The Brazilian tour groups: is Disney taking action?

matt9112

Don't get smart with me young man or I'll have no alternative but to send our Scottish Tour Group over, now you really don't want that

9-_TfKGzN5RMaeAoFS7-SMlaQ2d5d1ZFBwRHnnkZtmw94pkdSsIUTFFT3WGHhpjGaUSjR30Ajjg2XAkPqhTaIEp2vnIv8I9nNhsZcANmL15h14s0XNBJCdsXXEzNWXOQU1.jpg

maybe you should just let them be free men? =)

matt9112

Right I've decided the Brazilians are getting all the plaudits here and I'm not having it. I'm thinking of starting 'Very British tour groups' and we're going to be noticed too as we march around the park. Expect shouts of 'God save the Queen' and over politeness aplenty coming to Disney parks soon :cool:

hacketmain.jpg

is this a meeting for the ministry of silly walks?

aw14

No. A group of rowdy anyone.

I take my dance team often. They've had to do lunges at our hotel for acting a fool in the line waiting for our bus. I don't play that game.
I am a former High School football and wrestling coach, bad behavior was never tolerated. Extra running was always an easy reminder of how to behave.

Lucky

A foreigner thing? As in, Americans being xenophobic? Not at all. Half the people you are talking to here are not even Americans themselves. Why, this very site isn't even American.
I'm American but the majority of my friends and colleagues are from dozens of countries all over the world. I don't suddenly turn xenophobic when the subject is DisneyWorld.

G00fyDad

I think it's coming down to the elderly becoming less tolerant about the energenic youth.
Folks it's not church we are attending.

Wow. LOL I'm not sure how to respond to that other than "you missed the mark again".

LOL It is not a bunch of us yelling at that d**n kid to get off our lawn. You are EXACTLY like that friend of mine that thinks it is okay for these groups to do this because it doesn't hurt anyone. However, just because it doesn't bother you it doesn't mean it doesn't bother nearly everyone else in the parks.

G00fyDad

Does anyone know what they are chanting? Or do we just assume it's bad. For all you know it could be the Mickey Mouse club song.

Is chanting disrespectful? Should it be outlawed in wdw.

It is not what they are chanting. What they are chanting is nothing disrespectful at all. It is how they go about it, where they do it, and how loud and obnoxious it is. But of course I believe you already know that. :rolleyes:

TheScreed

You are EXACTLY like that friend of mine that thinks it is okay for these groups to do this because it doesn't hurt anyone. However, just because it doesn't bother you it doesn't mean it doesn't bother nearly everyone else in the parks.

Yes, and the fact that it bothers most people does not make Poly's opinion (namely, that you should relax and get over it) any less valid as an opinion, and therefore a valid point to raise in a discussion about this very topic.

It makes me crazy when weirdos insist that the rest of us are "uptight" because we get angry at line jumpers and parade bargers and chanting teenagers. I think that point of view is ridiculous. I am 100% in favor of Disney cracking down on all of these problem behaviors. But I don't think people who disagree with me are trolling.

G00fyDad

Yes, and the fact that it bothers most people does not make Poly's opinion (namely, that you should relax and get over it) any less valid as an opinion, and therefore a valid point to raise in a discussion about this very topic.

It makes me crazy when weirdos insist that the rest of us are "uptight" because we get angry at line jumpers and parade bargers and chanting teenagers. I think that point of view is ridiculous. I am 100% in favor of Disney cracking down on all of these problem behaviors. But I don't think people who disagree with me are trolling.

You have the wrong person here. Read my posts again. I never said they were trolling. (Although it does appear that way.) I don't think anyone's "opinion" is less valid. However, by saying that it is not a big deal because it is not hurting anyone when they know full well that is not our point is not expressing an opinion, but rather trying to be argumentative. If Poly's idea of a good time is going to the parks and letting 500 children cut line in front of them, diving into the bushes to avoid a gaggle of idiotic teens arm-in-arm walking down a pathway, or even sitting next to their family and having to scream to them because of the loud obnoxious chanting then that is their right. ;) We choose not to.

PhilharMagician

I've seen several references to "Pop Warner" on this thread. What exactly is this?

Believe me when I say, you do not want to find out!

The worst time in WDW I can say without a doubt has been when Pop Warner was there. Will never ever put ourselves through that again. It is absolutely shocking watching these groups of tweens and teens screaming, chanting, climbing and doing just about anything that just shouldn't be done. About 10 of us were taken out one time in the queue for TOT by a practicing cheer group when they fell off a wall that a CM had told them to stop doing 3 times. I have heard horror stories from people staying in the All Stars during this time also.

I know that all groups aren't this bad, but the bad ones unfortunately really stick out.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Could you imagine the cheerleaders and the Brazilian /Argentinian tour group's in WDW at the same time? :eek::hilarious::jawdrop:
We have been - the first week in December 2012. From that experience, the Pop Warner kids were in small groups (10-12) with 2-3 adults. The groups we saw were behaved. Can't speak of the hotel behavior because none were at our resort.

Now, the South American tour group was completely different. We have seen them in the summers during other trips, but nothing compared to their rude, disrespectful behavior that we encountered during the December trip. A group of about 200 stood in front of the American Pavilion in Epcot and chanted for about 20 minutes - all while the Candlelight Processional was happening. It was incredibly rude and disrespectful to both the content of the event, as well as to the performers, their families, and all of the other people that were there to watch. At another point in the evening, this group could be heard chanting from across World Showcase. They also had a dance routine going on, and would just randomly stop walking in the middle of their chant, not safe for all of the people caught walking behind them. This was a group where there was no adults in the group, except for the flag holder and he seemed much more engaged in flirting with the girls than leading them anywhere.

In my experience, the groups with parents/adults accompanying them (not just CMs) are much better behaved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom