The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Jan 25. The trim on the large building on the left has darker colored blue paint. The building below the tower is a darker green than the tower itself.

IMG_4551.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Jan 30. The back side of The Boathouse displays more of the texture and color painted on the shingled wall.

IMG_4622.JPG

If you look closely, the small windows on the tower have ribbon lights.

IMG_4631.JPG

Here is an update photo of the pier and outbuilding on the lake.

IMG_4629.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb 3. A wooden deck is being installed over the metal grating surrounding parts of The Boathouse. Here are three views: The Boathouse lake view deck, the outbuilding on the pier, and the back building facing Fulton's Crab House. In the last photo, you can see wooden posts installed for a railing.

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

roj2323

Photo update of The Boathouse construction, as of Tuesday, Feb 10. From Fulton's Crab House, you can see more of the wooden railing to be installed around The Boathouse.

View attachment 82530

I wonder why they are going with a painted effect on the shingles. It seems weird that they wouldn't just use the rubber cedar shake shingles they use on roofs on the walls.

NeXuS1000

I just don't get why that wall in particular is specially treated, as it now sticks out sharply compared to the plain beige and larger walls to the left of it. Seems like something is off there; hope it's just WIP.

meyeet

I just don't get why that wall in particular is specially treated, as it now sticks out sharply compared to the plain beige and larger walls to the left of it. Seems like something is off there; hope it's just WIP.
I agree it does seem to stand out more. I wonder if they are going to use it as some sort of billboard advertisement space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom