The Brazilian tour groups: is Disney taking action?

Victor Kelly

fabric needles to the buttocks can make them move along.......just sayin:devilish:

I do remember a quote from a movie "cheerleaders are dancers.......that have gone re******". (I didnt type it in, not trying to be rude.)

I really don't mind groups getting pictures or having a good time, so long it is not to the detriment of other guests.

Hulacat

Right I've decided the Brazilians are getting all the plaudits here and I'm not having it. I'm thinking of starting 'Very British tour groups' and we're going to be noticed too as we march around the park. Expect shouts of 'God save the Queen' and over politeness aplenty coming to Disney parks soon :cool:I'm soooo ready to see that & I would be the first to (ever so politely) beg to buy your group cups of tea!

hacketmain.jpg

IMFearless

Imagine this:

A convoy of Brazillian cheerleaders driving scooters down Main Street, each towing a double-wide stroller like a trailer, led by a pack of untrained, unregistered "service animals". :eek:

That's the ultimate nightmare scenario.

Literally crying with laughter at this point.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Last edited:

nelsonj3

To those who can't understand why the chanting is a problem, it is fairly simple. Disney is a relaxing place for many of us, despite the crowds. The dull roar of the crowd is not a distracting thing, and it is expected at a crowded place. It is also easy to ignore because it is a constant "drone." When groups start chanting loudly, it destroys the atmosphere and also makes queue music, narration, and etc... almost impossible to hear. It is also very difficult to ignore anyone who is chanting. (Not impossible, but VERY difficult).

Since everyone has a right to an enjoyable vacation, it is important that no groups are allowed to chant because it is very distracting to everyone else. I have been around very rude cheerleader group as well as rude tour groups from various countries. (Band kids are mostly well-behaved, but maybe I'm biased since I'm a band director... lol). Anytime I take my band kids on a field trip, we always have a serious discussion about how the behavior of each individual reflects on the entire group, either negatively or positively. It's just a fact of life. If my students were chanting something and destroying the atmosphere for other guests trying to enjoy their vacation, I would want to know immediately, and I would expect my chaperones to stop it immediately (unless I was there to stop it). A theme park is simply not an appropriate place to do chants. That's really not debatable. Sorry. A sporting event is a much more appropriate venue for chanting, and most people actually expect and enjoy joining in or trying to out-chant the other team's fans. Again, it doesn't matter who is doing the chanting (unless it is an official part of a show or something...), it is wrong.

I mean, obviously there might be exceptions at some point, but in general, it is very annoying, especially in a queue when everyone is so close together.

Matt_Black

I've never been during the times these tour groups come through but I have heard the horror stories about them. Are they really that bad?

I'm sure it can be somewhat irritating, but like with most things WDW, I'm sure that many on this board are over dramatizing it.

draybook

They are chanting, singing... whatever... they aren't putting a gag over your mouth you're still free to talk all you want, or sing for that matter... If you are looking for peace and quiet to talk to someone maybe you should find a sit down restaurant or just stay in your hotel room... are you as equally annoyed when you hear a crying baby? Because honestly I am much more annoyed by the babies that are allowed to cry in Disney than I am by anyone singing or chanting.

Comparing babies that have almost no control over their emotions and teenagers that have full control over their annoying behavior.......yeah, not exactly apples to apples there.....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm sure it can be somewhat irritating, but like with most things WDW, I'm sure that many on this board are over dramatizing it.

It's pretty bad. I went in July a few years ago, and I was sufficiently aggravated to never book a summer trip again. They are everywhere. They are rude. They cut lines. The make ungodly amounts of noise.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
with all due respect I'M and puzzled how this chanting ruins ones vacation? I just don't get it I vacation there every year the first 2 weeks in July and I see and hear the groups but it has no affect on me or my family. I have more problems being run down by scooters and baby strollers because that hurts.
It goes beyond the chanting, if you hadn't noticed the other comments. But nice attempt to stir up the ECV and strollers ire....

aw14

with all due respect I'M and puzzled how this chanting ruins ones vacation? I just don't get it I vacation there every year the first 2 weeks in July and I see and hear the groups but it has no affect on me or my family. I have more problems being run down by scooters and baby strollers because that hurts.
I am not sure why you have such a hard time understanding common courtesy.

The behavior is overly rude and unnecessary. The adults that are involved with the group visits should try their best to assist in controlling the group. However, they seem more interested in "flirting" with the girls

draybook

The chanting and/or loud talking can ruin a good time because I paid a lot of money to hear Paul Frees, not Pablo Escobar's nephew.

I will admit though that the cheerleaders can be equally as annoying. As a matter of fact, the only time we've requested to stay behind at the stretching room was because a trio of annoying cheerleaders.

aw14

The chanting and/or loud talking can ruin a good time because I paid a lot of money to hear Paul Frees, not Pablo Escobar's nephew.

I will admit though that the cheerleaders can be equally as annoying. As a matter of fact, the only time we've requested to stay behind at the stretching room was because a trio of annoying cheerleaders.
I agree, there are a variety of groups that are very annoying. It is not just the tour groups. However, their behavior seems to be farm more consistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom