The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have been to one Olympics. Lake Placid in 1980. I was 8 at the time. My mom was working for a tour operating company and she was tapped to lead a tour group. So, I got to go along. She actually had tickets to the US hockey games. She gave them away and got ice dancing and speed skating tickets instead. I was bored by the ice dancing, and freezing during the speed skating. (It was outdoors.). I wasn’t a hockey fan at the time; I became one a few years later. Now I wish I would have been one then for to have seen those games, wow. One of my favorite movies now is Miracle.
The like was for everything except Lake Placid in winter weather. I got invited up there by a friend for a NYE party, politely declined.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Unsure if I’ll get down to take a photo, but here’s two I took during the Olympics in 2010. Man that was a crazy fun event.

View attachment 450607

View attachment 450609

This before they installed a fountain under and around the cauldron. These photos don't show you the metal fence with barbed wire they had installed to keep people out of the area, out of fear of protestors/vandals.
Kinda like the barrier Epcot built around the Fountains of Nations eventually

Gabe1

Yup. And an interesting tidbit on the 18-year-old in custody -- turns out he has a five-page rap sheet for various offenses as a "juvenile". Well happy 18th birthday, Mr. Scum -- now you've graduated into the "Adult" system. Whole different experience awaits you now . . .
Glad MA is tougher on crime than my state. A young man shot an officer in the back. Caught. Officer saved by his vest. Twit is out on bail. Here if it was
auto theft can’t imagine them doing much time more community service.

Gabe1

On that note I wish we’d just pick an age for being an adult.
18 or 21. IDC just pick one.

Gabe1

There have been multiple white papers on how not-raw honey is basically just corn syrup mixed with honey. There's a documentary about honey sourcing internationally, and it seems that unless you're buying ethically sourced raw honey that can be traced, you are likely getting the corn syrup mix even if it is labeled "raw honey"

Same with maple syrup, for what it's worth. Most of that is corn syrup too, but at least it's usually labeled that way on the bottles.

pure honey has live genetic marks to its honeycomb which those diluted with sugars do not retain the genetic markers.

Put a tablespoon of honey in bowl.

Pour a little bit on hot water on honey and to just cover bottom of bowl.

pick up bowl and swish contents in a slow circular motion.

set down and watch honey if it rapidly dissolves in water it is FAKE

if Honey is pure it will reform a honeycomb structure identical to its markers when it was harvested.

not the best video I’ve seen but

Gabe1

Not too much -- we're pretty chill. Sometimes, we're almost civilized. :p

Yep. We tend to pretend, forgive and ignore the obvious at times. We have a talent for that since we genuinely like each other. ❤

Hear no evil, see no evil for Harmony is always welcomed. At times we have lurkers from other threads that torpedo this thread, that try to stir the pot. Mostly outright ignored. But interesting nonetheless that they read our little family of sort thread and find us that intriguing but not ever worthy of pursuing. Mostly Whatever. :rolleyes: Me I tend to love our little family here. We genuinely care about each other Even if we disagree Here and there.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Unsure if I’ll get down to take a photo, but here’s two I took during the Olympics in 2010. Man that was a crazy fun event.

View attachment 450607

View attachment 450609

This before they installed a fountain under and around the cauldron. These photos don't show you the metal fence with barbed wire they had installed to keep people out of the area, out of fear of protestors/vandals.

That's a very ambitious structure for roasting marshmallows! ;) :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom