she would chase after golf balls after someone hit it. Funny, but not what the customer went there to do.

Anyway, our family adopted her and she lived a very long life until she got feline leukemia and the age of 18. She did notice people using the toilet and one day she jumped up on the seat, used the toilet (stupid cat never did figure out how to flush it). She didn't use it all the time, but she did quite often. We called her wonder cat. My mother took a picture of her using it as well. I don't know what happened to that picture, but, I'll bet if it still exists my Sister might have it. She never throws anything away.
That is amazing!!! I would ask her to see if she has it.

93boomer

Premium Member

I had a friend in high school that trained her cat to use her toilet too. It was the strangest thing to see a cat use the toilet. :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Does everyone know that the US National Parks have a special program for 4th graders?

T showed me a paper, yesterday, that his teacher gave him. Free National Parks pass and where to go to ‘plan your trip’. Along with directions for 2 reports.. one with a State and Park you want to travel to, why, and basically plan the trip. The other a paper on one you’ve already traveled to.

He clicked on every State (and Guam), and every picture that he found interesting, then read the info.

I don’t know if we’ll make it to South Dakota, Arizona, or Colorado this year... but he’s really excited about the project and has now added several more “must do’s” to our list. 😂

We went to Indiana National Seashore last year, and we’ve hiked some of the Appalachian Trail.. I told him to find some more that can be simple road trips, not weeklong vacations.. and we’ll try to hit a few then he can choose which one to write about as personally experience. That project is due the first day of 5th grade.

I was (once) in the 4th grade -- can I play, too? I like this game! :D

KBLovedDisney

We haven't said anything to them. The hubs and I have went into silence and just let them post away. Both of us have become somewhat depressed over this.
I think it is actually affecting him more than myself because he was the one that originally suggested the idea of a big group trip.

Not sure what is going on or why they didn't say anything.

But told the hubs we could go bowling this weekend in hopes to help the situation and just go out and have fun as a couple. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Songbird76

It is the Araucaria araucana, but we call them "Monkey Puzzle Trees". By no means native to us, but lots of them planted around here for some reason.

Why do you call them Monkey puzzle trees? Is there a reason? I've heard of "monkey trees" but I guess I always just assumed it was because they were trees Monkey's like to sit in because of the way the branches are. But I've never heard "Monkey Puzzle tree".

Songbird76

Blurg. I live in teeny tiny Hamlet Illinois. A town that has barely creeped out of the 19th century into the 20th, lets not consider the 21st century cause our love of barns precludes all that.

I have a love hate relationship with my town I have lived in now for the vast majority of my life. I hope not to die here though. A town of mostly pro’s but has some serious con’s being only 8000 residents strong.

Sadly this evening I learned our family practitioner of our town has retired. He didn’t share his decision until he closed. Can’t blame him. We are a small town and the majority of us all called him Doc. My kids knew no other. Their idea of a Doctor. He knew us and our kids. We were not a file or a chart. Our children both went through the same schools and sport etc cause in a town of 8000 of course one would when one raises his family where he practices. So very 19th Century! He was completely Harvard educated, we had the best of the best.

I’m heartbroken while wishing him a fabulous retirement that is deserved.

Ahhhhhhh
So sorry to hear about that! For some reason I thought your town was much smaller than that! I'm assuming in a town that size, there is more than one doctor...can Doc recommend someone for your future needs?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Who has been to National Parks, and which ones?

Also, has anyone been on a Northern Michigan park trip or even just a one spot vacay there?
Sorry I've not done any near you but a short list I've been to in recent years includes but not limited to Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Edison's Labs, Washington's Morristown's Headquaters, Hudson river valley mansion tours including Hyde Park. You'd be surprised what the Park Service handles edit Sandy Hook love the free parking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom