The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

One thing...do teach her how to pump gas. Especially if she's bringing her own car. It was amazing the number of confused NJ students we had...I make fun of NJ, but this one's serious. I had a very nervous freshman in chorus tell me her car was low on gas and she had no idea what to do...and that was my senior year after hearing the same story over and over again...
My daughter does not have her own car. She will not be driving out of state. If she did then your suggestion would be followed by me for sure. Thank you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One thing...do teach her how to pump gas. Especially if she's bringing her own car. It was amazing the number of confused NJ students we had...I make fun of NJ, but this one's serious. I had a very nervous freshman in chorus tell me her car was low on gas and she had no idea what to do...and that was my senior year after hearing the same story over and over again...

Both of my kids were given cars (in our name) in high school but they were 'theirs.' Both got AAA cards and taught to pump gas. My kids were swimmers. 545 am weights and didn't get back from swim practice until 645pm. After 2 years of that before they could drive CARS it was. But it did amaze me how many kids graduating high school lacked the ability to drive including highways, especially females. My Dad took me out on highways every weekend, early morning to learn how to navigate. My Mom wouldn't get on a highway or tollway.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd add changing a tire and being able to jump start a car to the list of things one should do before being allowed to drive because even with AAA waiting for them could take quite a while and not every place has a good signal to call from.

Last edited:

Rista1313

I don't know anyone "teaching" me how to pump gas.... maybe someone did.... but I'm pretty sure it was just common sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom